Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Forum mystery RP

Vulcan

OOC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/144123-forum-mystery-rp-private-1x1-with-vulcan/

A young man with wavey black hair and dark brown eyes sat patiently on one of the aisle seats inside the Taipei airport . The visit there was part of a connecting flight leading to California. He glanced to his left, at his younger brother reading a novel about dragons before turning his attention back to the website displayed on his phone, a forum site about colored equines,on normal days he spent his hours answering questions above him and pondering various situations between him and the avatar above him but today was a bit different,today he was starting an Rp. " Done!" He thought excitedly as he finished up the the first post and hit "submit". "now I just have to wait for the Spiced one" he grinned before returning to randomly browsing the forums.

Edited by Vulcan
  • Brohoof 2

(Totally spaced out. Sorry for being late.)

The day grew late as I woke from my nap. Work again soon, another graveyard shift. Well I do admit, it's quieter and more peaceful but it has it's drawbacks. I kept up the best I could depending on whether what was going on that day. It was the middle of the break between semesters at college having just finished the fall classes with an A he thought smugly. I finished a post finally before I had to leave for work hitting the "enter" key to submit. I liked browsing here. It was a good place to kill time and perfect my typing accuracy. Anywho, time to get ready for work, he thought slightly glumly. He proceeded then with his day.    

• Brohoof 2

My winter break had started the previous day.  Therefore, that left me with plenty of time to kill, with 40-minute exercise sessions, drawing, writing, YouTube, roleplaying, and other activities being my daggers for doing so.  I say that because I like figurative language and daggers.  And yes, I am completely sane.

Having heard that the RP link was up, I quickly got to the topic and typed my post.  I had to admit, I couldn't remember the last time I role-played in the first person POV.  This shall be interesting I thought as I clicked "Post".

• Brohoof 2

It was late at night.  I was putting the finishing touches on the latest chapter of Sonic's Hearth's Warming Eve Party.  All went according to plan, but I knew I sucked at song-writing, so I left the task to my readers to figure out the song.  As I typed this, I was listening to the redux of the song "Discord."

I smiled.  What could possibly go wrong? I thought as I finished typing this sentence.  I then decided to check out what Eloquence wanted to say to me after pressing "Post."

• Brohoof 2

The next day, I had a plate of spaghetti and sat down at my computer.  I added new folks to my list of players, replied to RP posts, and made plans to do more writing and drawing.

I decided to make a red 1 over my PM icon disappear, so I expanded my list of PMs.  I expected an online friend of mine to be replying to something on a weeks-old PM, but I instead found a strange note, said to be "From the Fool".

He is not the king of kings

Aqw jcxg dggp kpxkvgf vq vjg vtkcnu. Jcxg c yqpfgthwn fca. jvvru://ogfkc2.ypae.qti/k/1200/627/n/80/1/ekecfc.lri

What in the world is this...?  I asked myself, having a few guesses but not trusting them.

Edited by Akari of Duskshire
  • Brohoof 2

YOU HAVE BEEN INVITED TO THE TRIALS HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY
YOU HAVE KEEN INVITED TO THE TRIALS HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY

I looked at this message over and over again.  Some anonymous user posted a cryptic message to me earlier in the morning that said this.  I chuckled a bit at the misspelling of "been" in the second part, then thought: Maybe it was intentional?  Oh well.  I decided to disregard the message because I thought it was some troll trying to get me.  Then I said to myself, "I'll have a wonderful day when the Broncos beat the Steelers, that's for sure."

• Brohoof 3

With the holiday's around the corner final preparations were being made for family parties and all the like. I check my messages only to see:

"He is not the king of kings

Aqw jcxg dggp kpxkvgf vq vjg vtkcnu. Jcxg c yqpfgthwn fca. jvvru://ogfkc2.ypae.qti/k/1200/627/n/80/1/ekecfc.lri"

I'd have to check on my laundry soon and had to make this post quick. I gave the encrypted text a quick look then with some quick thinking found it actually meant:

You have been invited to the trials. Have a nice day.  

"Wait, you don't mean the Scorch Trials do you?", I randomly thought. Nice movie, that girl pissed me off in the end though :P. I have other stuff to take off to in the meantime. I hit post and continued on with my day. Although I will admit the encrypted hyperlink confused me a little. I give a little more thought before continuing on with my day. 

