Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Does Big Mac have a feminine side?

gyashaa

• Cross-dressed without being bothered by it
  • Became a princess
  • Plays with dolls
  • Painted himself up as Applejack and pretended to be her r63 in magic duel

Nope, he's the manliest pony around.

• Brohoof 1

If you had asked me before his reveal as Princess Big Mac, I would have said "no" to him wanting to be a mare. The Smarty Pants thing was just the show portraying him as a brony - a stallion who happened to like a toy line that features female characters.

With Princess Big Mac, I began to wonder and had to admit it was a possibility...

But with this new episode, it's clear now he only wanted to be a princess because they are the role models - the heroes - of Equestrian society. He was hurting deeply that his littlest sister no longer looked at him that way since his other sister was outshining him in almost every aspect.

He doesn't want to be a mare.

• Brohoof 1

If you had asked me before his reveal as Princess Big Mac, I would have said "no" to him wanting to be a mare. The Smarty Pants thing was just the show portraying him as a brony - a stallion who happened to like a toy line that features female characters.

With Princess Big Mac, I began to wonder and had to admit it was a possibility...

But with this new episode, it's clear now he only wanted to be a princess because they are the role models - the heroes - of Equestrian society. He was hurting deeply that his littlest sister no longer looked at him that way since his other sister was outshining him in almost every aspect.

He doesn't want to be a mare.

Hmm. That's a great way of looking at it. Brohoof. ^^

To say that Big Mac is transgender just because of his personality quirks and feminine interests is like saying bronies must be female to fully enjoy MLP:FiM just because it's advertised as a show for girls. Not every effeminate man wants to be female.

You're comparing real life with a cartoon? Cartoons show the most obvious things with hardly a break in character. What you see in cartoons is what you get. In real life it's much more different.

I wouldn't so much as place the princess thing as particularly "feminine" as much as it relates to how Big Mac is portrayed in "Brotherhooves Social" in another way: a sort of inferiority complex. He pretty much admitted he's tired of living in Applejack's shadow, especially mentioning how Applejack gets to go all over Equestria, solving problems and saving the world, while he's just a laborer, despite both of them having had a similar upbringing. I'm sure Big Mac just saw "princess" as the highest title in Equestria (without any of the gender implications) and had that in his dream purely because it's the only way he'll ever consider himself as awesome as or more awesome than Applejack (before "Brotherhooves"). It's a quiet, secret sibling rivalry, and his way of manifesting it was interesting to say the least.

As for everything else, let the pony like what he likes. We're judging a guy based on what he likes. Does that sound the slightest bit familiar, bronies?

Edited by 13M0N-2E57 (WC)
  • Brohoof 1

It is well known that a lot of shy people open up more in disguise.  Look at ventriloquists, the dummy is often their outlet for their Inner Jerk.  It could be that is what is going on here.  Plus, cross dressing is a well known comedy standard.  Look at Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie or Robin Williams in Mrs. Doubtfire.

That being said, you've got to ask "If he's straight, where did he get that dress?"

It is well known that a lot of shy people open up more in disguise. Look at ventriloquists, the dummy is often their outlet for their Inner Jerk. It could be that is what is going on here. Plus, cross dressing is a well known comedy standard. Look at Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie or Robin Williams in Mrs. Doubtfire.

That being said, you've got to ask "If he's straight, where did he get that dress?"

I don't think Big Mac is shy, just a stallion of few words (usually). He's a regular member of A singing group (wish they showed that more) that Flutterguy had to stand in for.

Btw crossdressing doesn't indicate orientation at all! Straight folk can be crossdressers, and trans/gay folk can be completely aghast at the idea of doing it. On that topic too, effeminacy doesn't necessarily indicate orientation either.

Edited by manic

I've can't picture Big Mac having a feminine side aha

Just the idea of it is ridiculous xD

And I'm not entirely sure that all Alicorns are Princesses...like...a prince could be an Alicorn..maybe...I don't even know.... -_-