S05:E25+26 - The Cutie Re-Mark  

368 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it

• Hated it
    • Didn't like it
    • Meh. It was OK.
    • I liked it
    • That .... was ....AWESOME! <3

Can I get one thing off my chest with this ep.

It's how the time travel was done, I don't think it was done right, in "about time" it was handled right, but this....I get he wanted to show what could have happened. But how it was done was poor, if the out come would have altered by how RD was stopped, then why didn't an alicorn and a unicorn being there screw things?

Next is slight story inconsistency, AJ would not be in a labor position on the farm, she would be Apple jewel who ran in management.

How I think what should have happened is.

Nightmare moon returns, then sombra gets his but handed to him by her, discord appears and screws things up, then terik comes and levels everything.

It was done really well.

*Time Travel was decently executed, for reminders of what would happen for each villain in the series other than Trixie.(all kinds of dystopias!)

*Plot was well done, but felt kind of expected and in no way surprising at the end.

*Moony's cameo!

*Kind of like reformed Starlight.

*Made me nostalgic for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2.

But:

*Song at the end should have been cut. Twilly's voice was unbelievably offkey.

Edited by TwillyFSniper

Finally got around to watching this, and it's good, but not as great as the opener and other two-parters. Starlight's motivation needed more time to be expanded upon, and I think the reform would've been more believable if Starlight had to face one of the villains, like Tirek or Discord, instead of being taken to a wasteland. It would've been a perfect opportunity for Twilight to show Starlight just how much her friendship with the rest of the mane six mattered.

Think about it: Twilight drags Starlight to the changed present. Starlight notices that it's different, but assumes Twilight is lying about just how bad it is. Then comes one of the villains. Starlight tries to fight and fails, then Twilight explains how she stopped the villain with her friends and takes Starlight back to the past. It wouldn't have taken too long and it would make Starlight's redemption better.

• Brohoof 4

A very good episode. Probably the episode with the most continuity, which is great.

And it had war-torn Equestria, which was just amazing.

Edited by AppleJack_Wack

20 outta 10!

OK, this is for little girls? This is proof that the show is such a success!

It was really scary that Twilight was almost never gonna change things back!

Those alternate timelines were kinda scary, but they were interesting enough to not look away from.

I never knew Equestria could end up a vast wasteland of emptiness all because of one pegasus.

It was kinda sad to see Twilight go through so much trouble, that she just had to show Starlight how important the timeline was to be kept in balance.

This episode is just screaming for Chrono Trigger, or anything else time travel related!

Did I say Slice of Life was my favorite? Well now, this is my new favorite!

Well. I'll be honest. The whole time travel thing is new, but if you want to get technical...
Starlight cannot alter her own timeline. Explanation is that if starlight hates the mane 6, she will eventually want to alter their history so that they never meet each other. Therefore bringing in the fact that if she changes the mane 6 never becoming friends, she will never meet them, want revenge, and likewise change their friendships. It's a paradox loop.

Besides that, the second Starlight changed that from rainboom ever happening, twilight would have never found friends, become the princess of friendship, and she would have never been telling Starlight anything because she wouldn't have been there. :diamondtiara:

Point is, if Starlight changed any of the mane 6' past to not interfere with starlight, she would have never done it. :squee:

• Brohoof 1

This episode was...interesting to me.  Not one of my favorites but still interesting.  I did like the magical warfare scenes in Cloudsdale.  I'm wondering though, how powerful is Starlight Glimmer exactly?  For her magic to be on par with Twilight's...still it was a nice episode.  I'm wondering what role Starlight will play now. 

Do you think Starlight will appear in further episodes? Maybe even join the mane six? I hope she doesn't OwO

Not meaning to be mean to a twilight and the Gang but I hate it when there's a bad villain who decides to turn good, then everypony just accepts them and moves on like nothing ever happend, like with Starlight and Sunset Shimmer. Also, if they can forgive her so easily, why can't they properly forgive Discord? /)030(\

it was a great close to season 2 and it was foreshadowed in friendship games and according to the votes a lot of users agree that is was almost perfect the only things wrong with it had little to no effect on my experience watching the episode over all it was a great episode (by the way i see two parters as one episode) i liked it very much and i had a great seson see you all can't wait for season 6 we had a great season well see all of you in 2016! B)

