Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is the show going to wrap itself up now?

Mesme Rize

No, I don't think so. It's merely the beginning of a new chapter in their lives, they pretty much say exactly that in the final song, and the voice actors have confirmed they will still have large roles in the show. 

• Brohoof 1

No, I don't think so. It's merely the beginning of a new chapter in their lives, they pretty much say exactly that in the final song, and the voice actors have confirmed they will still have large roles in the show. 

Wait, who's gonna have large roles in the show again? Who are we talking about?

What would G5!EQG look like?

This?:

To be honest, I feel getting an actual japanese animation studio to do MLP or EQG in full anime style would work. The ending credits of RR used kind of a more animeish bent, and it looked really nice IMO.

FIM and EQG already have alot of things in common with anime styles due to the extremely large and expressive eyes the characters have.

I must admit, it deeply saddens me to internalize that this is going to end in the near future. This show and its fandom gave me so much in so little time that I just can't conceive its impending end.

just cause the cmc got their marks doesn't mean it is really the end. they even said it in their song they could still explore a lot more about the ponies. i mean we barely know about scootaloo's parents or anything about her past.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, since I've always viewed the CMC episodes as a pox on the show (Being incredibly surprised when they HAVEN'T sucked, like Sleepless in ponyville or today's episode), the CMC having their episode counts throttled doesn't bother me at all XD

So long as we keep getting good mane six episodes (who I actually care about) and more adventure, I'll be fine. (Of course, one of my favorite aspects of the adventures in the show, the EOH are gone now, and I really miss them)

just cause the cmc got their marks doesn't mean it is really the end. they even said it in their song they could still explore a lot more about the ponies. i mean we barely know about scootaloo's parents or anything about her past.

The thing is, there will never be a way, to close all the loose ends. The main things the series needs to wrap up, are the CMCs cutie Marks (which happend) and the Mane 6's destinys (which partially happend)

They are the main characters after all.

The 2017 movie is not to say goodbye to us. It is to expand on the viewers. There are already 12 million bronies, but this is limited given the quality of the show. Hasbro knows this and want to expand the viewership (and profits).

• Brohoof 1

The 2017 movie is not to say goodbye to us. It is to expand on the viewers. There are already 12 million bronies, but this is limited given the quality of the show. Hasbro knows this and want to expand the viewership (and profits).

But if you don't have anywhere to go with these characters, what shall you do?

If they use the background all of a sudden, i would consider this milking the franchise, for all it's worth, because they are not main characters.

They should finish this series and then prepare a few years to make a new series, with completly new and original characters.

still it isn't truly the end of the show. who knows the hasbro company may change their minds and give us more of MLP:FIM.

i mean after all a lot companies have done the same which i mean they changed their minds of cancelling shows and giving us more seasons. to make my point family guy cancelled twice but came back.

south park cancelled once or twice came back with more seasons.

and i know we aren't talking about MLP being cancelled just ending. but a lot of other gens of MLP ended only for spin offs or new gens to take over its place if it won't be MLP FIM it will be it spin off movies as its own show to take its place or even the cmc having there own story of which i mean watching them grow up and maybe become new bearers of Elements of Harmony or something similar to it. i am just saying there is so much Hasbro could do with MLP.

Edited by alicornbeatles
  • Brohoof 1

CMC getting their marks, Rarity opening a boutique, Dash becoming a Wonderbolt, etc. doesn't mean the end of the show. It can just mean it will go in a different direction. Surely, all of those mean an end of an arc in the series, but it opens up a whole lot of opportunities as well.

If Hasbro wants to end the series it will. But we can't be sure either way until it is announced.

• Brohoof 1

CMC getting their marks, Rarity opening a boutique, Dash becoming a Wonderbolt, etc. doesn't mean the end of the show. It can just mean it will go in a different direction. Surely, all of those mean an end of an arc in the series, but it opens up a whole lot of opportunities as well.

If Hasbro wants to end the series it will. But we can't be sure either way until it is announced.

that is what i was trying to say. even the creator of the MLP FIM series said she wanted these events for her story. it isnt the end they could still expand on their stories by following their arcs they may not be the same arcs as they have the main part of their story arc resolued but it isn't truly the end. thus why they sung it in the cmc's song.

I gotta wonder. If they were to introduce the mane six *gaining* new goals in life in future seasons, would fans be upset? Like we've had all these pre-established dreams of the mane six from when they were kids, would fans find it to be out or character or a cop out for the mane six to suddenly start gaining new goals or dreams in life they wanted to accomplish as well?

I gotta wonder. If they were to introduce the mane six *gaining* new goals in life in future seasons, would fans be upset? Like we've had all these pre-established dreams of the mane six from when they were kids, would fans find it to be out or character or a cop out for the mane six to suddenly start gaining new goals or dreams in life they wanted to accomplish as well?

maybe but i am not going to be upset about them having new dreams. i will enjoy anything the show will do with the mane 6 or others.

