Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv New Teletubbies House Revealed

ScarfaceOne

OK, So I was just reading an article today on the Teletubbies new house. And they have got a new Tubby Custard Train thingy, the house looks quite nice in it's renovated Decor, but here's the thing? Where's Noo Noo and the Tubby Toaster?

I can see the set, it looks quite nice. How exactly do you think the Tubby Custard train would work? Basically, there are four seats, and seatbelts, connected that make the train drive, but here's the thing, there is a Control Panel. So if this is so. Then how does it make Tubby Custard and Drive at the same time? Don't you need to press a button? What is it's purpose? Anyways, so where is Noo Noo and the Toaster? And the walls are also inflatable. The house also looks smaller then it used to.

http://www.radiotimes.com/uploads/images/original/87085.png

What do you think? Any personal opinions?

Indeed, I can't wait because Jim Broadbent's going to be an actor in the series. If you get an actor who worked on Harry Potter, Paddington and Narnia, then your in for a great series.

Anyways. I just have a few questions, don't mean to be rude or anything but this is what I wish could be answered.

1. What exactly is the Tubby Custard Train? How does it work? Because there are four seats. And a ''Control Panel'', there are only four Teletubbies, so how does it work? How does it deliver custard and all that?

2. Where is the Noo Noo? Has he been replaced by the Train or is he undergoing a Redesign?

3. Is that thing in the middle an elevator? It looks like the Teletubbies have replaced their slide with an elevator.

4. Where is the Tubby Toaster?

I do see a Table in the Background, not sure if the custard train delivers the seats to the Table. Because then it would be inconvenient because someone would have to press the control panel after only being in his nice seat.

Also. Are the Teletubbies not going to wear bibs anymore?

I really can't wait, I've contacted Aimee Norman from DHX over it and havn't got a reply yet.

Well this is interesting to say the least. For those who are freaking out in a bad way, please remember this show is for toddlers/preschoolers. As far as older person entertainment value, there is little to none....but it is tolerable if you see it/hear it in the background (personally). Heck of a lot better then Boobahs personally, as far as education goes (I see that show as an acid trip without any drugs). Teletubbies is at least coherent.

Overall it is a good preschool show. It's good that they are bringing it back.

Edited by Treble Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well this is interesting to say the least. For those who are freaking out in a bad way, please remember this show is for toddlers/preschoolers. As far as older person entertainment value, there is little to none....but it is tolerable if you see it/hear it in the background (personally). Heck of a lot better then Boobahs personally, as far as education goes (I see that show as an acid trip without any drugs). Teletubbies is at least coherent.

Thank you. And I think most of you are forgetting, Jim Broadbent will be in the series. Horace Slughorn and Professor Kirke from Harry Potter and Narnia. You have a AAA actor there. So that is another reason to return. It's by DHX, which also made MLP. And anyways, I want speculation on the Tubby Custard Train and how it actually works and the Noo Noo. The main point of this thread is to discuss about the house and speculate.

I used to have a hate for the Teletubbies because I thought they were Lazy, Fat, and were Stupid. That changed now that I know they still exercise, and Jim Broadbent is in it. As well as Fearne Cotton and Daniel Rigby. I Don't know if any of the original actors are reprising, but I reckon Tony Marshall, the actor of Noel from Casualty will be Dipsy. As he practically resembles John Simmit.

Sorry about all the UK References everywhere. You may need to search them up because you may not be familiar with it, I'm not generalizing, I'm just warning.

Edited by ScarfaceOne

the picture makes the house look more roomy. If I remember right, the house they had before was cramped, especially with the vacuum character (that's Noo Noo right?)....if it is the vacuum character, I hope it stays the same. Iconic characters should not change much. I am coming at this similar to how Spike is reiterated in FIM....same character, different coloration and personality, and overall better. Hopefully they do the same with the Vacuum as was done with Spike, making it better in subtle ways...

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-09-29/eh-oh-a-first-look-at-the-new-teletubbies-house

It's interesting how "low tech" the show is considering what tech is out there today.

the picture makes the house look more roomy. If I remember right, the house they had before was cramped, especially with the vacuum character (that's Noo Noo right?)....if it is the vacuum character, I hope it stays the same. Iconic characters should not change much. I am coming at this similar to how Spike is reiterated in FIM....same character, different coloration and personality, and overall better. Hopefully they do the same with the Vacuum as was done with Spike, making it better in subtle ways...

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-09-29/eh-oh-a-first-look-at-the-new-teletubbies-house

It's interesting how "low tech" the show is considering what tech is out there today.

That's not the vacuum cleaner, that's the Tubby Custard Train.

OK info.

Noo Noo isn't in the picture.

It's a Tubby Custard Train with four seats and yet a control panel, they are wearing seatbelts on their legs, who's driving it if there is console that would require a 5th occupant?

There appears to be a lift in the middle, probably to replace the slide.

Also, hate to break it to you but you know how you said the house looked ''less cramped''. I think it looks more, it looks smaller in my opinion.

q.gif

Why a new house? :V The old one was so cool though

335px-Teletubbies_I_want_to_be_a_vet.jpg

not that I care, I don't watch that anyway you know xD

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

OK, don't mean to be rude or anything. But I don't want anymore discussion about why they are bringing it back or why it should have been. It's speculation about the Train and the lift and other stuff in the house.

sig-4131579.sig-4130921.q.gif

Why a new house? :V The old one was so cool though

sig-4131579.sig-4130921.335px-Teletubbie

not that I care, I don't watch that anyway you know xD

To answer your question, the old one was demolished after they originally cancelled the show in 2001, then people started going to the farm where it was at and started stealing parts of the house. This made one of the local farmers very angry, so she decided to flood it to create a lake. Also, the new house must have resembelance to new technology, don't get the inflatable walls though.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/01/teletubbies-say-uh-oh-farmer-floods-dipsy-laa-laa-tinky-winky-and-pos-home-to-deter-tourists-3945138/

I still don't get the point of the Tubby Custard Train though or how it works.

yeah, I really can't wait for people to make theories on the train.

Edited by ScarfaceOne

I actually saw an interesting comment from a user over at this article. http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jun/03/teletubbies-bbc-return-touch-screens-stomachs and he said " Mate of mine used to work on this show; he said there were more drugs going around than backstage at a Motley Crue gig in 1986... I said ; yep, I have seen the show." Haha!

You know what Teletubbies needs?

A dark and gritty remake for the teens that grew up watching it.

sig-4151631.3.jpg

YES!!! That reminds me of a Project I spoke to my friend about. I wanted to make a Teletubbies Origin story called ''Teletroopers'', which was like Halo Reach, but it never came to mind. Thanks DHX.