• Brohoof 2

Vulcan sat on a wooden bench in a Las Vegas mall, he took out a small black Lenovo phone from his pocket. It was covered with small scratches and had a large gaping Crack in the upper right corner of the screen. He was never one to replace it feeling it still had some use to him. He opened it up and logged on to the forums immediately noticing what appeared to be a pm from an unknown user known as the fool. The message was a code with a clue just above it. it looked like it was made to be simple and easily cracked . Vulcan had watched a cartoon show in the past that used this cipher and knew how to decode it. The text read "you have been invited to the trials have a wonderful day" with a link to an image of a cicada. "trials? Invited?" thought Vulcan wondering what the message had meant. What bothered him more was the linked image. It felt strange... As if it was calling out to him with some form of mnemonic technique. He felt compelled to touch it....and he did.

Suddenly and without warning Vulcans fingers began to be sucked into the screen then his hands and arms. He screamed loudly for help but the passersby no longer seemed to notice he was there. Vulcan let out a terrified cry before being fully consumed into the phone.

Moments passed...

He woke up dazed in what appeared to be a large server room about 20 meters in length with monitors displaying the forums in every row. There appeared to be a large sign glowing in neon red lights with the words "outer matrix" hanging on the left wall. Behind him was a cracked screen with "Vulcan" displayed in digital text below it. Vulcan got up and stood confused at what had just happened. It was so sudden. He knew he needed to get out. Vulcan slammed hard towards the screen but it was unaffected as he had done so he noticed that the body he was using was not his own. His skin and clothing was white and and had a scratchy blue outline around it. His teeth were sharp like knives and he wore a Santa hat above his head. "am... Am I the smiling man?!." Vulcan said as he looked at his white palms." I gotta get out of here! " he cried with a hint of panic in his tone as looked around. Far in other end of the room was a corridor with a sign with words" welcoming plaza" written above it.

"I have to hurry"

(I decided that a chunk of the trials were boring and skipped to the good bit :P, feel free to tag along when you're ready. You're also not limited by your current avatar you can also use previous avatars or human variations of your avatar. Note however you currently cannot use the powers that your avatar would normally have)

Edited by Vulcan
  • Brohoof 2

I sat with my laptop on my legs, watching a Nostalgia Critic video.  I was already in a bad mood after the Broncos lost to the Steelers yesterday and decided to watch a couple Youtube videos to calm down.  I then started to think about the message I found earlier and decided to see it again.  I pulled up the message again and saw a link.  I didn't see the link before and decided to click on it.

Nothing happened.

I said, "What the heck?!"  Suddenly I started to be sucked in to the laptop.  I screamed for help only to realize I was already through the laptop screen.

I got up mere seconds after my whole body went through.  I went to feel my head when I looked at the hand.  My pupils shrank to the size of peas the second I recognized that glove.

"Oh, no.  How did I become Sonic?!"

I then decided to test to see if I can use his abilities.  I did a spin jump only to face-plant on the ground.

"Okay, so I can't use his abilities.  But nevertheless, I have to get out of here."

I looked around, to see a man looking over at a corner.  I looked at the corner reading the sign that said, "Welcoming Plaza".

I approached the man, trying to figure out what was going on.  I thought I recognized him from somewhere earlier in the forums, but I wasn't sure.

"Hey, sir.  Would you mind telling me what's going on?" I asked the man.

• Brohoof 2

For a long while, I had pretty much put the strange message out of mind.  Probably from some person who was getting cheap laughs out of it for whatever reason.  

But at one point, I began watching an episode of Extra History that dealt with the First Crusade.  I got to one part were one of the leaders, Hugh, and his men were rescued from the sea by the folks in Constantinople.  There, he wrote a letter to the Byzantine emperor that read,"Know, o king, that I am the king of kings and superior to all under the sky.  You are permitted to greet me on my arrival and to receive me magnificence, as befits my nobility."

King of Kings?  Was the answer Hugh?

But as for the strange text, I never before decrypted this stuff before.  But eventually I did and it read "You have been invited to the trials, have a nice day."  Seriously?  What were these folks trying to pull here?  Seeing "cicada" in the resulting link, I decided "Oh what the heck?" and pressed it.

A cicada?  What in the world was this?  Some part of me began to say I shouldn't be doing this.  But why?  What is it I'm-

My fingers were on the cicada.

One moment, they were feeling the slightly-warm surface of the computer.  The next, they were in it.  Then my arms, then all of me.  Too stunned to scream, everything went black.

I woke up and looked around.  What was this place?  Was it a dream?  My blonde bangs flopped in front of my eyes and almost on auto-pilot, I swept them to the side.

...Blonde?  I'm a brunette, aren't I?

Not only that, my hands were gloved with red sleeves on my arms.  My skin had become pale, a huge change from the tan I was born with.  What were these clothes?  Why was I this way?  Was this real?!

@@@DwhitetheGamer,

I stared at nothing for a few moments before I got up.  I began wandering around, eventually hearing voices.  I followed them, wishing I had my Leatherman knife on me for situations like this.  So I clenched my fists and, with my back against a wall, peaked out from my hiding spot.

I was very surprised to see two familiar figures.  Sonic?  Some weird blue guy with a Santa hat and a smile Mileena from Mortal Kombat would be jealous of?  Wait a minute, was that...

"Vulcan?"

• Brohoof 2

@Akari of Duskshire

'Vulcan?'

Vulcan?  I remembered someone in the forums of that name.  Maybe it was the being I was trying to talk to.  I quickly turned around the second I heard the name and found a pale-skinned being with gloved hands and red clothing.  I quickly recognized her as Akari of Duskshire.

"Akari?" I said, surprised.  "This happened to you too?"

• Brohoof 2

I gave the conundrum a little more thought until I eventually figured out that the link sent me to a picture of a Cicada. I felt an strange urge to touch it despite the usual habit of keeping my screen pristine. I found myself slowly being sucked into the screen with a strange vortex-like force emanating from my computer monitor. Before I could even recover from the shock from my mind to even utter a sound. I found myself traveling into a pipeline lined with mystical-like energy for a moment before unceremoniously being dumped on the ground. Upon recovering from my initial daze, I briefly contemplated what the hell just happened before I got a chance to see my new look. I looked at my hands only only to a see a white-glove texture that seemed to encompass my legs and arms entirely. To make matters even more strange, my body had become a human-sized Sriracha bottle of hot sauce (Kool-aid Man)! "Now I know I like Sriracha but this is just plain awesome!", I said a little too happy. 

Finally noticing that others had arrived, they somehow resembled the others in the role play. "So I assume the vortex thing sucked you guys in too?", finally getting up now with a grin at my new form. 

Edited by Sriracha
  • Brohoof 2

Vulcan pondered his situation before hearing voices behind him. Nothing could ever prepare him for the strangeness of the entity he saw. It was Sera, a young anime girl with blonde hair. "Alright, I'm either going insane or having a dream and my shoulders still hurt from slamming the screen. So I'm definitely not asleep" Vulcan spoke wondering if he had hit the deep end of his sanity.

"You called me Vulcan? " He asked curiously as he pinched her cheeks and comically pulling them."Sorry I've always wanted to do that, anyways, I pressume youre either Sera or Akari?" He asked smiling, knowing at least he wasn't alone in this.

@Sonic

Another entity walked up to the 2, this time a video game character from an old platformer .

"Yes, good sir, I am Vulcan, I came here after my phone sucked me in"

@Sriracha

Vulcan noticed another entity calling the group from afar. "I-... Is that?!" he exclaimed staring at the large Sriracha bottle with a face. "Okay, I'm definitely insane -_-"

Edited by Vulcan
  • Brohoof 2

@@DwhitetheGamer,

I for the life of me couldn't remember the Sonic guy's name, so I was taken by surprise when he called me Akari.  Yes, it was a name I normally used on the internet, but I wasn't on the internet and I only knew one person who would call me that even off the internet.  She certainly wasn't some blue, cartoony hedgehog with big red shoes and white gloves, so I was rather alarmed into saying nothing and looking not at all relieved.

@,

As if that wasn't enough, Mr. Mileena the guy who may or may not be Vulcan went over and tugged at my face.  Instinctively, I slapped the hand away, physical contact being the last thing I needed in this situation.  Adding the touch to the feel of my new clothes and being very much aware of myself, it only hammered in the fact that this was no dream.

