Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post the embarrassing things your parents do or think!

simba86

Pretty much every child since the begining of time itself has been embarased by things that their parents do or say or the old wives tales they still belive that science has proven wrong, it is almost a tradition!

Like my dad loves to make negative comments about other countries "I know it is wrong", but he can never get the countries and people that live there right so he looks kinda stupid.  he can not seem to understand that china and japan are two different countries, or that India is not really an arabic country that arabs live in,india is india and is mostly hindu i think and saudi arabia is saudi arabia and is mostly muslim.

my mom thinks that rain makes you sick, Cracking knuckles gives you arthritis,going outside with wet hair will make you sick, and that locusts and cicadas are the same insect LOL 

what about ya'll?

• Brohoof 2

My father likes to randomly sing when out in public, people like to stare and it's very awkward for everyone involved.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Ask me when they're going to get grandchildren..

(I'm 19)

Trying to sound "cool" like every adult completely out of sync with what's up

Speak non-English in discussion in a public place while looking at someone or having had looked at someone

Edited by ARagY
  • Brohoof 3

My dad is a huge social butterfly. He can strike up a conversation with a total stranger and keep at it for an hour at least.

• Brohoof 1

I was playing kingdom hearts 2 when I was 7 with my sister, we were in the world of Winnie poo. My mom walked in and because of all the fighting in the game my mom thought Winnie poo was fighting too. That's when she said "why is Winnie poo fighting! Is he throwing honey pots at people? We explained to her that it was a mini-game and Winnie poo wasn't actually fighting, She said oh and went back to her room. To this day every time I play any kingdom hearts game she ALWAYS says that I eventually just stopped playing the games

altogether it was so annoying :okiedokielokie:  

• Brohoof 1

My parents have completely adopted the text slang when they text me. Half the time I can't understand what they say. They also do stuff like lol and rofl in ALL CAPS, I always feel like their yelling LOL at me XD

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

- Both my parents use the Scottish slang term "Dunderhead" too much and it's annoying. Also, my dad uses other slang terms like "Bollocks", "Wanker", saying "Heed" instead of head, saying "Alright Jimmy", "Wee-Man", calls me and my brother "Lads", and saying "Tatties" instead of potatoes and I think it's annoying since he mixes it in with an American accent he adopted.

- My dad loses things like his hat, cellphone, and glasses a lot.

- My mom says "Oh come on!" and raises her voice at the TV when her favorite football team Arsenal F.C. is playing.

Edited by CC_Maud_Pie
  • Brohoof 2

My father doesn't really embarrass me all that often...  On account of his being dead.

My mom's a good lady.  She's just at that age, I guess, where she's prone to breaking out in song publicly.  Like, while exploring store aisles.  She started dancing once in Ripley's Believe It or Not museum. x )  I love her, though.  And hell: She doesn't give me flack for wearing pony shirts and rainbow-colored socks in public.

• Brohoof 2

The older I get, the more "Mom" my mother gets. I'm 26yrs old, and she treats me like I'm a 12yr old, it's a little weird sometimes because this is entirely new, because when I was 12yrs old, my mother wasn't like this. I routinely stayed home alone on weekends while she visited family, cooked my own dinner, and cleaned my own clothing. Now, even though I still live with her, I completely care for myself, have my own business, and pay for myself. So having her come in the kitchen to "make sure I have everything handled", or asking me if I've fed my animals (which has never been an issue), or telling me to 'Go to your room!' if we argue- it's a little weird. 
Told her last month I was planning on moving out next year and she was like 'Are you sure that's a good idea?'  :huh: Don't most parents get excited when their kids are independent, are going to move out, and don't need to be cared for, it's not like this is new development, I've been pretty much taking care of myself since I was 16yrs old. I get that my interests are fairly juvenile, given the pony obsession, and my Doctor Who and Trek love, and my room looks like a geek explosion, but I'm very mature, good with money, and all around responsible. I don't understand why I'm being treated like a child. 

• Brohoof 1

My mom never let me watch teletubies or pokemon because someone on the internet had told her that the symbols on the teletubies heads was satan symbols and that pokemon was evil. same thing with star trek, she said it would "mess up my mind" even the lion king because of the whole "sex spelled out in the leaves" thing even though it was proven to not be the word sex but SFX

what made it even worse is she would talk about it in public and people looked at her like she was nuts

pretty much anything that spread VIA internet rumor she took as fact, there was even a point where she believed that KFC kept headless plucked chickens in the back room on life support to make sure they was super fresh

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have grown very close to my father.... in a way we are pretty similar.... except he isn't a brony.... and I'm not a fan of the walking dead....

I can't really think of anything besides this.... he is constantly bugging me about being single saying I should date a few employees for places I tried applying to.... or sometimes random strangers.... then he goes to my siblings and stepmom saying I was checking some woman out.... when I don't find people attractive for their appearance.... 

as for my mother she is a deadbeat and just being her son is enough of an embarrassment

• Brohoof 1

My mom often fumbles on certain words that she is not acquainted with and I just find it really funny, in a light hearted way.

For example, the word 'Gigabyte'. For the longest time after she got her own laptop for the first time, she would always pronounce it like 'gigeebyte'. She pronounces some other words really odd like that too. I guess I don't consider that really embarrassing but it is a funny little thing that she does. 

• Brohoof 1

My mother and stepfather ask about my love (including sex) life whenever they call me up in which case I ask about theirs. Haha! My father also is very outgoing like me and he's a very funny guy.

• Brohoof 1

My mom thinks it's cute to ship me with men who are a lot older than me but are single. They're usually the son of a friend of hers and she thinks that we'd make a good match.Both my parents have a bad habit of walking into a room I'm in without knocking and half the time it'll be either my room or the bathroom and they just casually walk in to wash their hands while I'm on the toilet and or start a convo. 

• Brohoof 1

My mom is the embarrassing one in the house.

She starts conversations with random people in the street.

She is a really loud and random person...

You know what? She's Pinkie Pie.

Yeah, that's my headcanon (wut).

• Brohoof 2

My mom sometimes watches shows such as "Toddlers & Tiaras" and sometimes my father behaves like a child randomly (not because he wants to, but more to annoy me  :okiedokielokie:)  :unsure:

They do nothing embarrassing, but they think.

My father? Eh, nothing, really. He's the opposite, well, sort of of my mother when it comes to personality.

But, for my mother:

• She believes violent media will corrupt people. Oh, for God's sake, it's fiction, not reality! Yet, she only wants to believe her own ways.
  • Is surprised that I like villains too. There's nothing wrong with liking heroes or villains. It started when I said to her that I like Darth Vader.
  • Brohoof 1