Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Video game

Scarecrow

I also think that an rp game should be made for everypony to play

DO you agree?

I'd play it, and escape the world called reality. :3 It'd be actually really cool though, and to,make with the ability to add OC's... Ones that actually make sense of course.

There's fighting is magic, which wasn't fully finished but the final release is pretty solid

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/02/fighting-is-magic-tribute-edition.html

The devs are currently working on something very similar to it but without the mane six : P

http://www.mane6.com/

Hasbro released some  mobile thingy that may or may not be terrible.

Think there's also an MMO that opens occasionally  Legends of equestria. 

Quite a few fan projects. 

• Brohoof 1

What part of this is never going to happen officially do you not understand ?

Do you expect every dream you have to come true. And did I say it was going to happen? No. I said it'd be.awesomazing if it did. :/ No need to carry on.

Do you expect every dream you have to come true. And did I say it was going to happen? No. I said it'd be.awesomazing if it did. :/ No need to carry on.

It would be but the fact that hasbro does not like popular fan made stuff

There are a lot of odd and neat fan made games and a few licensed games already... but I'm sure Hasbro has thought about making one that targets older and younger players, but honestly what would it be about?... IMO I think the only way something like that could work is if they made something like Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing but in Equestria where you play as your OC... that would be amazing... now for an online game we already have LoE to look forward to..... some day...

I downloaded Fighting is Magic, plugged in my Xbox controller, and put a good 10 or so hours into it. Even while unfinished and unpolished, it's still a really fun game.

o definitely.

Played it a tonne with my cousin.

One of the only local multiplayer games I have on PC >.<

A Bethesda quality MLP RPG may be too much to ask for.

... If a MLP game were to officially be made, I'm not sure I'd like Bethesda doing it. Bethesda is known for large games like Skyrim... along with major bugs. BioWare on the other hand... ... but that is definitively too much to ask for.

Considering the target audience MLP is intended to, I don't think we can expect to see anything like a RPG be made officially. Though I would like that. It seems to fit nicely. However it would be made is another matter entirely. At best we would see some sort of puzzle game with possibly a minor RP element. What's the name of that one company? Pop Cap or something? That company could make a MLP game. 

If none would make a game, then perhaps make an Indie game?

I don't know. We do have some good fan-made games, though.

Edited by Koori

I'd love for an officially licensed MLP game to be released on consoles and/or handhelds that isn't a f2p app game. It doesn't even need to be anything spectacular because I would buy it anyways. It could be a 6-8 hour 2d platformer on the 3DS and I'd be cool with that. I'm actually kind of surprised we haven't seen anything of the sort given that even G3 got some official releases and I have a hard time believing it was anywhere near as popular as FiM. Sure, I don't expect anything spectacular but hopefully Hasbro won't keep the MLP license locked away from various devs forever. When I finally get a proper gaming PC I'll definitely enjoy some of the games fans have made, but I do want something official. Lately it seems that a lot of my wish list for the FiM series has become reality but an official video game is one that I can't cross off yet.

I do agree that there is a lot of potential for games based on MLP. Not to mention that, seeing as Gravity Falls is getting a game and Steven Universe already got one (albeit it's an app, but I hear it's very good, Paper Mario-esque), it may not be impossible for MLP to get one soon. Seeing as RPGs and Platformers are very popular, either of those would be pretty fitting for the setting.

However, another idea could be a rhythm game. There's multiple good ones (from what I hear, anyways) out there, so it would be fitting for MLP to have one where you could have the songs be songs from the show. Although I still do think an RPG or Platformer would be better suited for the franchise, a rhythm game still could be a fun and interesting idea. Not to mention that Final Fantasy got a rhythm game, so I mean anything can happen at this point.