Troblems

228 users have voted

1. 1. Was it the best thing EVER?!

• Hated it!
    • Ehnope.
    • Meh.
    • It was enjoyable!
    • OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH!

This episode was awesome! I really like the part where pinkie fell apart (I don't quite know why) and when pinkie was getting progressively more and more anxious to finish the scavenger hunt.   

Pinkie Pie is my least favorite Mane 6, but her episodes are often really funny. Ok, sometimes, her reactions was a little bit exaggerated, but it was funny to see how hard it is for miss Pinkie Promise to hide a secret. XD

That Shinning and Cadance get a baby is not a big surprise for me because I seen some spoilers where this was hinted.

My favorite scene was btw. when Pinkie move synchro to the wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube mare. XD

And Finally, Fluttershy got some speaking lines. :yay:

Definitely a good episode. 

I've read all the comics that have been released and all the chapter books that have been released.

According to everything I've read so far Cadence was born and Alicorn. I may be wrong about that

Actually, the chapter book that featured Twilight "Crystal Heart Spell" revealed Cadence started out as a Pegasus, but gained an unicorn horn when she did something incredible! And that chapter book was written by the writer of this very episode! Celestia and Luna are natural born Alicorns; Twilight and Cadence became Alicorns through extraordinary events!
  • Brohoof 1

Actually, the chapter book that featured Twilight "Crystal Heart Spell" revealed Cadence started out as a Pegasus, but gained an unicorn horn when she did something incredible! And that chapter book was written by the writer of this very episode! Celestia and Luna are natural born Alicorns; Twilight and Cadence became Alicorns through extraordinary events!

I've read that, but I guess I forgot that detail being wrapped up in the story about Twilight. I'll have to reread it. So I wonder if their children would be one or the other to keep with the fact that she's a born Pegasus. I just remember reading a comic where Cadence was in high school and had her horn.

• Brohoof 2

liked how Cadence and Shining Armor are having a baby, but was upset about how Pinkie Pie was the one having trouble keeping the secret. In Green Isn't Your Color, Pinkie is the one making sure the secret is kept and has no problem keeping it, but here she's can't hold it in at all? .-. idk, maybe this was just bigger and better news so it had a different affect, but still.

I feel like they should of put more emphasis on the little traditional game Shining Armor and Twilight had on that detective hunt. I thought it was cute when Twilight started looking around for that book like an innocent filly at the end.

You know, this episode had a reference to the comics (to my favorite arc, no less), which makes me wanna see Shining Armor find out that Poindexter lives in Ponyville.

Wow, awesome episode. Best Pinkie episode ever! The humor was so off the wall funny and surprisingly mature for the series! (That ending iris!  :lol: )

Yay, Featherweight got a speaking role and even figured into the plot - he's still editor of the Foal Free Press, too.

Derpy daughter may be canon, as has already been mentioned in the topic!

Pinkie gets to go crazy twice in one season.  :blink:  :lol: Though this time for Pinkie was like "Green Isn't Your Color" was for Twi, except on steroids!

That scene of Shining geeking out over the room and his old toys - priceless! Never saw him that way, except in the comics, but now it's canon!

Hmm, now will the baby birth be the S6 opener, or S6 finale... (I'm not thinking it will be the S5 finale.)

So much more fun when an episode is flawless and I can gush over it, y'know?  :lol: Ahhh, the endorphins... :nom:

Concerning Green Isn't Your Color, this is like karmic payback. Notice how Rarity's big "FOREVER!" speech echoes what Pinkie said in that earlier episode? :blink:  :please:

Loved that cutaway gag bit with Shining Armor in the bedroom, especially when he discovers the burnt comicbook (and it was the Pony equivalent of the super-rare and super-expensive first comic of Superman, too! Spike's dead meat!).

Anyone have a link to the episode?

I watch them on Dailymotion. There's accounts with the whole show's run and they aren't taken down.

sig-4161608.full.gif

Right off the bat, this was one of my favorite scenes this season. :D

Anyway, i think this was an enjoyable episode. Not as good as some of the other episodes of this season, but it didn't needed to be.

I was glad that Pinkie Pie didn't spill the beans till the end, eventhough i expected it. It can be debated that it shouldn't have been such a problem for Pinkie, but that was some serious big news and i can understand her that she can't wait to see the big smile on Twis face, because she likes to see her friends smile from happiness.

Shining Armor, who is the most underrated character in the series, finally gets some character development. Just like Twi, he is a nerdy geek inside and i like that, that makes their connection very believable. And again, that scene with them both in the room was just adorable. :)

I think they won't make much with the baby (maybe an episode or two next season.) But that's to be seen.

All in all, enjoyable episode, with a cute brother and sister moment. :wub:

I'm saving that gif. That gif is EPIC!

I love how he's making actual horse noises in that scene.

Notice the ponified Archie & Jughead comic? Spike was also reading a copy in the begining of Made in Manehattan....

spikecomic_zps3rjeygqa.png

Anyone get a chuckle from Rainbow Dash's angry "I need a hay-burger....in my belly....RIGHT NOW!"? I did. The way she said it was great.

