Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkie didn't invite Big Mac!?

Forlong

Okay, in episode 24 of season 2, Pinkie didn't invite Big Mac to come with her to the competition. What the Hell!? He was the one that carried the cake all the way from Sugar Cube Corner to the train station! What, was it an all girl club? Were they afraid of catching his cooties?

Honestly, wouldn't he have improved the atmosphere of the episode? While Pinkie was describing how amazing all the deserts were, he would say "eeyup". Comedy gold, people!

Well, SOMEPONY has to watch the farm, and since Applejack's going with Pinkie...

Plus, Apple Bloom is only a little filly, and Granny Smith... I don't think she could do any applebucking...

• Brohoof 4

I get the feeling that he stayed behind to look after the apples. As Electro said, Apple Bloom can't do any of the hard work because she's so small and if Granny Smith tried to do anything she'd probably break a hip(again :lol: ).

Well, SOMEPONY has to watch the farm, and since Applejack's going with Pinkie...

Plus, Apple Bloom is only a little filly, and Granny Smith... I don't think she could do any applebucking...

In my mind, this would be the best explanation.

• Brohoof 1

Plus, from a writing standpoint, there were already too many characters on the train as it was. Notice no one one else on the train shows up, even though the train obviously carried more passengers than the Mane Six and the bakers. Also, Applejack herself was something like window dressing, barely used at all. Big Macintosh would've added nothing and caused more headache for the writers who were already trying to balance everypony as it was.

• Brohoof 2

I highly doubt that Pinkie Pie wouldn't invite Big Mac to the competition in Canterlot. However, as per the posts above detailing on why he wasn't able to come (which is most likely being he simply had to look after Apple Bloom, Granny Smith, and the business), it should be a mere case of putting his family ahead of social events. Prioritizing yourself in a big and successful (family) business such as Sweet Apple Acres would be a rather large factor as the workload is of demanding manual labor and large businesses demand huge attention from its owners. Suffice to say that Big Mac understands this, and although he would love to go to the competition, he simply must focus on the family that much more considering that his sister (a key figure in the Apple family) is on leave at the moment.

There's my two cents.

Well, the other ponies have a point... Maybe Big Mac JUST came there to help, he does have work to do on the farm many days. But if that isn't the case, that isn't very nice! I can't really think of how I would have responded to that if Pinkie outright didn't invite him... Maybe Big Mac didn't want to go?

Silly colt! Big Mac is a male. Male ponies are for pulling carriages, carrying heavy things, being Celestia's eye-candy, and doing stupid things that Twilight has to fix. Haven't you seen the show?

Edited by Shagbark
  • Brohoof 1

I'm thinking with all the trouble little AppleBloom can get into it'd probably be in the safety of Sweet Apple Acre's that he stayed behind. I mean Granny Smith can't do all the hard work.

Beside's AB's so tiny that she probably can't Applebuck yet.

I'm guessing the big reason was that he needed to stay home to tend to the farm.

But I don't think Big Mac would want to go anyway. He's a pretty shy guy, and going to the competition he'd just find himself in a big crowd of Canterlot ponies that he doesn't know and doesn't have anything in common with.

Aww, I was gonna say this.

That's the most likely explanation in my mind. She would have, or maybe even did, but someone has to stay behind and watch the farm, Apple Bloom, and Granny Smith. That old mare would probably get in all sorts of shenanigans without either Aj or Big Mac around. xD

You really wanna know why Big Mac wasn't at the competition ?

He can't participate to any competition, as the most awesome stalion in the world his only presence forbid the judges to be fair and the other ponies have not choice but to give up.

There is another theorie, I know this one is true, but I'm afraid to say it to everypony.