Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think FiM should remain focused on girls, or should it shift to bronies?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

If it where to shift said towards a different group, I'll say let's start with general families first because that makes almost everybody enjoy it, regardless of any gender. Come to think about it, Lauren did said that she did made it watchable for adults too because were all just kids inside of us and Bronies are just the result of it.

Pandering = shit show

Bronies = bad idea and hard to market to (but also very easy, its compicated and I dont want to explain)

Gender neutral = good idea

Empowering and teaching the younger generation = also good idea

More adventure and intresting content = better show

I think the writers should focus more on the content before deciding to market to a certain demographic, for example, less filler episodes and more quality storyline.

MLP must to be for  little girls. I don't want,  that in MLP will added a erotic scenes

i think you don't understand what brony means) they're adults fans of the little girls show - yes. but, they're a kind-hearted, and don't want such things in the show, they love it because it's pure and kind.

what topic means is the author's to make more references and jokes that only teenagers and above will understand. but i think show have enough of these as it is.

so no, i think that show will stay the same as it is (mostly 'cause i think season7 is the last one in this Gen.. of course if hasbro don't want to aging characters even more or find new VA for them.. but it'll be next gen anyway then).

• Brohoof 1

I actually asked a relevant question at nightmare nights convention last weekend:

weesh: "how do you balance writing for the target audience, versus for the bronies?"

Mitch A Larson: "easy, i write for the target audience.  with the exception of episode 100, everything I write is for them, I don't take you guys into account at all"

Amy Keating Rogers: "That has always been the thrust of the writing team, and THAT is the show that you guys fell in love with, so there isn't really a reason to change that"

Mitch A Larson: "some of the newer writers have created more content pointed at the bronies, and I think this is a mistake"

NOTE: these answers are true in spirit to their answers, but are not verbatim.

I agree with them.  its nice to get a few random bones tossed our way, but the thrust should be to keep the target audience in mind.

Also, with regard to male and female characters, TV is already full of shows with tons of male characters.  Can we not let MLP be primarily focused on girls?   

As a 32 year old male, finding a show that celebrates platonic female relationships is a HUGE plus for the series.  I don't want them to change that.  

Edited by weesh
  • Brohoof 2

I am personally fine with FIM just the way it is right now.

While I would like to see a little bit more exploration of the lore of the universe the show takes place in, or just a bit more on the fantasy elements, I can live with what we have right now.

Fandoms don't always know what they want, and for that reason, I don't think it would be a good idea to shift the focus of the show into pleasing bronies.

• Brohoof 3