To be honest, I don't think Hasbro is going to  let go of MLP to quickly when it comes to the TV show. Unlike all of their other shows which have ended, MLP is still going strong after five years and is still pulling in amazing number considering its not on a major network channel. I think until we get some news about the movie we really can't count on S6 being the last one, since the movie honestly could be used as a catalyst to user in season 7 to 9.

Personally if I was Hasbro, using the movie like this would be the smartest thing they could do since it makes for a perfect three year arc for the characters since we already know that seasons 1 to 3 is one year in the pony world, so the end of season 6 will mark the end of the second year with the girls. If we were to have three more seasons focusing on some major stuff, new characters all leading up to some major climatic ending (second movie) in 2019, it would allow Hasbro the time and the smarts to start G5 on the 10th anniversary of G4, which marketing wise would be genius. 

Now if they don't and S6 is the last with a movie to tie up everything, it won't be a huge issue since most likely in 2018 we would have a new MLP show. Hasbro isn't going to let their IP stay still for very long since they know so long as they keep the basic formula the same and get someone with a half a brain to run the new show, G5 should work out rather well. 

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, I don't think Hasbro is going to  let go of MLP to quickly when it comes to the TV show. Unlike all of their other shows which have ended, MLP is still going strong after five years and is still pulling in amazing number considering its not on a major network channel. I think until we get some news about the movie we really can't count on S6 being the last one, since the movie honestly could be used as a catalyst to user in season 7 to 9.

Personally if I was Hasbro, using the movie like this would be the smartest thing they could do since it makes for a perfect three year arc for the characters since we already know that seasons 1 to 3 is one year in the pony world, so the end of season 6 will mark the end of the second year with the girls. If we were to have three more seasons focusing on some major stuff, new characters all leading up to some major climatic ending (second movie) in 2019, it would allow Hasbro the time and the smarts to start G5 on the 10th anniversary of G4, which marketing wise would be genius. 

Now if they don't and S6 is the last with a movie to tie up everything, it won't be a huge issue since most likely in 2018 we would have a new MLP show. Hasbro isn't going to let their IP stay still for very long since they know so long as they keep the basic formula the same and get someone with a half a brain to run the new show, G5 should work out rather well. 

that is what i was thinking and trying to say. i mean a lot of other companies have done the same

I'm not seeing so much as an end to FiM, but maybe something along the lines of what Marvel has planned for the MCU Phase 3.

Essentially the idea is that the remaining arcs will be resolved by the end and the character's will be switched out with a new roster of protagonists.

This way the past generation will have finally concluded but Hasbro will be able to keep the show alive by drawing in new viewers with a somewhat clean slate (Though I wouldnt be surprised if the old characters made cameos). Whether its formulas or feel will be the same is up in the air.

Tying loose ends may mean opening up new opportunities in the long run. The show might be wrapping up but there is still another season to go so I think talks of wrapping things up may be premature, but it is a possibility. Some doors may be shut but others will open, and I would Princess Twilight and The Cutie Mark Crusaders will be prime examples of this concept.

People have been saying the end of the show is nigh for years now so I am going to remain skeptical on the matter, but has plans for Season 3 not changed than the show would have ended without addressing a lot of things, so I am not inclined to think wrapping things up means ending the show. I do think the show is likely to end once it is no longer financially viable.

It might be it might not be, making any assumptions on things like this is hasty In fact I would bet that Hasbro themselves have no decided how long they want G4 to continue to go, I think it depends more on future toy sales than anything else. If the movie does really well too, I doubt they'll want to end it there if it brings in new people. 

As for long running threads, yes it's true some are being wrapped up, but wrapping up one thread just allows for new ones to be explored, which Crusaders of the Lost Mark in fact set up. and obviously you can't keep them going forever. So while it might mean the show is wrapping itself up it doesn't really have to mean it ether. 

Really this sort of speculation is fairly pointless because you can draw any conclusion you damn well want from all of this stuff.

It might be it might not be, making any assumptions on things like this is hasty In fact I would bet that Hasbro themselves have no decided how long they want G4 to continue to go, I think it depends more on future toy sales than anything else. If the movie does really well too, I doubt they'll want to end it there if it brings in new people. 

As for long running threads, yes it's true some are being wrapped up, but wrapping up one thread just allows for new ones to be explored, which Crusaders of the Lost Mark in fact set up. and obviously you can't keep them going forever. So while it might mean the show is wrapping itself up it doesn't really have to mean it ether. 

Really this sort of speculation is fairly pointless because you can draw any conclusion you damn well want from all of this stuff.

The thing is, you can never tie up all the loose ends, so it's important to tie up the most important ends, which is that of the main characters and leave the rest open to interpretation. And yes, new doors could open, but even if you close them, more will open and it will go on and on. Basically, you could keep the show running for all eternity, but seeing the same characters will become boring after awhile, the VAs become older (how long can you make the kid VAs sound believable?) And writers change quickly (Rogers is leaving us after S5.)

I am not saying doom and gloom, i am just realistic.