Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is the show going to wrap itself up now?

Mesme Rize

You make a good point. I can see why you say that and if it ends, it ends. They did say until 2019. Now how I see it is, then end of a "chapter." As in at the end of season 6 or even the 2017 movie, Celestia and Luna will retire (not die) and hand the throne to Twilight and I also think Starlight Glimmer will be a Mane 7 character which leads to her becoming a princess down the road. I also think Trixie and Sunset could too since they have a good amount of magic. We'll see. The others fulfill their dreams but stay close friends with Twilight. Then G5 rolls around in like 2020 or so and the "New" Mane Six involve Applebloom, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and Babs Seed. Of course they are now a bit older. With Equestria Girls, you can make a series with that, bring in the Shadow 5, etc. Now, I don't know if Sunset Shimmer stays in the human world or goes back or just visits. We'll have to see, but I think in some way, G4 continues with EQG. Also, the MLP universe is wide open now. You could make so many side series and mini series off of so many pony and human things. Maybe a Dazzlings Show, maybe a Shadow 5 Show, or Wonderbolts, Crystal Empire, Celestia Luna, etc etc etc. Either on TV or online. Of course this means bringing in new people to help, expanding the help there at Hasbro Studios. You can't predict the future, if it ends, I will remain a brony and continue to support MLP in anyway. I love this show, I love EQG, I love Pony, I love going to cons and I don't want to stop that. But in the meantime, I will continue watching the new episodes as I always do :)

In anyhow, I don't see the show ending because of popularity. If it does, it'll continue off this generation.

Edited by Sonicrules831
  • Brohoof 1

Yea you could be right. With the new royal baby and the CMC getting their cutie marks...seems like things are reaching an inevitable end. The feature film in 2017 would be the perfect way to end FiM once and for all. I think once Twilight has spread her friendship all over the map, the series will end. So far they have visited 3 places. There can't be much more content than the rest of this season and the whole of next season to go to finish the map. 

• Brohoof 1

Thinking about it...
While they're not increasing massively, the FIM sales for the year have grown. If FIM continues to grow and avoids dropping in s6, it would seem unlikely for Hasbro to want to kill the series until it started to actually drop in sales.

• Brohoof 2

To be honest I really don't know what Hasbro's plans are. I mean episode 100 was THEIR idea. M.A. Larson thought it was going to be a big FAIL. (I don't blame him after how riled up the Season 3 Finale got the fandom. :lol: )

Hasbro seems to have loosened up the leash on the writers this season. There is still so much they can do with the show. I don't see why they would invest in the movie just to wrap up everything a year later.

All in all it's hard to say how much longer there really is.

When It does end I don't think they will be able to re-create what happened with MLP:FIM. It was just the right people in the right places at the right time- although I wish things would've worked out better for Lauren.

To be honest I really don't know what Hasbro's plans are. I mean episode 100 was THEIR idea. M.A. Larson thought it was going to be a big FAIL. (I don't blame him after how riled up the Season 3 Finale got the fandom. :lol: )

Well, there are drastically differences between the hundredth episode and the S3 finale.

The hundredth episode is goofy and ultimately harmless, while the S3 episode altered the status quo in a way that many fans considered sacred (and keep in mind, anti-twilight sentiment had been practically frothing since S3 began with the crystal empire).

People who dislike the hundredth episode can ignore it pretty easily as it has no real bearing on the show and doesn't change much. The S3 finale, there's no ignoring those events as they were what much of S4 revolved around, meta-plot wise, and still effects the plot in S5.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

Really can't use the story as much of an indicator of when it's going to end. The S4 story arc was originally concieved as a wrap up, with Twilight becoming a princess as an ending. However when you have a show that's directly linked to merchandise, it's not good business to end it while people are still watching and buying under the current format

What is good business is leading people to believe the end is not far off, so they keep buying "while they still can" End of show development means end of new official product lines from that generation. CMCs have their cutie marks, now they can sell CMC toys with new cutie marks instead of blank flanks. Rainbow Dash in wonderbolt uniform - now official, canterlot botique - new toy to replace the carousel, etc etc. Why end something that's still generating good income and take the unnecesary risk of a completely new generation and a possible switch of fan base, it's not the type of show that would wrap up the story for artistic purposes...

Edited by BPCannon
  • Brohoof 1

The CMC getting their cutie marks is really what makes me think the show is going to end soon. Before that, I thought a 7th season was still possible, but now I don't think it is anymore...

There is only one solution to this problem....

sig-4177445.keep-calm-and-buy-our-toys-4

I doubt that will do much. Hasbro may choose to end G4 in order to appeal to a newer generation of kids. Plus by 2018 G4 will have lasted a similar amount of time to G3 so it also increases the possibility of the series ending around that time.