Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is the show going to wrap itself up now?

Mesme Rize

Wow, I didn't notice that.

I just wonder what'll happen to the fandom after it ends, will it break up and you'll only ever see a few Bronies on the outskirts of the Internet (If at all)?....

e.e

• Brohoof 1

Every generation that had a TV series, except 4, which hasn't ended yet, had a .5 of that generation. 

1.5 (Pony Tales. Often confused for generation 2) 

3.5 (Sorry for mentioning it) 

So maybe there will be a generation 4.5. Who knows? 

• Brohoof 1

Every generation that had a TV series, except 4, which hasn't ended yet, had a .5 of that generation. 

1.5 (Pony Tales. Often confused for generation 2) 

3.5 (Sorry for mentioning it) 

So maybe there will be a generation 4.5. Who knows? 

Equestria girls could be seen as 4.5

You know the saying, "All good things must come to an end?" Well, I don't think this show is an exception.

I think it would be good for FiM to wrap up after season 6 and the 2017 feature film. As OP indicated, there are signs that much of the current staff are moving on to other companies or higher positions within Hasbro itself. With story arcs being wrapped up, and there still being plenty of time to bring the series to an amazing close (the feature film isn't for another two years, after all). Besides, even after the show ends, there's still a huge fanbase that's churning out fanfics, fan episodes, conventions, and more. The spirit of Friendship is Magic doesn't have to die when the show does.

Just whatever happens, don't pull a Spongebob and "revive" FiM after the movie.

Edited by skbl17
  • Brohoof 5

Just whatever happens, don't pull a Spongebob and "revive" FiM after the movie.

I personally hope that we'll get the transformers treatment instead. A new FIM reboot instead of a new generation, reinventing the themes and characters of the show, but still staying true to the mane dynamic (the mane six, the princesses, the EOH, ect.) in the same way transformers still is about the autobot/decepticon civil war and optimus/megatron/starscream/ect.

• Brohoof 1

I know that MLP is supposed to go on to 9 seasons (right?), but it's not over yet. There's still plenty left to do in Equestria, and I feel like eventually Sunset Shimmer will make her way back to Equestria. We still have another EqG movie too (probably a few more after that!)

I personally hope that we'll get the transformers treatment instead. A new FIM reboot instead of a new generation, reinventing the themes and characters of the show, but still staying true to the mane dynamic (the mane six, the princesses, the EOH, ect.) in the same way transformers still is about the autobot/decepticon civil war and optimus/megatron/starscream/ect.

I'd be down for that although with each variation of Transformers there has been different variations to the main cast and I don't think MLP will be an exception to that rule.

I know that MLP is supposed to go on to 9 seasons (right?), but it's not over yet. There's still plenty left to do in Equestria, and I feel like eventually Sunset Shimmer will make her way back to Equestria. We still have another EqG movie too (probably a few more after that!)

I don't know where you got the 9 seasons part; about 2 years ago they said they intended to support the brand for at least 5 more years, but that only means toys not more episodes, and that would sync up with season 6 and the movie, with about a year left after the movie for toy sales before they move on.

1444539954194.png

I just wonder what'll happen to the fandom after it ends, will it break up and you'll only ever see a few Bronies on the outskirts of the Internet (If at all)?....

I highly doubt that.  Because:

Besides, even after the show ends, there's still a huge fanbase that's churning out fanfics, fan episodes, conventions, and more. The spirit of Friendship is Magic doesn't have to die when the show does.

Indeed.  Bronies are pretty much like Trekkies, Whovians and whatever the Star Wars crowd are calling themselves these days.  We'll never truly disappear and be talking about the series and producing artwork, music, etc. long after the last episode has aired.  

And when G5 rolls out, the critics will show up in force to gripe with new fans about how the next generation is crap compared to the Mane 6 and how much it was better in the good ol' days when Friendship Was Magic.

• Brohoof 2

Looks to me that they are trying to tie up loose ends, CMC getting thier cutie marks, Sunset Shimmer was originally supposed to feel like she wants to go back to Equestria but they scraped the storyboard so now she is comfortable there especially balancing the missing Twilight in EG world, Twilight having her castle, Discord is in good affairs. But hey this is just my opinion maybe they might contiue it longer, but I hope so because I dont want the series to be ending soon. D:

• Brohoof 2

We can't MLP go, but it will become stretched itself. Also Hasbro won't just drop MLP like -snap- that

And it isn't entirely unreasonable to believe that they can still come up with decent episode ideas until at least 2019.

