Jeric

S05:E18 - Crusaders of the Lost Mark  

453 users have voted

1. 1. Sooo .... thoughts?

• No, I hated it! >:
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • Omygosh ... That. Was. Amazing!!! Loved it!

They put it off as long as they could but this big milestone has finally been achieved. 

I've long speculated that the CMC's getting their cutie marks would involve three things...

1.  A Diamond Tiara face turn.  She's just a kid...you knew should wasn't really bad. 

2.  The CMC's shifting their focus from themselves to helping others find their marks and purpose in life.

3.  That it would somehow include construction.  This is something these three diverse fillies have shown an uncanny knack for since the beginning.  But if they built anything since that float in the Babs Seed episode, I've missed it. 

As Meatloaf said, two out of three ain't bad.  :)

As to the marks themselves, well, what's done is done.  While a common thread to all three of them was to be expected, they look TOO much alike in my opinion.  But this minor quibble aside, I'm happy the long wait is finally over.  On the other hand, I liked the way they played it toward the end that they wouldn't get their marks after all then all of a sudden...fooled ya!  :comeatus:

Mind.exe has stopped working. Would you like to send an error report?

What I liked:

CMC: HOLY SHIT CMC CUTIE MARKS!!!! I could just end this here but they were really good and helping others seems like a good fit for them.

Diamond Tiara: Okay nice to see her finally get some development and it was nice though the reformation did seem a little rushed

Silver Spoon: Get Rekt DT!

What I didn't like:

Diamond Tiara's mom: What a bitch!

What was meh:

The Songs: Not that any of them were bad, but they all seemed to be the same song, like there was very little distinction between them, at least compared to the other musical episodes

So yeah not too much to this but it plays itself extremely well! Damn it AKR why did you have to leave!?!

CMC CUTIE MARKS OMGWTFAJHSGVDJHVBKFBS...I wonder what will happen when Babs Seed returns to Ponyville....probably not much.

All in all, a great episode. I will admit that I wasn't giving DT enough credit for most of the episode. Election? "She's going to win with slick campaigning, some of which will likely violate established electoral conventions." Lose the election? "She and Silver Spoon will just stuff the ballots, and if that fails, just wait for the perfect moment to bring Pipsqueak down in a recall election." Five years of DT's behavior lent itself to those kinds of thoughts...boy do I feel silly. Also, I had a lot of nitpicks:

Also, this has nothing to really do with anything, but Equestrian school boards are now canon! Yes yes yes, my headcanon is confirmed! I always knew there was more to Ponyville's public education than just "one-room schoolhouse in the middle of tiny rural town". It's a nice little bit of world building in my opinion.

But yeah, good character development for Silver Spoon (the culmination of the thawing that began at the end of Family Appreciation Day,) and great character development for Diamond Tiara and the CMC. It took a lot of courage to help someone who's been nothing but a bully to you for years.

Great way to celebrate five years of FiM! Well, back to my roleplays.

Yup, I felt the same once I saw Diamond Tiara enter the episode  :lie:

*sees Diamond Tiara enter*

TIME TO PUT MY BISH GLASSES ON

*after hearing her solo and bishy mother*

WHYYYYYYYY FEEELLLLLLSSSSSSS *takes off bishy glasses and grabs tissues*

I rate this:

trying not to feel liquid pride / 10

it's going to be so damn hard to lose AKR after this season. What a magnificent episode. This is why MLP has a fandom. This is why MLP deserves recognition. They handled the marks perfectly. After all they've done and discovered about themselves, what better a test than to teach DIAMOND TIARA what her cutie mark really means? If this episode had ended simply with a reformed DT, it would have been a bust, but that reformation was justified by the marks.Truly amazing episode.

• Brohoof 4

When I first heard the synopsis of the episode I thought it was going to be just another Diamond Tiara being a bully episode and it did fit that at first but then they had to go and surprise us with Silver Spoon getting fed up, Diamond Tiara finally getting the courage to change and stand up to her mother, and the CMC all getting their cutie marks. 

