Troblems

228 users have voted

1. 1. Was it the best thing EVER?!

• Hated it!
    • Ehnope.
    • Meh.
    • It was enjoyable!
    • OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH!

The last episode gave me some S1 flashbacks. A warm, amusing, nicely done Slice of Life with plenty of Pinkie's sillyness in its purest form. (Even falling literally apart, huh?) Anyway, it's great to know a new family member is coming (Hooray for Aunt Twilight!) and maybe, just maybe, we'll get yet another alicorn!

Edited by Dino-Mario

... and the moral of the story is to never hold in big secrets or you'll fall into pieces.

Screenshot_2015-10-18-12-20-31.png

In all seriousness, this was a great episode.

It's a Pinkie Pie based episode so the crazy stuff would be included, very humerus too.

When Pinkie was trying to hold it in while being around her friends who noticed that she is keeping something from them, I kept on thinking "just tell them it's a secret."

Probably it would have been harder for her not to tell them after that. Cause, the way I see it, if pinkie had told them it was a secret. The other five would probably be relentlessly badgering her to tell them what it was, since they were all such great friends, or something along those lines.

Whelp, I'm soured.

A souring has occurred. My Little Pony: Friendship is Soured.

Ok, so, here's the thing—I have some very personal reasons why I hate this decision. I don't want kids, and being perpetually alone, when I found out that most of my friends were having kids, all I felt was resentment. It wasn't a “blessed event”. There was nothing good about it for me. It just meant that my friendships as I knew them were over. My friends don't have time for me anymore. Now, I'm not an idiot—I understand how life works, but I don't like it one bit. Sorry, I know that makes me some kind of monster. Oh well. Not that I would ever make this my friends' problems. It's my problem, and mine alone, and of course, it has no relevance on the show.

More objectively speaking, it really annoys me that everyone always has kids on TV. Can't one, just ONE TV couple choose not to? I feel like it's stereotype that's shoved down our throats, as if there aren't any couples irl that don't have kids. As you can tell, I have rather strong, biased feelings about this. (Not so objective after all, I guess.) It seems to be a stereotype that people are “supposed” to have kids, that if you're married and choose not to have kids, you're somehow being selfish. Many parents pressure their adults children to have kids, saying that they want grandkids before they die. Couples are often grilled by friends and family, being asked, “Why haven't you had kids yet, when are you going to have kids?”, and so on. This mindset really frustrates me.

Something you might not have considered. Shining Armor and Cadance are royalty. Thus the need to produce an heir. It's somewhat muddied due to the way royalty works in Equestria as opposed to the real world, but still. Mayor Mare even mentions "royal baby" at one point. It could very well be a nod to the recent birth of the royal baby in the UK. (Sorry, I don't really follow the details) If they were a regular couple, I would absolutely support what you're saying here, but since they're technically royalty, this decision on the part of the writers is justified. A royal couple generally is under more pressure to produce an heir.

As for showing pregnancy on a children's show, Steven Universe did that recently. There was a pregnant lady and a birth depicted in Avatar: The Last Airbender, too. We may well get to see a pregnant Cadance. It's not like children in real life NEVER encounter pregnant women and have to have it explained, even if that explanation is by its nature not very comprehensive.

• Brohoof 1

Derpy and Dinky are together in the show for the first time!

sig-4165841.TlvDEun.jpg

They also showed Derpy as a mailmare in the last episode. She's pretty much the fanon containment horse now. Not that that's a bad thing.

I didn't think so. She almost spilled it more than once. Also, her reactions and expressions? I don't even know what it means to predict that. 

Which was predictable. I imagine she would shove a cake or something in her mouth to stop herself from completely spilling everything out. So, predictable. 

Pinkie expressions = cartoony expression/funny expressions that indicate her overreacting. 

Anyways, those are my opinions and what I myself got out of the episode. Everybody experiences things their own ways ;)

Pinkie Pie was awesome in this episode! Hilarious! Oh, and did anypony else catch Derpy and Dinky when Pinkie was all like, Maybe there won't be anyone outside so I can deliver without talking to anypony.

Also how did Mayor Mare know about the baby?

I'm guessing Shining Armor and Cadence let her in on it. If the comics are any indication, they went to Canterlot Academy together. Besides, one of the clues was on Applejack's birth certificate. They had to have gotten access to it somehow.

I kinda wanted to see Twilight Velvet and Night Light appear, just to see their reactions to "hey mom! hey dad! you're gonna be grandparents!"

• Brohoof 1

Am I the only one who finds it odd that Cadance does not look the tiniest bit pregnant? I mean, even alicorn princess babies surely do not just fall outta the sky one day...

It was cute letting the Mayor have her little part there, sharing Pinkie's burden. I like seeing the background ponies get some airtime, and in a way that makes sense! (They'd have to have told the Mayor about such a large event that involved the town hall).

*Watches the Shining Armor's room scene for the 1000th time* Oh, Shining Armor, you weirdo. You adorable, adorable, nerdy bucking weirdo. :)

Edited by ggg-2
  • Brohoof 4

Am I the only one who finds it odd that Cadance does not look the tiniest bit pregnant? I mean, even alicorn princess babies surely do not just fall outta the sky one day...

Beyond the absence of an oestrus cycle, mares may not show any visible signs of pregnancy for the first three months. Pregnancy can be confirmed by ultra-sound after approximately two weeks after the breeding took place. Blood and urine testing can be done two to three months after conception. Alternatively, a veterinarian may be able to manually feel changes in the mare's uterus approximately six weeks into the pregnancy.  http://horses.about.com/od/basiccare/a/Horse-Reproduction.htm

horses are pregnant for 11 mos.  That includes ponies!  So even if Cadance is 3 mos. along, we will probably not see the foal until next season.

• Brohoof 1

horses are pregnant for 11 mos.  That includes ponies!  So even if Cadance is 3 mos. along, we will probably not see the foal until next season.

Good. Gives me something to look forward to in the S6 premiere.  :)

Did anyone else see Derpy with Filly Derpy?

Then....who the hell is the father?

If the father wasn't Doctor Whooves then he could just go back in time and change all that....soooo.....

*Watches the Shining Armor's room scene for the 1000th time* Oh, Shining Armor, you weirdo. You adorable, adorable, nerdy bucking weirdo. :)

That was probably my favorite scene of the whole episode!  :D

That poster of Smash Fortune is totally a reference to Doc Savage.

This is why I love hanging out in Episode discussion threads, I learn things like this that I would have never known otherwise X3333

• Brohoof 1

This episode was awesome!!! It just raised some questions. I've read all the comics that have been released and all the chapter books that have been released (except for the Friendship Games one). My main question is what is/are the baby/ies going to be? I mean Mr. and Mrs. Cake had a unicorn and a pegasus baby. According to everything I've read so far Cadence was born and Alicorn. I may be wrong about that, but does that mean her children will be alicorn too? With Shining Armor being a unicorn does that mean that their children will be unicorns at least? Or is it possible for their children to be anything since Alicorns are a combination of Earth, Unicorns, and Pegasi?