• Brohoof 1

And it isn't entirely unreasonable to believe that they can still come up with decent episode ideas until at least 2019.

Given how the majority of the show is slice of life, there's lots of plot ideas or goals for characters that fans constantly clamor for, and they've barely touched on the map, I think it'd be pretty easy IMO XD

The question is if the staff would want to do that though.

I can see the 2017 movie being the end of FiM. The franchise will continue though, as its been around since 1984, and perhaps future generations of MLP will learn from the success Friendship is Magic. I think it's a good spot to end the series too after 6 seasons, a comic series, 4 EqG movies, a full-length MLP movie, and all the fanworks and conventions and the like. If it goes on for so long it loses its luster, and ends up like The Simpsons, or Spongebob, or Pokemon, or many other cartoons that went on air way past their prime and got steadily worse. So if the end of the show is soon to come, i'd say it's a perfect time to do so. I think it will make the series more special.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I definitely feel that FiM is coming to an end soon. This is for the best. Seasonal rot is an ugly thing that has given a negative reputation to shows that have otherwise started out quite fantastic. 

At least we have a whole nother season and a movie to look forward to. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't think so, if they wrap up something, something else will show in need of some wrapping  :P . But yeah, some things are close of being fulfilled, but we'll see what  else they make. At this rate, we'll see a timeskip with teen CMCs at least  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Alot can happen in one season, we still have the rest of season 5 and season 6 to go. I doubt that they would end it at season 7, it would be sad if they did though...but..actually...that's like...after next year...so yea still a long way to go.

If the choice is between a graceful exit or just churning out episodes for the heck of it, of course we should vote for the former.  I've seen too many programs go on many seasons past their "sell by" date and the results aren't pretty.  Big Bang Theory, for instance, is right that that juncture now.  With Leonard and Penny married, this should be that show's final season. 

If any program goes on long enough, no matter how good it was in its prime, it'll start to look like Ric Flair trying to wrestle in his 60s.  I miss the old Jump the Shark website which had viewer supplied chronicles of almost every TV show's eventual decline.  TV Guide promptly took it down right after they purchased it.  :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 2

If the choice is between a graceful exit or just churning out episodes for the heck of it, of course we should vote for the former.  I've seen too many programs go on many seasons past their "sell by" date and the results aren't pretty.  Big Bang Theory, for instance, is right that that juncture now.  With Leonard and Penny married, this should be that show's final season. 

If any program goes on long enough, no matter how good it was in its prime, it'll start to look like Ric Flair trying to wrestle in his 60s.  I miss the old Jump the Shark website which had viewer supplied chronicles of almost every TV show's eventual decline.  TV Guide promptly took it down right after they purchased it.  :okiedokielokie:

Flair can always still be a manager and mic-worker.

But it's safe to say his physical work is pretty much concluded.

• Brohoof 2

Flair can always still be a manager and mic-worker.

But it's safe to say his physical work is pretty much concluded.

Agreed.  WWE tried their best to convince him it was time with the big send off they gave him in 2008.  Not being in his shoes I can't understand why his urge to wrestle is still so strong.   As you said, he'd be fine with managerial work and speaking appearances.  He can't retire altogether because he's millions in debt. Flair is still prone to poor personal decisions as he had yet another marriage blow up recently and he owes even more for that.  All I can do is pray for the guy at this point.  Troubles aside, he's still one of my all time favorites. 

We now resume our regularly scheduled thread already in progress.  :)

After reading I have become quite convinced that the movie will end FIM. Although I think if the movie is a christmas release they could squeeze a season 7 in before calling it quits on the TV series. And I think it's possible that the EG movies could fill up the gap for 2018 and 2019. Although after I'm pretty sure both EG and MLP will be rebooted again. 

After reading I have become quite convinced that the movie will end FIM. Although I think if the movie is a christmas release they could squeeze a season 7 in before calling it quits on the TV series. And I think it's possible that the EG movies could fill up the gap for 2018 and 2019. Although after I'm pretty sure both EG and MLP will be rebooted again. 

What would G5!EQG look like?

This?: