Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Does anyone care about the 360 anymore?

gamecubeguy214

In every single console generation you'll have many people who play the previous generation for many years after it's technically over. Especially if it's still getting games. Not everyone feels the need to jump on the newest one right away. I certainly haven't.

People are still playing the Playstation 2 today and it's been out of commission since 2006. Ten years ago.

I'm playing Far Cry 3 on my 360 right now, if that tells you anything. Next will probably be Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. The 360 will be alive for several years yet, especially since it was one of the most successful consoles of all time.

• Brohoof 5

It's been 2 years since the next gen consoles launched, so naturally the 360 will fade in popularity. While 360 on the Xbox One will keep some of the games' communities alive, but this is what is bound to happen.

Well there's still games coming out for it, and it's library is huge. It's being phased of major retailers like Target and Best Buy, but still gets a lot of good sales from Gamestop.

Hell the PS2 lasted quite a while after the PS3's release with it's last major game coming out in what, 2008? 2009?(which I'm pretty sure was Persona 4)

I'd say give it another year or two until it's done

• Brohoof 1

Well there's still games coming out for it, and it's library is huge. It's being phased of major retailers like Target and Best Buy, but still gets a lot of good sales from Gamestop.

Hell the PS2 lasted quite a while after the PS3's release with it's last major game coming out in what, 2008? 2009?(which I'm pretty sure was Persona 4)

I'd say give it another year or two until it's done

I always forget Persona 4 came out so late. I didn't get to it until like 2012 so to me it's just another PS2 game. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I still have my 360 and will most likely never sell it. That however doesn't mean I pay to much attention to it.

But if the spirit ever moves me I have a huge catalog of 360 games to play.

Same here. Just in the last year I bought like fifteen new games for 360 besides the ones I bought and beat right away.

I still own an Xbox 360 and love it. But I have to admit, I play more games on the PC. But it's just my preference of Console. Another console I want to get my hands on an Nintendo 64 completely random I know, but I want one.

Edited by midnightmane
  • Brohoof 1

I still own an Xbox 360 and love it. But I have to admit, I play more games on the PC. But it's just my preference of Console. Another console I want to get my hands on your Nintendo 64 completely random I know but I want one

A good choice. Lots of games you can't get anywhere else. The PS1 and N64 didn't share much of their library but the PS1 at least has games you can get off of Playstation Network. Last I checked there aren't many N64 games on the Nintendo store.

I still use the 360 and buy games for it.

A good choice. Lots of games you can't get anywhere else. The PS1 and N64 didn't share much of their library but the PS1 at least has games you can get off of Playstation Network. Last I checked there aren't many N64 games on the Nintendo store.

The N64 has great games like Banjo-Kazooie and Ocarina of Time, it's just that most third-party developers went to the PS1 for certain reasons.

I still use the 360 and buy games for it.

The N64 has great games like Banjo-Kazooie and Ocarina of Time, it's just that most third-party developers went to the PS1 for certain reasons.

It also had Mischief Makers, a unique version of Rayman 2, Clayfighter 64 and three Bomberman games, among other things.

But I wasn't really arguing that the library isn't good, just that it's harder to get a hold of since Nintendo conveniently forgot many of these games existed or can't get the rights to put it on their network.

I don't even play my consoles much anymore. If anything, I'll play PS4. but i play my One sometimes. and i know one day in the future i will play my 360 again just for the nostalgia trip but to me there's not much more to do on it. almost all my friends on XBL are on Xbones now. but yeah I mostly just use my PC now.

