Do you watch the NBA? If so, how often?

CP3_P0n3

14 users have voted

1. 1. Do you watch the NBA?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, every week
    • Nope, what's a NBA?

Hi all! I see there's no basketball thread here so figured I would start one. 

So, do you guys watch the NBA (and/or WNBA or NCAA)? If yes, I would love for us to talk about it. Here's a list of my NBA favourites and QA's:

1) Who's your favourite current NBA player? And why?

Chris Paul #3 of the Los Angeles Clippers. His playstyle is a true point guard as he passes the ball a lot and make assists instead of adopting a scoring style like all the other current point guards. He also contributed to a fair amount of points per game and have a great shooting range besides making passes. Moreover, he's still THE most efficient point guard and has a high ball IQ as he makes less turnovers than other players. He's also known for his sticky dribbling and superb defense. Together with Blake Griffin, they're nicknamed Lob City for their incredible alley-oops. (During his time with the New Orleans Hornets, he averaged more points since he's the only star in that team and boy was he athletic before)

2) What's your current favourite NBA team?

Los Angeles Clippers, though they're not having a great season as expected this season (dem they have loads amount of talents in that roster, Deandre Jordan, Blake Griffin, Chris Paul, Jamal Crawford, J.J Redick, Josh Smith...)

3) Who's you favourite NBA legends?

John Stockton, he may be unknown to some of you but he's one of the most respected player to this day. He played Point Guard for the Utah Jazz and like Chris Paul, he plays true point guard (which is the reason I like Chris Paul). Although, he's on another level since his team were not as talented except for Karl Malone in which he racked up a lot of points (mainly due to Stockton). They managed to reach the finals once but defeated by Mike Jordan of the Chicago Bulls. Gary Payton once said that Stockton is harder to guard than Mike Jordan since he can't slow down or stop Stockton's play. He also made a commanding NBA record of most assists and steals recorded plus a 41st in NBA all time scoring and known to be a lockdown defender. He also stayed the most efficient throughout his whole career.

3.5) Who's your favourite NBA rookie?

Blake Griffin and Kyrie Irving. I bet Kyrie's(aged 23) going to overtake Steph Curry(aged 27) and can't say much about this except that he still top Steph Curry in most points made in a single NBA game of 57 points vs Steph's 54 points. For Blake, his passing skills and mad offense just made way for his early stardom

4) Do you play basketball? and what's your physical stats and shirt number (if any)?

Yes, mainly Power Forward, sometimes I play Point Guard. Height 6' 5" Weight 196lbs (89kg) and play shirt #25. Yeah I'm pretty short for my position (mainly told to play it due to my defense).

5) What playstyle do you prefer?

Hard defense, since I have a wide body and I'm good at it. At times, I'm mostly praised for my passing but criticised for my weak offensive moves (needed to work on that :unsure: )

6) What is your best play as of now (if any)?

I once got lucky and made a mid range bank shot while being pressured hard by a center who's an inch taller, the ball just barely touched his hands

7) Do you plan on going for NBA draft?

No, not from where I live (I'm Asian).

Thought I'd post these awesome NBA moments (Paul George is sick! :yay:  He's MVPing this season.)

Yeah we're talkin about practice (lots of it!)

• Brohoof 1

I love the NBA, my current favorite team - the Chicago Bulls.

Dennis Rodman, the man himself.

1361555730_dennis-rodman-then-560.jpg

Edited by Guest

my favourite team is the cavs and my favourite player is LBJ. i don't watch many games until the playoffs start because there are so many, but i try to never miss my favourite team in the playoffs.

LBJ FOR MVP!

As much as I love for him to steal Curry's spotlight, I think PG13 should take it, that Vince-T-Mac guy just nailed it this season

I love the NBA, my current favorite team - the Chicago Bulls.

Dennis Rodman, the man himself.

If only both Bulls and Clippers do a great thing this season, which isn't so... 

