Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are you going to do on the day MLP G4 ends?

cider float

After the inevitable sadness dissipates, I will most likely reflect on how much the show and its fandom has changed my life and I will look back on the past few years and think about what a crazy few years it has been. I will think about all of the friends I have met online during this time and how much I appreciate them all. It will be a long moment of reflection and sincere appreciation for the show, all that I have done here, and all of my friends. ^.^ For me. that is the most positive thing to do, since it will be a sad day when G4 comes to an end. 

• Brohoof 14

Whatever my daily life dictates at the time. There will likely be showering, cooking, dishes, walking the dog, some kind of yard or house work, and general engagement of my fellow humans.

• Brohoof 5

While MLP:G4 might "end" its production of new episodes, I doubt that fans will let the fandom die out. I'd be on the forums or fimfiction, as I usually do after an episode. And, I'll be looking foward to G5 or G4.5 or whatever comes next.

Edit: Also, I doubt that the MLP franchise is going to die out; it's too big for Hasbro to kill it.

Edited by Knight Hadron
  • Brohoof 3

I'll admit, I may cry the day the final episode comes (it'll be embarrassing as hell if G4 ends with the 2017 movie, and I'm crying once the credits roll and I'm out of the theaters like I used to as a kid after every movie I saw at the cinemas) but, because I'll be an adult at around that time, I'll be most likely studying a little bit to help me follow my dream job (yes, I'm THAT kind of a guy), and sometimes I'll be visiting MLP Forums and any remaining Brony websites in my spare time, followed by meeting up with some of my Brony friends IRL that I may have met through meetups/conventions, and maybe at some point, rewatch all my old DVDs/Blu-Rays of MLP: FiM with a bunch of friends at my house, not only for nostalgia, but to say thanks to the Ponies for inspiring us as people at the right time, and of course, Hasbro, DHX Media, Lionsgate and anyone else involved with the production of MLP: FiM. Of course, I won't let my nostalgia cloud my judgement of media in the future this time.

• Brohoof 2

Probably be hyped up from how awesome the last episode was and then think welp that was fun and keep on going. Might be a bit sad, id be lying if i said i wouldnt be b/c i obviously really like this show. But i wont be too broken up about it.

I may or may not stay in the fandom.

Continuing life as normal. Though as I would spend less time online about ponies, I would spend more time on my Warhammer 40,000 army, which by that point will be about 2000 points. *preys to luna for a Dreadnight and Castellan Crowe*

I am going to steal an answer from Nowacking.

When that day comes, I will cry and eat a lot of ice cream. Then I will stop crying because I have ice cream. When that ice cream runs out I will cry some more, because I don't have ice cream or ponies.

• Brohoof 4

Laugh all the way to Hasbro's head office and say in a very intimidation tone "No."

Sure, all things must come to an end...but AMERICAN DAD AND FAMILY GUY HAVE BEEN ON FOR AT LEAST TEN YEARS. If subpar comedy can last that long, Then a super stellar show like MLP: FiM should and WILL last just as long. 

Anyways, if and when that day comes I will start a new MLP show called My Little Pony: Friendship was Magic on a youtube channel, hopefully to be picked up by Hasbro, where Equestria falls due to a decay in the earth. New allies will be forged and new enemies will be made...actually thats too dark.

I'll just start a show made by the fans for the fans. So have all the Youtube Bronies like Rina-Chan voice characters they usually voice on fan made videos.
Instead of focusing soley on the mane six, this show will focus on background ponies as well as some OC characters...like Dusty Kats ponysona and Feld0's alicorn. The fans will call it MLP G4.5

I think the OP means when FiM ends, as it's a common misconception that shows are directly tied to gens. If FiM ends, it probably won't have anything to do with G4 ending. Personally, I think either Hasbro will decide they're finished telling the story of FiM and/or want to end the show before it ends up being a never ending series that carries on past its prime such as The Simpsons or Family Guy as such a fate could actually be a disservice to the fans despite it carrying on, or the poor handling of the series by Discovery Kids will kill its rating enough for the plug to be pulled, or some other factor will end the show, but I don't think changing gens will be what does it in. Declining ratings or not, FiM has proven itself to be popular enough that if it's still around when G5 is rolled out, I can see Hasbro simply adding characters and elements from G5 to it. If G1 and Pony Tales can include characters from G1 and 2, anything's possible.

As for what I will do when the show ends, which I can see happening in the next few years, I will simply continue to live my life. I'm sure I'll fall back even more on my main hobby, which is gaming, and possibly find another show to obsess over. I've been thinking for a while that even if the show ends, it's highly likely that the comics will continue on. It's possible the novel series will end, but I wouldn't be surprised if it also continued. I suppose I don't know for sure that the comics will still be around as that decision rests with Hasbro, but comics don't require things like voice actors, musical scores or a number of things that a tv show and film series require, and neither do novels so in theory they can carry on. Sure, time and resources go into them, but they're already being produced, so Hasbro just has to allow them to continue. Fans who dislike the spinoff media probably won't be comforted by that, but I for one think it's highly likely we'll still be getting at least something official even after the main source material ends.

Also, it's highly unlikely Hasbro won't try to replicate the success of FiM with a new series if FiM is axed by that point. Whether they succeed with this new series or not is anyone's guess, but I'm sure FiM will be the first past series they look to for inspiration going forward if they wish to try to make a successful new MLP show. I sincerely hope the days of Hasbro roughly throwing together a series of background noise for little girls like G3 are long over, and I think they'd be fools to ignore the success of FiM over other shows. What they do and what the premise is, is also anyone's guess but I think we can at least expect a valiant effort from Hasbro, even if lightning doesn't strike a second time. There is a chance that what they come up with will win over the Brony fandom once again.