Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc University of Canterlot: OOC [Full]

Stardust*

(edited)

Okay! I have the schedule! 

This day is going to be concluded soon as I finish this post. We will all go to a quick dinner where there will be a quick announcement by Headmaster Greyhoof. Then the students and the staff will retire to their sleeping quarters. Please make the posts quick and to the point for this, say your goodbyes to your friends and part ways so we can begin fresh for the next day. 

Okay, so there are 6 classes, I want there to only be three classes a day.

So it will look like this. 

Breakfast

Ancient Artifacts class with Professor Turner

Defense class with Emerald Bolt

Lunch

Magic with Professor Mirror

Dinner

The next day will look like this.

Breakfast

Mystical Creatures with Professor Autumn

English/Literature with Professor Dangles

Lunch

Medical Studies with Professor Feeder and his helper Madness

Dinner

The days will alternate between these classes. 

I would like it if all the professors could agree to this, or if they have any concerns please bring them to my attention. 

@@Guirdann, @, @@Script Dangles, @@reader8363, If you all could please let me know if this works for you. 

Also, I know that some of us play more than one character, it is getting a bit confusing when they are interacting with another character that you might play. Please try to keep them separated. 

An example would be for reader8363, if you are going to have madness do all of the gross stuff in the medical classroom then I would like it if Feeder wouldn't be there as well. Have Feeder excuse himself so that there is only one pony at a time. 

I know that there will be times when this is unavoidable but let's all do our best to keep our characters separated. 

Let me know if there are any questions or concerns. 

​Thank you all for being so patient with me!

Edited by Stardust*
  • Brohoof 1

@@Stardust*,

Can I put a piano in the dining hall if there isn't one there already?

The dining hall has enchanted music, but I guess there could be a small one in the corner.

@@Stardust*

A ok with me mate although I'm gonna have to give some thought to self defense hmm...

Honestly I have been thinking of it and, what if it's kinda like the defense against the dark arts class in Harry Potter. Like mixing it in with actual defense moves but spells or something at the same time. Possibly? Just a thought, up to you though. :)

Hey i was thinking, are there school uniforms or something? The houses are really mixed right now (not that im complaining) and its hard to tell from which house somepony is. but i think that having different uniforms for the different houses would sepperate them a little bit more, and i think it would look cute ;)

• Brohoof 1

What about the saddle bags? Every student needs to have them. They could be the colors. :)

And if we are trying to keep things straight in the RP we could have only Changling use green text for their speaking parts. Crystal use only pink and Alicorn use only the dark read?

The professors can come up with their own colors. And Headmaster Greyhoof is always the dark orange. I would have made it grey but it's hard to see with the light grey and looks like regular text with the dark grey lol. Maybe I can find a happy medium once I'm not on my mobile. Lol

• Brohoof 1

Yo sorry for not posting in a few days, I plan on having something today but it might not be til later because the imagery, subject matter, and language synergize strangely.

Heads up though it's going to be written in Middle English, and hopefully every post from now on will be that way b/c that's how I imagined Andante from day 1.

Cliff notes for post #318

Hamlet and J. Alfred Prufrock are notorious for their indecisiveness, Andante chose to be assertive.

A-lan' means 'along' and spelled out fully is A-lang

A-recche means 'to speak' properly spelled a-recchen

Bi-sette means 'to set'

Atlien means 'to go, to direct one's way'

T.S. Elliot's The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock is again alluded to with Poseidon's hall

Terrace has multiple meanings, first used as an elevated surface typically next to water, and second as a musical term where the beginning of one phase starts on a note higher than the note that ended on the phase before.

"The Blues" and "The Rose" refer to Picasso's Blue and Rose periods of painting. The Misfit Family refers to Picasso's Rose Period painting "Family of Saltimbanques"

The girl referenced to throughout the rest of the post is the girl isolated in the lower right corner, and her low status mentioned in the post plays on this.

loe'd means 'loved'

Hey guys, I think I'll be opting out of the RP... This seems like a good time seeing as the people I was Rp'ing with are with others at the moment~

I'm sorry. And possibly if I have more time, I could join up again. 

Sorry to see you go, but we will be here when you are ready to join us again. :)  

• Brohoof 1

Okay, so I have edited the first post. The first group of students are the ones that are activly participating. The second group are the ones who haven't posted for a while. I am keeping them there for now, but I will take them off if they do not start to participate soon. We all know why the Snowy Wolf is not replying, she will be back soon as she is done with boot camp and settled in her school. 

Please let me know if I need to make any other edits. 

As I stated in my last post, the dinner is over and we are moving onto the evening in the houses, if you would like to do a quick post to tell everyone in your house goodnight that will be fine. I will post again tonight for the "roll call" and then we will start the next day! :) 

I am really excited to be going with this new schedule. I really hope we can get some more teacher/student interaction and it will allow for the other teachers to get to know each other when they are not teaching. 

I do hope that everyone is still having fun with this, there will be some interesting stuff to happen in the near future. Some stuff that will really throw some of you for a loop, I am hoping that it will be fun and everyone will enjoy it. 

Thank you all for bearing with me and all of this. This is my very first RP that I am DMing and it is challenging but I am having a lot of fun! You guys are awesome! 

• Brohoof 3

I guess that everyone who eant to write about them going to bed have done that now. So can we get going with the next day? Just wanna know so i'm not forcing a continued story with my next post if we aren't ready fpr the next day.

We have a couple things planned. And Emerald Bold needs to post something that she has been planning. I will post for the next day once they are ready. Script and professor Turner are examining something that is very important to the story.