@

...Or did someone decide to drug me?

• Brohoof 3

'Yes, good sir.  I am Vulcan, I came here after my phone sucked me in.'

I had a good assumption he didn't know me, so I smiled, saying: "I go by DwhitetheGamer, but I guess you can call me Sonic for now." Then I realized the last part of his sentence.  "Wait, did you say 'sucked in'?  I got sucked in here by my laptop!"

@Akari of Duskshire

I noted the confused look on his face and I smiled embarrassingly.  "Oh, sorry." I said.  "I know you, but you don't know me.  I'm DwhitetheGamer, but you can call me Sonic for now.  How did you get here?"

• Brohoof 2

@Sonic

"DwhitetheGamer?" Vulcan thought for a moment. He could have sworn there was a user in the forums that went by such a name. Vulcan's eyes widened as he heard that the blue hedgehog was under the same predicament. He was certain now that whatever was happening. It was happening to members of the forum.

@Akari

"sorry Mcflurry, pinching an anime person's cheek was on my bucket list :P " He chuckled as he smiled nervously while scratching the back of his head, knowing for certain that it was his friend, after hearing the otherwise "mute" OC speak.

Edited by Vulcan
  • Brohoof 2

@@Akari of Duskshire

I shook my head.  I didn't know he was shy, so I said in a calmer, more like-able tone, "Sorry I startled you, I just keep tabs on everybody on whatever place on the internet I arrive to."  

@

I smiled at the smiling creature, which now that I got a good look, I was kind of creeped out of it, but I hid it and said, "Yeah, but again, you can call me Sonic, though I dunno if you can because I don't have any of the original Sonic's abilities."

I thought for a moment, then suddenly snapped my fingers, remembering the message.  "Guys, do you remember something about a message saying you've been invited to some sort of trials?"

• Brohoof 2

@,@@DwhitetheGamer,

(OOC:  I'm a "she".  XD)

Well, at least they weren't laughing.  I had to take a moment and count my blessings:  At least I'm not alone in this potentially-dangerous situation.  At least no one is panicking.  At least it isn't crowded.  

But I was still assaulted with questions.  Why were we here, not as our real-selves, but as our avatars (not that I wasn't enjoying my new form, but unlike the picture I made, I wasn't smiling)?  Why did we end up here?  Was it that-

My head shot up when Sonic made mention of a familiar message.  You've been invited to the trials, have a nice day.  I nodded vigorously.

• Brohoof 2

On the floor, a slightly skewed monitor flashed to life, initially nothing more than a static-covered screen.  Slowly, the static faded back enough that a picture began to form, albeit a dark one.  It seemed as if the entire screen was covered in black... until a single eyeball opened in the center, and began looking directly at each one of the newcomers in turn.

"... one, two, three... three more for the trials?  EXCELLENT!  These humans certainly will fall for whatever links are sent to them, aren't they?"  A titter of giggles issued from the tinny speaker on the monitor's back.  "Well, whatever Master wants, Master gets, I say!  Now, you're not in three-um, and five-um is right out... wait, don't I... know you..?"

The monitor's screen flashed with static, and a single arc of energy leapt from the screen, connecting harmlessly with the wall.

"AAH!  No Master!  No Master!  I wasn't playing with my mental blocks again, I SWEAR!  They're on the way!  They're on the way!"

The eyeball in the center of the screen had been frantically looking everywhere with a paranoid fervor during the static, yet now it refocused on the threesome still standing there.

"Okay, you pawns!  It's time to make the first move!  No castling, now - far too early in the game for such!  One side will make you grow shorter, the other side will make you grow taller... and here's a hint; it may seem like a party-time situation, but he is not a fun guy."

A ripple of a vertical hold bar rolled across the screen, and in that moment the eyeball blinked.

"... wha... what's happening... where am-"

There was a spark, a yelp of pain that issued from the tinny monitor speaker, and then the screen simply burst, smoke and black silicon glass spilling out and leaving the monitor dead as a doornail.  The eyeball was gone.

