Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think EQG will be able to survive FIM ending?

Unlikeable Pony

So here's a question: do you think that Equestria girls will be able to survive the end of Friendship is magic? Not only the current equestria girls show, but moreover the very concept of equestria girls as a franchise, into the future of hasbro merchandising MLP?

Basically, two halves to this question. Number 1, do you think that equestria girls is strong enough that it would be able to continue on and live as a series even if Friendship is magic were to come to an end? Or do you think it would crash and burn the second FIM stopped being able to have popularity leeched to sustain itself?

Secondly, do you think that the very concept of a humanized ponies universe can be maintained as a franchise by hasbro after Friendship is magic ends and the current EQG ends? Even after FIM its almost certain the hasbro will continue making more my little pony shows, but will they make more EQG shows after the current one? Or will EQG be a small outlier that only exists to pair up with FIM and will never be redone by hasbro?

For that matter, if they DO make another EQG style show, will it always have to be linked to another pony show, or will they make "independent" horse girl cartoon series in the future without a linked pony show?

medium.png

• Brohoof 1

It would certainly not have the support of the entire fan base, but I think enough people like it in its own right that it could survive, at least for a few seasons, if adapted into a series, or a few other movies. I'd support it, and I know I'm not the only one.

• Brohoof 4

I think it will be separated from FIM quite soon, considering EG has its own twilight now.

Well do you think it will be popular/powerful enough that it will be able to continue as a franchise with another EQG series after the current one, like how MLP will continue on after FIM?

I don't think it's as popular as FiM, but it does has a big enough following, and the target audience seems to love it enough, that I think it could stand on it's own, especially with horse Twilight being less relevant in both Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games and thus moving farther from FiM

• Brohoof 2

Considering it's still a much similar franchise, and it's pretty much based off of FiM, I doubt it will continue after the FiM ends. I do, however, see Hasbro making human versions of future generation of My Little Pony.

I think it will be separated from FIM quite soon, considering EG has its own twilight now.

If it became it's own tv series, then maybe.

If not then no.

Considering it's still a much similar franchise, and it's pretty much based off of FiM, I doubt it will continue after the FiM ends. I do, however, see Hasbro making human versions of future generation of My Little Pony.

Combine all of these and you have my answer! I think it's strong enough to stand on its own, especially if it becomes its own TV show (I'd like to see that!). If it doesn't, then it could be a new thing that continues with the next generation of MLP. Personally, though, I hope FiM and EG as they are now never end!

Considering that there have been three (apparently) successful films and that there are (supposedly) at least three more on the way I would say that WqG can more than survive the ending of FiM; depending on how that franchise is treated. Especially with a strong lead like Sunset Shimmer and the fact that it does have fans it should be good, IMO.

• Brohoof 2