Edited by CP3_P0n3

Favorite team: The San Antonio Spurs. I could watch Old Man Riverwalk and boring fundamentals every day. Unfortunately, I only see them when nationally televised, and I just can't get into watching the Knicks or Nets.

• Brohoof 1

@@PiratePony,

Maybe boring, but they got some strong late-game ender bench (unlike a certain embarrassing team) and Old Man Riverwalk still looks as deadly on the offense (that shooting range though and he's a center!)

I don't follow the NBA. If I do, it's to root against Lebron James.

even Lebum can barely carry the Cavs without Kyrie, glad he's back from injury this week.

Edited by CP3_P0n3
  • Brohoof 1

I swear Duncan could play another 5 years if he wanted to. I'm from San Antonio, so you could only imagine the journey of being a losing team to a debatable dynasty and moving to two venues in less than 20 years because of him (plus Coach Pop, Ginobili and Parker of course). Growing up it was Robinson and Eliot, plus ridonkulous Dennis Rodman BRIEFLY, which is a personality that's like the antithesis to the Spurs dynamic.

Speaking of Lebron, I don't know if I dislike him as much as I dislike the cult of Lebron. Plus the constant comparisons to Jordan. Funny though, because MJ always smack talked, was arrogant, and had a great game, but was nearly universally lovable. I wonder why.  He's gotten better though...he's at least more humble than, say, Tiger Woods.

Edited by PiratePony
  • Brohoof 1

Speaking of Lebron He's gotten better though...he's at least more humble than, say, Tiger Woods.

Clippers on the other hand... ughhh...oops wrong topic.

At first i dislike Lebum because he was kinda overated, the media just made some of his normal moves as if they are soo special, just like curry now, but after he went to Cavs, i started to like him, well LeBron-Kyrie-Love that is. Talking about the Spurs, their home games just did it on me. They are like team G.O.A.T XD

Edited by CP3_P0n3

Woot. woot.

That Clippers/Spurs game was one of the few I got to watch, and what a nail biter ending. I'm glad that the Donald Sterling drama is over for the Clippers. I never took much interest in them, but it's great to see them become the dominant LA team over the Lakers, whom I can't stand. 

By the way, what do you think of the whole Golden State Warriors wins? Specifically, the interim coach while Steve Kerr is out is not going to get credited with ANY of the 26 plus wins, because of some NBA rule, plus it's Kerr's playbook or whatever. 

• Brohoof 1

@@PiratePony

There's no surprise Warriors been dominating, I mean Steve Kerr loved those 3pt plays, which is why the Warriors or the Splash Brothers got a better look this season. Part of the wins was also due to the teammates, where Steve Kerr did a nice job improving their shooting, offense and 3pt defense, Green, Barnes, Iguodala, Barbosa and etc. They're like pseudo OKC. If it wasn't for that, Steph wouldn't have racked up so many assist this season. 

But I'd loled so hard last 2 weeks when it was...the Bucks (who knew! :D )! Who shuts them down. I mean, they're not going to be the next Pippen-Jordan team are they? They got to be joking  :love:

Edited by CP3_P0n3
  • Brohoof 1

Been missing a lot of this crazy season unfortunately. I'm excited about the second half to try and catch up (I'm more of an after Christmas break watcher).

BTW, after all the Lebron bashing the other night, I ended up behind this guy in traffic with Ohio pates.

SrussyV.png?1

Dedication.

• Brohoof 1

@@PiratePony

lol I wonder if the police let him go just because its LeBron. I bet Curry 30 will be the next plate  :P

I hope the Clippers wins against the Lakers this time after three straight blowouts, especially that CLOSE game with OKC last sunday, I was literally grinding my teeth to the bottom of the earth then it all just become trash when Annoying KD Jumper made it, really annoying clutch  :okiedokielokie:

I hope they get over their team chemistry problem (where I don't think that's where the problem really lies, they've been playing the same line up about 3 years now, its gotta be Doc Rivers, he needs to leave Boston and starts Clipping)

• 4 years later...