Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are you going to do on the day MLP G4 ends?

cider float

I would be disappointed of course but I'm prepared for it. Everything ends sooner or later.

My main concern at this point would be to try and keep in touch with the friends I made through the fandom both online and offline.

Then I'll just wait for Gen 5, which is inevitable (I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro has started planning it already) and hope that it's just as good as gen 4 was :)

Nothing, pretty much. It'll be disappointing to hear the show's coming to an end, but hey, better to end on a high note rather than unnecessarily drag itself on.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not quite sure. Honestly, I'm a little detached from the show itself, though I love the artwork and will continue to look at it. I suspect that won't go away for a while. I like the mods, the communities (sometimes), the stories. There's so much more to the show than the show itself. It's influence has extended well past its borders. Even though the show itself may end or may go bad, it will be like Sonic, Ben 10, Spongebob, and other things like that. It will have fans and those willing to produce content into the foreseeable future, as far as I can predict. Plus, we've probably got another generation coming. I'd like to watch that. This ride of ours is certainly special, and no doubt we're more than halfway done at this point if we count the 8 confirmed seasons (we're on 5 1/2). Nevertheless, there's assuredly more around the corner.

All I hope is that we don't do something unexpected and drop off like flies. The general activity of the brony fanbase has indeed declined over the course of the show, seeing its biggest drop s2-s3 and remaining at a relatively low loss s4-s5. What are the losses? Well, content. Musicians, artists, writers. A lot of them have simply stopped. But we still get hundreds of images a day (although a good amount of them are sadly dank memes). I'm hoping for a bright future for MLP because it's what led to so many good things for me. Whether or not its this generation. But yeah, I'm generally optimistic about it seeing as how there's just no way there's not another generation sometime, and you can look at other shows with fanbases and see how well they're doing. But I have to say, MLP's base is probably the biggest out of any, except maybe Star Wars/Star Trek? Yeah. But Pokémon and Dr. Who are definitely behind imo. We've seen a lot come from this, and even though we've slowed down a little, we're not near the full stop. 

Go on the forums and talk about it and reminisce about what a great show G4 was.

This.^ It's not like the fandom will up and vanish overnight. I've come across fandoms for shows from as much as 20 years ago. Their forums generally aren't very active, thus rendering them somewhat unappealing, but they still exist. I'm sure the FiM fandom will still be fairly large for the foreseeable future. Fan works won't stop being produced, and I'm sure new fans will come across the show well after new episodes stop being produced. Fandoms don't die, especially for popular series like FiM. They eventually dwindle, but they don't die, and I do think there will still be some semblance of a fandom 20 years later. It won't be as big, but I'd be surprised if there isn't still a fandom.

• 5 weeks later...

I would continue my life as is... I can foresee many people leave the fandom just because the show is over but not me... I will continue being a Brony until I die as I'm sure a lot of people will also do... I would also take this opportunity to review every episode since I know how many I have to deal with and whats to come...

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame

Generation.. 5.. :D Please..? Right..? T^T :(

Exactly! I'm really curious what the next gen would look like!  :love: 

I mean, Faust's designs are the absolute pinnacle of the franchise, so... Looks like there'll be a lot of pressure on the future pony designers!

Go watch the next episode of Steven Universe, I guess. :P

Me too! :D

Or South Park. Or Rick and Morty.

• Brohoof 1

Well, if I'm still alive... I'll be kind of sad (or some other emotion if the series has devolved into Slice of Life  pandering to the wrong audience), but I know that MLP will always continue, and I look forward to what comes next... Hopefully a generation with a toy line on par with G1/G3!

Write more fan fiction on fimfiction. Keep reading fan fiction, wait for the eventual MLP G5.

More on (not fully) to something else. 

Keep reading fan fiction and watching the show even after it's over.

Edited by Bendy

Well, let's see.  I guess I'll melt down my MLP DVDs, then I'll burn all of my MLP apparel, then I'll melt down my MLP brushables, then I'll format all of my hard drives, delete my MLPF account, and cancel my cable and internet package, and lastly, I'll Men In Black flashy thing myself back to 2009.  Because...you know, every brony seems to think that's what's going to happen when the show ends.  The fandom and everything in it will get sucked into a black hole.  Right?  That's what everyone always asks.  "What will happen when the fandom ends?  What will you do when the fandom ends?"  Like we'll all be abducted and disappear for years and then come stumbling out of an alien spacecraft with no memory of what happened.  The community will be erased and no one will ever know it existed!

I'm gonna come here and post my finale review, and then continue occasionally making my MLP art, reading fanfics, and re-watching the series every so often.  I'll continue to unwind after work every day with some funny pony youtube stuff.  I'll wear my pony shirts around.  What do you think I'm gonna do?  Well, some people might have a party or something, but I don't know anyone to do that with.

• Brohoof 1