• Brohoof 1

@@Akari of Duskshire & @@Randimaxis

I saw Akari nod vigorously at me, confirming my fear.

"Great, how do we get out of here, then?" I asked.

Suddenly, I heard a static-y sound.  I covered my ears, looking to see where the source was.  It wasn't hard to find it, as it was to my right.  Then I saw a giant eye-ball as it looked at the three of us.

"Okay, you pawns!  It's time to make the first move!  No castling, now - far too early in the game for such!  One side will make you grow shorter, the other side will make you grow taller... and here's a hint; it may seem like a party-time situation, but he is not a fun guy." it said.

I looked confused at the meaning of the eye-ball's words as it disappeared.

"Party-time situation?  Fun guy?  I'm gonna take a wild guess and say Discord."

• Brohoof 2

@@Randimaxis,@@DwhitetheGamer, @,

I was silent, trying to think of anything that could get us out.  Then I saw the eye appear.  Another MLP Forums user that ended up here?  No...  He sounded...  Not right.

I'm pretty sure I looked calm and stoic about the situation, but I was deeply afraid.  He's not a fun guy?  Were we facing a life and death situation?

Then I thought I heard the voice change.  Confused, almost like I am.  It reminded me of characters in stories who get possessed and momentarily slip out of the puppet master's control.  I was left staring at where the eyeball was, contemplating, deaf to almost everything. 

• Brohoof 2

@@Randimaxis,

"W-What was that?!!?!" Vulcan thought as he took a step back from the commotion . He glanced at the two to his right , He had to hurry and there were no Ifs or Buts about it, Taking hold of them both he blitzed towards the corridor leading to the Welcoming plaza , the monitors and screens seems to buzz with static as he passed them but he hadn't noticed, his focus was one and one alone. "Get out"

@@Akari of Duskshire,@@DwhitetheGamer,

The dark corridor led to an open door on the other side , a muddied welcome matt was placed before the entrance. Vulcan could see the light shining from the other side as he let go of his friends. "Welcome my Friends, Don't Come trotting in on muddy hooves , that's what the welcome matt's for" said a friendly voice on the speakers. "Well, you heard the man" He grinned, gesturing towards the door. 

The area on the other side was much different than the outer matrix, it was a city square , with a large fountain in the middle of it,  there were, what appeared to be old run down stalls  spread across the grounds. stone statues appearing to have been frozen in place were also scattered across the plaza, they appeared to have been petrified in stone as they had went about their lives. One statue in particular was a pony with a head band around his forehead and a zelda necklace around his neck, his eyes appeared to have eye shadow on both lids. 

• Brohoof 2

@ & @@Akari of Duskshire

The next thing I knew after the recent commotion, I was grabbed by Vulcan as he bolted towards the Welcoming Plaza.  The second he did, I knew he wanted to get out of here as soon as possible.  I didn't blame him, I wanted to get out too, but grabbing me against my will wasn't really a good idea.

As we entered the Welcoming Plaza, I dusted myself off.  "Next time we have to run, don't carry us unless the injury bug hits us," I said.

I then took a look around the Plaza, seeing petrified beings, as if they were stoned going about their lives.  I curled my mouth into a snarl.  "I don't like the looks of this.  We'll have to pretend we're new here should these stoned beings somehow come to life." I stated.

I then saw what Vulcan was seeing right now, a pony with a headband and a Triforce necklace, with eye shadow on both lids.

"That's Kyoshi." I said, surprised.

• Brohoof 2

"I can't believe Oklahoma lost to Clemson..... By 20 points no less!?" I say watching another rerun of Sportscenter for the 5th today. They are currently showing highlights from the game, My stomach grew sick watching it, especially when I saw the five count'em FIVE sacks on Oklahoma Quarterback Bayer Mayfleld. "Well, at least he got 311 yards passing." He also had two COSTLY interceptions, This guy was a Heisman candidate and he chooses the ORANGE BOWL of all games to play poorly in? Oh, and speaking of the two interceptions, there showing them right now, how WONDERFUL! "Come on, I promised myselfI would watch the highlights win or lose." I certainly did...... except I was expecting Oklahoma to actually WIN when I said that. I growl at the TV and shift my position on my couch to get more comfortable. I keep on watching until it shows the dreaded fake punt Clemson did in the second half. "Actually, you know what? Screw whatever I said I'm going online." I mercifully turn off the TV and went to the counter my laptop was laying on, I take a seat in the brown leather chair near the counter and open my laptop.