Honestly, I felt that this episode was done sloppily. This is the only episode of MLP where I consciously thought during the episode, "This must be a new writer." I looked it up and apparently this was the writer's (Gillian Berrow) first episode writing.

I felt like the dialogue was amateurish and way too on-the-nose, even for a show aimed at children. Stuff like Pinkie's flashback about her promise to Mr. Cake, Rarity's line about ponies who ruin surprises, all of Featherweight's and Mayor Mare's lines, the dialogue about baby carrots, etc. was way too circumstantial, specific, and out-of-place for the sake of trying to be funny, testing Pinkie's mettle, or alluding to Twilight's surprise at the end, and I just wasn't buying it.

That being said, I still very much enjoyed the episode, and there's definitely potential for this writer to improve.

I think the flashback with Pinkie was written that way to be funny. I doubt it actually went that way.

sig-4165475.2rpadrs.png

I loved this episode because it had many funny moments........plus Mayor Mare..

..and then the reaction of Shining Armor about the surprise made by Twilight is superb.

And what to say about the cute pic of the little Applejack?

sig-4165475.13ygh2b.png

Babyjack is the cutest little apple dumplin'. That said, shouldn't her baby eyes be like big green buttons instead of full-blown eyes?

Edited by Pinkiesister75
  • Brohoof 2

Wonder what "Evil thing Luna and Celestia banished 1000 years ago" is gonna come along and make the happy couple's birthing a nightmare

Probably something involving two rainbows, for unto you is born this day in the city of Crystal, a foal who will tear down kingdoms

-

Also, why were Babyjack's eyes...normal?

Foals usually have solid color eyes, like Pound, Pumpkin and AJ in Apple Family Reunion

Edited by The Nth Doctor
  • Brohoof 1

wow, i didn't realize this episode existed, i thought there wasn't a new episode 2 weeks ago, so the last one i watched was Hearthbreakers, but now since it's Saturday i went to look up the name for this week's episode and i saw the name 'The One Where Pinkie Knows' for Oct. 17th and i was like dumbfounded because i found no trace of that episode 2 weeks ago...

but now that i noticed it and watched it, i realized that i am having a give and take with season 5, and oh, don't worry, this was one of the sweeter episodes for me. for an episode with Pinkie Pie in it, this was one of the better representations of her in season 5, though this new writer G.M. Berrow had done a fairly decent job for her first episode working on the show.

while this was not quite one of my favorite episodes, and it started off a bit iffy and highly contrived, as if everything was obviously bending to shape itself to fit the premise of the episode. despite this forced plot development, there was a lot of fun and interesting moments that took this story that started off painfully predictable, and added some flair and slight twists, that were just "Pinkie" enough where it was silly and weird and fun, but not too much like a trainwreck as an episode like Party Pooped.

also, unlike Party Pooped, where the "comedy" was almost all completely dumb and pointless, and though i didn't think the comedy in this episode was the best, it was at least much more amusing without being too annoying or insane. 

the plot treaded and gained a decent momentum though, and it had fairly good cues and climaxes, though some situations were forced and "convenient", like the constant testing of Pinkie's resolve in blatantly obvious ways, and Shining Armor's "save" entrance was "perfect timing" yet, it was in fact perfect and considering the drama buildup, this was a good release point, so no fault in that at all, but many could easily say it was "convenient" nonetheless.

i like how they put time into the details though, even though not every member of the mane six had much of a dialog or purpose, we at least got some development for Shining Armor, not much, but a little, and that's more than you could hope considering this is done by a new writer. i could assume Meghan as editor probably bounced some ideas to the writer to use also, since Meghan probably guards the show's bible closely.

in conclusion, this is one of my more favored episodes, not a favorite, but it definitely has some rewatch value and considering it's a new staff writer who did this, it turned out fairly well.

Concerning Green Isn't Your Color, this is like karmic payback. Notice how Rarity's big "FOREVER!" speech echoes what Pinkie said in that earlier episode?     Loved that cutaway gag bit with Shining Armor in the bedroom, especially when he discovers the burnt comicbook (and it was the Pony equivalent of the super-rare and super-expensive first comic of Superman, too! Spike's dead meat!).

Yes! I have to think the whole "forever" line from Rarity was directly referencing Pinkie's lines in GIYC!

I still hope Twilight was able to reconstruct his comic with her alicorn magic, judging by how happy Shining was again in the last cutaway. Spike still probably got in trouble, though, even if it was restored. At the very least Twilight probably gave him her own version of "the stare".  :)

Yes! I have to think the whole "forever" line from Rarity was directly referencing Pinkie's lines in GIYC!

I still hope Twilight was able to reconstruct his comic with her alicorn magic, judging by how happy Shining was again in the last cutaway. Spike still probably got in trouble, though, even if it was restored. At the very least Twilight probably gave him her own version of "the stare".  :)

I also loved the bit with Pinkie seeing Rarity in a window reflection....

PHANTOM RARITY: "The pony who ruins a surprise for somepony else has to live with that guilt......FOREVER!"

PINKIE PIE: "You're right, spooky-reflection-of-Rarity-that-I-know-is-actually-my-own-imagination. I can't tell anypony at all!

I love it when gags get "Meta".

• Brohoof 1