Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Were any of you ever an anti-brony?

Ed Lyons

Were you ever an anti-brony?  

86 users have voted

1. 1. Were you ever an anti-brony?

• Yes
    • No

I used to be a mild anti-brony. It had nothing to do with the show, I just heard that the community was horrible, and my first brony encounter confirmed that. Now after watching the show, I realize that some people in the community are jerks, but most of them are pretty chill. And yeah, now I'm a mild brony. Heh.

No. I just thought it was very suprising and kind of weird at first, with all the ponies invading the Internet lands back in 2011-2012, it just made me very curious and eager to understand what was all the fuss about. Aftermaths: I am here now. :)

i think i was at one point, but i think it was more denial than anything else. when i was considered anti-brony i'd only seen a few bits of the animation, and secretly liked it.

eventually my curiosity corroded me like sulfuric acid, and i watched my first episode in early may of this year

• Brohoof 1

Maybe, I just thought it was a little strange, but I didn't hate the fandom. I heard about the fandom the same time I heard about the show, but didn't really care. Although I did hate the show at first, even though I haven't seen very much of it. So I guess I was a bit of an anti-brony.

Nope. I thought it was a bit odd, I suppose, but that was it. I had some friends that were (/are) really into it, and they kept pestering me to try it, which did get a bit annoying, so that kept me from trying it for a while, but I was always rather clear that I wasn't going to judge something I didn't even know anything about.

I really want to get this off my chest but... I used to be an anti-brony and quite a big one. I was in a school where there were groups of friends that acted like a rank almost. I was at the bottom of the bottom and I was kicked out of that group and was alone so much that I bought a tamagotchi for company. They were bronies and I didn't share their views because I hadn't seen it. I thought it wasn't natural and I was just angry at them because, MLP aside, they were bad friends in the first place but the only ones that I had. I watched a tiny bit of secret of my excess at some point in 2012 and slammed the lid of my laptop because I was in denial about liking it. That made me be even more anti-brony because I guess I didn't want to like it and that was the only way. I feel horrible for what I was and are soooooooooo superly hugely sorry for everything. I realise now that I don't have to be in denial now. Those views I had were stupid and it pains me to think that I used to be that person. I became a brony about two to three months ago now. I am so sorry.

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." -Maya Angelou

Many bronies used to be anti-brony at one point. Not all, but it's not uncommon to find. While I can't speak for all bronies, I would love you even if you hated me still. And now, that's in the past. :) *Hugs* Welcome to the herd!

• Brohoof 1

The closest for me I guess was when I was younger, and the MLP website changed from G3, to G4.

At first, I thought "Omg these ponies look so skinny! I want the other one back!" And I thought they looked kinda weird. I was young okay? Wasn't too crazy on the logo either. 

One day, I watched the first episode, and liked it.

And now, today, I love how the ponies look and I love the show and everything. I don't really understand WHY I thought it looked ugly.

Edited by KittenTale15

Nope. I thought it was a bit odd, I suppose, but that was it. I had some friends that were (/are) really into it, and they kept pestering me to try it, which did get a bit annoying, so that kept me from trying it for a while, but I was always rather clear that I wasn't going to judge something I didn't even know anything about.

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." -Maya Angelou

Many bronies used to be anti-brony at one point. Not all, but it's not uncommon to find. While I can't speak for all bronies, I would love you even if you hated me still. And now, that's in the past. :) *Hugs* Welcome to the herd!

thank you for that (I need 20 characters)

Yes and no. It depends how you define anti-brony.

I was really big hater of Bronies but I didn't go anywhere shout about it, I talked it with my so called friends but I didn't mock/bully/troll/etc. bronies online.

But when I figured out some things, I felt like idiot. And now I don't hate anything if I don't have really good reason for it.

And I don't make my opinion based on what majority thinks. anymore.

It's weird how much people can change in a year.

It certainly is weird. and how much person can change only in few days is even more weird. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

I was neutral curious, and one online site with a virtual market had mlp items which I thought were very good for investing into. Eventually since I had literally the most rainbowy avatar there was possible on site, I decided to wear some of those items eventually, and before I knew it I was being banned for cosplaying as Jappleack and Cupcakes HD and lost my thousands of items I earned through the market without spending a dime.

And I thought the show would promote light-heartedness so I sorta forced myself to watch it when I was a little paranoid from winter blues, and then I became a closet brony, still am a closet brony. I actually have 2 secret brony shirts lol, one doesn't fit and the other I'm not sure if I like the art style anymore XD but never wore them yet, still in their packaging.

Yes and no. It depends how you define anti-brony.

I was really big hater of Bronies but I didn't go anywhere shout about it, I talked it with my so called friends but I didn't mock/bully/troll/etc. bronies online.

But when I figured out some things, I felt like idiot. And now I don't hate anything if I don't have really good reason for it.

And I don't make my opinion based on what majority thinks. anymore.

It certainly is weird. and how much person can change only in few days is even more weird.

for me, it was a matter of minutes or seconds.
  • Brohoof 1

Over a decade in the LARP and Animé-Mangafandom teached me one thing: Don't judge a group for something they love. Judge every single individual of this group seperatly. Some of them are jerks sometimes. All the others however, not.

Best example: i have kind of a grudge with one local brony group here and avoid them most of the time. I just can't go on with them. Anyhow at the same time, i'm part of several international fangroups and we have a great time together.

I'm still sort of a way an anti-brony. With all the misanthropy and pony superiority complex quite a few member of this fandom preaches. That all humans are evil scum and need to be converted into ponies.

I don't care if we are doomed to die on this finite world. Alien horses coming to Earth to commit 'soft' xenocide on humanity makes me angry. 

Edited by Bendy

Yes actually, I was a major anti-brony actually. I was one of those Anti-Bronies you would see anywhere. But I eventually wanted to watch the show because of curiosity, I decided to watch it, 2 months after watching the entire series I became a Brony.

Before 2010, maybe when I was 8 or 9 years old, I used to think that the show was extremely girly and the toys looked horrifying. However, with generation 4, things were a little different. I didn't realise that Friendship is Magic even existed until 2012, maybe because that was the time of the fandom's peak, when it flooded the internet. I saw it everywhere. I thought that if it was really that popular, I should give it a shot. When I did, I found out how great it was and stopped hating the show and even told some of my friends that I was a fan. Here I am now, making lots of fan content for MLP:FiM. :)

Edited by Ravelicious

Since the first time I heard of it, I was like "WTF!?"

Funny story how though. This was like 2012, when Minecraft just came out for the Xbox 360's(i dont play mc anymore), and my friend was building pixel art. He built a pony pixel art, I knew what the show was though. He told me about bronies, and i cracked up laughing.

I soon found out they were real. I had 1 friend, then 2 friends, then 3 friends who were bronies before I was. I would make fun of them(as a joke) for being bronies and tease them. it was so weird. How could MEN like PONIES? Ponies are for little girls!

well i changed my mind now lol