Yes. There are no games on either PS4 or Xbox One. Although i made a mistake in buying a PS4, simply because there are no games for it. I mean i just assumed it would sell PS1 and PS2 game... boii was i wrong. So i might actually wanna buy a real PS1/PS2 with real copies. Which sucks for SONY considering they are losing cash on this. But its their fault :P. Although i may wanna try the new FF7 game coming out but i dont believe its gonna be as good though. The one thing i will compliment is that the system itself is pretty good and the controller. Much better than the PS3 controller. Its just that it doesnt have any games to offer : 3

As for Xbox 360 i have much games i like on it! So i will say its still alive aslong as there is games :D

Edited by Lithophila
  • Brohoof 1

Yes. There are no games on either PS4 or Xbox One. Although i made a mistake in buying a PS4, simply because there are no games for it. I mean i just assumed it would sell PS1 and PS2 game... boii was i wrong. So i might actually wanna buy a real PS1/PS2 with real copies. Which sucks for SONY considering they are losing cash on this. But its their fault :P. Although i may wanna try the new FF7 game coming out but i dont believe its gonna be as good though. The one thing i will compliment is that the system itself is pretty good and the controller. Much better than the PS3 controller. Its just that it doesnt have any games to offer : 3

As for Xbox 360 i have much games i like on it! So i will say its still alive aslong as there is games :D

There are a ton of games for PS4. Whatchoo talkin' about?

• Brohoof 1

There are a ton of games for PS4. Whatchoo talkin' about?

Some but not enough for me to investigate into it.. I can think of some

- The Order

- Ryse Son of Rome (May come to PS4)

- Assassin's Creed games (But who cares about it after brotherhood either way : 3)

Like there is no really noticable games to say the least for me to pay interest. The only thing is the remake of FF7 that is coming. Which i dont believe will be as good either way. But its worth checking out i think.

Besides most modern games dont even function as games in the terms of experience. Like its more like watching a movie, if you compare PS1 games where all it was the experience of the game, and not the cinematic events itself. Not all modern games are like that, but most of them are.

Edited by Lithophila
  • Brohoof 1

Some but not enough for me to investigate into it.. I can think of some

- The Order

- Ryse Son of Rome (May come to PS4)

- Assassin's Creed games (But who cares about it after brotherhood either way : 3)

Like there is no really noticable games to say the least for me to pay interest. The only thing is the remake of FF7 that is coming. Which i dont believe will be as good either way. But its worth checking out i think.

Besides most mordern games dont even function as games in the terms of experience. Like its more like watching a movie, if you compare PS1 games where all it was the experience of the game, and not the cinematic events itself. Not all modern games are like that, but most of them are.

I can name at least fifteen games worth having a PS4 for. And there's plenty of games that have far more gameplay than story or thematic elements. :P

I can name at least fifteen games worth having a PS4 for. And there's plenty of games that have far more gameplay than story or thematic elements. :P

Enlighten me :). I know of that Star Wars Battlefront though. But other than that.

Edited by Lithophila

Some of these haven't released yet but definitely worth owning a PS4 for when they do:

Lords of the Fallen

Star Ocean 5

Gravity Rush 2 (with the first being remade for PS4 as well)

Final Fantasy XV

Kingdom Hearts 3

Tales of Zestiria

Fallout 4

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Death's Gambit

Dying Light

Hellblade

Nier Automota

Nioh

A few games worth looking into as well:

Exist Archive

The Forest

Tales of Berseria

For Honor

Resident Evil 2 remake

That's not even to mention all of the games that have versions on both PS4 and PS3. Why not go for the better version anyway and use that as a reason to fuel a PS4 purchase?

Looooooooooooooooooots of games, yo. :lol:

I've still got a 360. Had to fight my bro tooth and nail for it. He was gonna refurbish it and sell it. Doubt he was gonna get much for it. Certainly not 3 figures worth. He even had an XBone and still wanted to keep it. So my parents bought it for cheap and just gave it to me. Don't play much on it. I used it more for streaming like watching Netflix & Youtube on my TV. May have to get the insides dusted, which why it might've been red ringing more frequently. 

Though admittedly, I don't play video games much at all anymore. Haven't even touched one in 9 months. I'm too busy being on here. 

• Brohoof 1

In every single console generation you'll have many people who play the previous generation for many years after it's technically over. Especially if it's still getting games. Not everyone feels the need to jump on the newest one right away. I certainly haven't.

People are still playing the Playstation 2 today and it's been out of commission since 2006. Ten years ago.

I'm playing Far Cry 3 on my 360 right now, if that tells you anything. Next will probably be Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. The 360 will be alive for several years yet, especially since it was one of the most successful consoles of all time.