All I can say is that I was fine with the episode once I got accustomed to their new cutie marks. The episode felt a little rushed however. Although, the songs were great. Diamond Tiara's redemption seemed a little too fast. Plus, when the CMC got their cutie marks, there was a little magical thingy that happened to them. They might be important somehow.

Guardians of the Galaxy? No, Guardians of the Cutie Marks.

I agree that this episode did seem a bit rushed, but for some reason, I feel that didn't bring down the quality of the episode much. It almost felt like a redo of Magical Mystery Cure. It was fast, had lots of music, and had a huge show changing event at the end. Also, the magic way they got their cutie marks was interesting. It makes me wonder if they'll get a more prominent roll next season.

That episode caught me completely off guard!

Well, I've gotta say that was epic!

The episode started pretty normal,

but towards the end it started to communicate it's message,

mainly at that part when Diamond Tiara was about to get mean again,

The CMC were there to remind her that she could do something good for herself and others,

and it resulted in her confromting her mom and she did like a rational person,

and it resulted in her developping her caracter for the best! And it was also the case for CMC!

And they did not miss on any details! Good job Amy Keating Rogers on writing this masterpiece of an ending!

I also loved the burns! Mainly from Silver Spoon to Diamond Tiara! When I heard them,  I was all like "BURRN!" :angry: lel

Aside from this huge sucess, there are things who did not got me, like the huge quantity of song IMO (not a fan of MLP  songsTBH), but gotta say they fitted with the situations.

And D.T.'s mom, I hated her ways with her daughter.

But they were just minor compared to the feelsy ending!

What a way to end an era of ponies and to start another one!

TL;DR One of the best MLP episodes ever with an awesome ending that is worth a million feels!

Rating: 9.7/10

• Brohoof 2

-Oh what an episode! What a lovely episode! (Kreygasm, PogChamp)

-I turned off Dota 2 Frankfurt Major Qualifier for this and I have no regrets (EleGiggle, Kappa)

-I was wrong. They totally went the Pacifica road with Damond Tiara. I like to be wrong about such things.

GG NO RE

And the CMC (any ideas on a new name for them?) are now obsolete. As for "helping others understand their cutie marks" uh.....that's not gonna fly. A pony gets their cutie mark after they discover their special talent and accept it. If they found that special talent already, figuring out what it means should be a no-brainer.

I actually think, that i can't make an unbias critique about this episode, because this was such a huge milestone and especially on a day like this. We waited 5 years, for this huge milestone and for 5 years, we expected this moment to happen. The CMC have their cutie marks and it's really all i expected and more. Seriously one of the highlights of the series.

The rest of the episode was also great. I love musicals and i had no problems with the episode being a musical and the songs themselves where also great. It was also important to be a musical, because most musicals have a big time feel to them and this was a big time moment.

Diamond Tiara being reformed was nice. I think she needed this moment with the vote, where she just falls flat on her face to realize what a bad pony she actually is.

Anyway, amazing episode. 10/10. One of my all time favs now.

P.S. "If mom and dad where here..." OH THE FEELS.

• Brohoof 9

Man, my mind is not in any state to give a legitimate critique of this episode in any way, shape, or form. 

In every conceivable way, this is Magical Mystery Cure for the CMC. 

I am just so utterly mind-blown, so overwhelmed with emotion. If the season had ended right here, I'd be just fine with that. 

• Brohoof 7

so my wonderful community how do you feel about this episode for Diamond Tiara needs help from the Cutie Mark Crusaders because she has a problem how do you feel about that knowing that she's one of the worst characters in the show next to her friend silver spoon

I think the best thing about this episode for me is how far it went beyond my expectations. At first I thought it would be your typical run for class president episode. But thry finished that quickly. Then I got excited when it turned out to be a Diamond Tiara reform episode. They could've ended it with her being reformed

And it still would've probably got a best season 5 episode ranking for me. But then they went the extra extra mile and gave the cmc their cutie marks, landing this episode in my top 5 favorite episodes of the show.

• Brohoof 6