I push the power button, I scratch my rear end for a bit as I wait for the computer to load. After a few minutes and more butt-scratching my computer springs to life, I enter my computer password and in no time I'm glancing at my wallpaper. A pic of Littlepip with a quote: "I would fight to make that bright and innocent past our future once again. Even if it means dashing myself against the evil and cruelty of this wasteland until there is nothing left of me." Powerful Quote don't you think? I make my way to internet explorer, Yes, I still use internet explorer, sue me. Anyway, I type in "Mlp forums" in google and sign into my account. I look at my notifications, their's only one and its a PM. "Just another day in the EXCITING life of "Flamestreak1990" Well, usually Flamestreak now I'm pretending to be littlepip. I then open up the single message its left by a guy named "From the Fool". "Not sure who this member is, a new mod, perhaps?" The message read:

"He is not the king of kings

Aqw jcxg dggp kpxkvgf vq vjg vtkcnu. Jcxg c yqpfgthwn fca. jvvru://ogfkc2.ypae.qti/k/1200/627/n/80/1/ekecfc.lri"

Well, that's...... interesting to say the least, hey, there's a link "This better not be another computer virus, I had to buy another computer entirely last time I clicked on a mysterious link like this." Yeah I should have known there's no such thing as a free download for the game "Undertale". Whatever I'll play the game eventually. Anyway, I click the link and wait for a few minutes.......... nothing happens. "Dead link? Ok then." I was just about to click on the Roleplay section, When my computer went black."The heck? It was a virus! WHAT THE F-" I was cut off when I started to move toward the computer. I wasn't concerned at first, at least not until I put my hand on the laptop and my whole hand got absorbed INTO the computer. "What's going on! Somebody HELP!" I grabbed at my chair, hoping it would keep me from getting um..... eaten? I guess, but not really because it's a computer not a actual living thing so taken? maybe? But- ugh whatever I'M GOING INTO THE COMPUTER! The chair simply got pulled with me as my whole body got...... I'm deciding on "taken" into the computer.

I wake up, it seems only about a second later, Not like I can tell everything here is....... oddly familiar. I got up, no let me rephrase that I attempted to get up only to wobble off-balance and fall, I reached my hand up to facepalm. One problem: There was no hand there, I stared back at a gray hoof. Terrified, I fell back once more, I looked at my hair. Gone was my beautiful jet black braids and in its place was an unkempt dirt brown mane. I glanced down at my body to see the color of my coat, "my" coat was completely concealed by.... stable..... brading? Wait "Am I...no couldn't... could I?"  There's was only one way I could know for sure, I checked my right foreleg. I looked on with a mix of awe and dread throughout my mind, looking at the pipbuck infused onto my leg.

That confirmed it. "Solar-flaring orgasms of Celestia! I'm LITTLEPIP!?!?" I frantically looked around for my chair only to find it had turned into....... a gun, little Macintosh to press. I walked or should I say trotted to the firearm. "Well, it's not like should just leave it. But how do I pick it up?" I touched it with a hoof. To my dismay, it didn't stick on like I thought it would. I tilted my horn down to the gun straining my head hoping it levitate I closed my eyes to focus. A few minutes later I feel a surge of force rush through my head, I opened my eyes in shock when I saw the gun LEVITATING.  I floated "my" gun in the battle saddles that were slung around my back. after a few uneventful minutes I decided to investigate the surrounding areas to see if there was a town or anything around that I could stay in until I found a way out of here. 

After trotting for what seemed like a few minutes saw...... sonic? "*sigh* as if things couldn't get weirder." I Smacked myself, just to make sure this wasn't a dream, nope, it wasn't and now my left facial check really hurt. I began to run toward sonic, if anyone could help me out in this place he surely would able to give me assistance 

"um Sonic?" I um er Littlepip said.....forget it I hope you don't mind me saying I and me instead of littlepip.........whoever I'm narrating too.
"Can you help I've got no idea where I am and I thought you might have an idea." 

Edited by Fl@mstre@k1990
  • Brohoof 2