Do you think Starlight will appear in further episodes? Maybe even join the mane six? I hope she doesn't OwO
Not meaning to be mean to a twilight and the Gang but I hate it when there's a bad villain who decides to turn good, then everypony just accepts them and moves on like nothing ever happend, like with Starlight and Sunset Shimmer. Also, if they can forgive her so easily, why can't they properly forgive Discord? /)030(\

yes yes i do think that starlight will be in other episodes

I think it was a good episode overall but as I feared time was not in this episodes favor. To explain when I first heard that they wanted to do a timtravel episode as finale I was hyped as I could be and thought of all the possibilities but then a thought came to my head. Is 40 minutes enough for such an episode is this plot not better use in a movie length plot. Seeing how fast we went through tirek, discord and flim flam, not to mention the rushed feel ofthe starlight resolution. I think this episode needed more time, another 40 minutes might have given enough time to not only fix the issues but also turn this from a fun but ok episode to the best episode of MLP. A shame that I filt it ws rushed and missed its potential but I still enjoy it.

I just realized: of all the Mane 6 members for Starlight to take revenge on, why Twilight? Yes, she was the ringleader of the group, but FLUTTERSHY was the one who exposed her as a fraud, not Twilight! So why not go after Fluttershy instead? It would've been less of a headache and less time travel BS!

Also, Joshscorcher just posted his review on this episode and he compared Starlight's backstory with Apple Bloom's conflict from "Call of the Cutie". Which gives me a way they could've fixed this episode: why not have the CMC, or at least Apple Bloom, involved in this episode? Apple Bloom could've flat out given Starlight what for!

• Brohoof 2

OOOOOOOO TIME TRAVEL

IS STARLIGHT GONNA BE AN ALICORN???

no. bad idea very very bad idea

I love the way RD and the bully pony stopped racing, so they could watch Twilight and Starlight Glimmer fight.

Also it was a little sad that Starlight and her friend was broken up, just because of a Cutie Mark.

and also dash can make popcorn appear out of thin air

I've took noticed of what specifically happened during Filly Rainbow Dash's 1st Sonic Rainboom that lead to each bad future:

War with Sombra: Starlight just stops RD mid-flight.

Infestation of Changlings: Starlight convinces bullies not to pick on Fluttershy, so no race.

Reign of Nightmare Moon: RD and bullies stop racing to watch Twilight and Starlight's fight.

Destruction by Tirek: Starlight trips RD

Chaotic world of Discord: Twilight accidentally traps RD in crystal.

Deforestation by Flim-Flam Bros.: Starlight helps Fluttershy with the course, so no race.

Barren Wasteland: Starlight zaps RD off-course.

Just thought to list what action snowballed into which future.

• Brohoof 2

I love the way RD and the bully pony stopped racing, so they could watch Twilight and Starlight Glimmer fight.

Also it was a little sad that Starlight and her friend was broken up, just because of a Cutie Mark.

I know, right?

medium.jpg
View on Derpibooru (Original source unknown at time of posting)

It is sad they didn't stay friends. That does tend to happen once people are no longer near each other - given Sunburst was shipped out of town.  -_-

Feels like I'm kinda double-posting here, even though my last post was, like, way back in December.

I, like pretty much everyone else, enjoyed this finale, but I feel like the morals they were trying to go for got a little confusing, and the plot had some pretty unfortunate implications regarding the Mane Six's friendship and Equestria. For that reason I actually enjoyed the Season 4 Finale more...I dunno, maybe it's 'cause of Tirek's pretty awesome villainy coupled with a story arc they were building up since Princess Twilight Sparkle Part 2.

Finally got around to watching this, and it's good, but not as great as the opener and other two-parters. Starlight's motivation needed more time to be expanded upon, and I think the reform would've been more believable if Starlight had to face one of the villains, like Tirek or Discord, instead of being taken to a wasteland. It would've been a perfect opportunity for Twilight to show Starlight just how much her friendship with the rest of the mane six mattered.

Think about it: Twilight drags Starlight to the changed present. Starlight notices that it's different, but assumes Twilight is lying about just how bad it is. Then comes one of the villains. Starlight tries to fight and fails, then Twilight explains how she stopped the villain with her friends and takes Starlight back to the past. It wouldn't have taken too long and it would make Starlight's redemption better.

I agree. They missed a golden opportunity for a Starlight/Twilight battle teamup against one of the older villains. Could have a nice fight, start losing, and escape back to the past, where it'd be much more believable that Starlight realizes how crappy a future without the Mane 6 would be.

In fact, to take it further, it could APPEAR at first glance to be a great future, confusing Twi. But then it turns out it's actually horrible because whichever villain is in charge is actually a murderous tyrant. Corrupted Celestia could have been an amazing alternate timeline villain, for example, and would have been a great surprise since we'd already seen all the other returning villains. And she could potentially be the scariest.

Edited by manic