Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you get over something/someone?

Boyevyye De

Distract yourself. Pour all that emotion into something useful. Draw, compose, record, whatever it is that can turn that energy into something productive all the while distracting yourself by focusing on something worthwhile.

With me, I find that the bad feeling goes away by itself after some time, providing you do not keep feeding the bad thoughts and try to avoid them.

If you are feeling sad about something, sometimes it also helps if you let the emotions flow without torturing yourself over it. It can be cathartic.

• Brohoof 1

If you are feeling sad about something, sometimes it also helps if you let the emotions flow without torturing yourself over it. It can be cathartic.

I agree, confronting the pain and letting it go (or forgiving) is tough, but ultimately it will help bring healing.

It may take time, but finding something new to get you out of bed in the morning will help complete the process.

• Brohoof 3

I do things I like doing. <-- That's the simplistic answer

I revel in the fact that I am the better man here and continue on with my existence, living my life as I usually did before the conflict arrised. <-- That's the more detailed answer.

Honestly, I tend to wallow in my own misery when I get upset over something. I might try to distract myself from the thoughts by doing something I enjoy, but for the most part I tend to keep thinking about whatever it is I'm upset about. Talking to people I trust about what's upsetting me can also help sometimes. 

I do... A little bit of everything. I immerse myself in what I enjoy (drawing, reading and music), and spend time around people I care about who I know can support me. Even so, I never forget to take the time to mull it over - maybe it hurts, but I find the more I think about it and the more I reflect on it, the more positive things come up. Sometimes it results in tears and sadness, but hey, that's okay. 

Last October, my boyfriend broke up with me.

We were incredibly close, so, as you could imagine, I was really upset. I started cutting myself and was contemplating suicide.

After bwing admitted to the psychiatric hospital for awhile, I was still devastated.

It wasn't until recently did I completley get over him.

It was extremley difficult, but I let time heal my wounds.

Being emotionally detached to things helps a fair bit.

I just do something such as watch TV or play games and forget for a while.

It only lasts temporarily, but rinse and repeat until successful.

I know, I'm a terrible person! :lol:

or i drink to forget

And this! It works extraordinarily well! :umad:

Throwing a party in commemoration of a loss seems weird to some, but you see it often at funerals! :grin2:

Distracting yourself only works for a little bit and doesn't solve the problem. It'll come back if you haven't semi-accepted it.

You have to find out what you did wrong, and then what the other person did wrong. Everyone has their own way.

Recently somebody did me very very wrong. I drank a lot and it worked, but it didn't stop til I told myself that they were wrong and that I wouldnt make the mistakes I did again. Jk, I'm still a little mad and am gonna die alone.

Cry. Thats what I did when the 11th Doctor rengenerated... not to mention that music was fueling my emotions.

Edited by KazziKazza

for things I try to distract myself with things I can get reeally in to, like most the people here have stated. >u<

for people however, it's a lot different. .-. It's a mixture of repeatedly telling myself that maybe I actually don't like them and trying to be around all my other friends as much as I can (but not trying to ignore that person I'm trying to get over, cause that would be bad :c ) and do the same as I'd do with things I'm trying to get over, that being do something that I can get reeally in to. Although sometimes none of that works. xD so idk.

• 3 weeks later...

Usually, I just put all my focus into something I enjoy, like playing a favourite game or watching a feel-good anime. Cheerful music that makes me feel nostalgic does a pretty good job, too. :catface:

• 5 years later...

I'm not good at that myself I suppose letting yourself feel what you feel and then embrace that to move forward in a positive direction. That is easier said then done however, distracting yourself only does so much as to actually distract yourself. While it does prove helpful to overcome one must accept as well.

• Brohoof 1