Absolutely right. My brother still has a 360, hasn't upgraded at all. And I never went beyond the PlayStation 2 myself. It's such a great system with an amazing library of games that I never saw the need to buy a newer console. The appeal of most new consoles seems to be their functionality as computers (Microsoft and Sony) or their gimmick controls (Nintendo). I'm not big on gimmick controllers and I already have a computer, so that was that.

The world of console as we know it is dying.

I love consoles, myself.  Some of my best friends are vehemently anti-console, PC master race types, but I love my playstations, my 360, and my various nintendos.  But I absolutely refuse to ever get a PS4 or a One.  In fact, tragic though it may be, I highly doubt I will ever buy a Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft console ever again.  The way the console world is going is terrible.  Disc locked content, day one DLC, and always on DRM are just the tip of the iceberg.  Mark my words--in a few years, console gaming will go the way of Adobe software: you won't be able to own any of it.  You'll just pay an exorbitant monthly fee for your PS Network or Live subscription, and in doing so you'll be able to rent games, and that's it.

Fortunately, the future looks bright with Steambox.  That will be the future of console, and probably the only one I will buy in the future.  In the meantime, I'm quite content to continue playing my PS3 and 360.

Which brings me to my next point--I absolute hate how when new consoles hit the scene, the old ones and their games seem to get tossed aside like stale leftovers, right about at the time when the devs have perfected the techniques for developing on those consoles, which are bursting with opportunities.  The fact is, new consoles come out so fast that gamers hardly have time to make a dent in the library of games for the current console!  In reality, one could spend practically a lifetime just playing the libraries for 360 and PS3 and never run out of games.  But instead, people just throw their tried and true PS3s and 360s out the window, having never played half the games on their to-play lists, in order to make room for the brand-spanking new consoles, complete with their plethora of bugs and game-breaking problems.  I intend to stick with my old gen consoles and actually play all the games I want, of which there is a seemingly endless supply.  Hell, there are still lots of PS2 games I still want to play, as well as Gamecube!

Do I still care about 360?  You bet I do.  And PS3.  In fact, I'll probably buy a replacement of each console before they stop manufacturing them just so I can continue basking in the warm glow of DRM-free entertainment until the end of days.

As with any new console generation, the old gen is slowly losing the focus of many, so I will admit, mine has been gathering dust after I got the One. However, the 360 shall live on, thanks to the backwards compatibility that the One now has. :) The game selection is not completely massive at this point but it will be eventually and still getting to hear that glorious startup sound on the new system is bliss. 

Long live the 360! Such an influence on gaming, despite the RROD. 

The world of console as we know it is dying.

I love consoles, myself.  Some of my best friends are vehemently anti-console, PC master race types, but I love my playstations, my 360, and my various nintendos.  But I absolutely refuse to ever get a PS4 or a One.  In fact, tragic though it may be, I highly doubt I will ever buy a Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft console ever again.  The way the console world is going is terrible.  Disc locked content, day one DLC, and always on DRM are just the tip of the iceberg.  Mark my words--in a few years, console gaming will go the way of Adobe software: you won't be able to own any of it.  You'll just pay an exorbitant monthly fee for your PS Network or Live subscription, and in doing so you'll be able to rent games, and that's it.

Fortunately, the future looks bright with Steambox.  That will be the future of console, and probably the only one I will buy in the future.  In the meantime, I'm quite content to continue playing my PS3 and 360.

Which brings me to my next point--I absolute hate how when new consoles hit the scene, the old ones and their games seem to get tossed aside like stale leftovers, right about at the time when the devs have perfected the techniques for developing on those consoles, which are bursting with opportunities.  The fact is, new consoles come out so fast that gamers hardly have time to make a dent in the library of games for the current console!  In reality, one could spend practically a lifetime just playing the libraries for 360 and PS3 and never run out of games.  But instead, people just throw their tried and true PS3s and 360s out the window, having never played half the games on their to-play lists, in order to make room for the brand-spanking new consoles, complete with their plethora of bugs and game-breaking problems.  I intend to stick with my old gen consoles and actually play all the games I want, of which there is a seemingly endless supply.  Hell, there are still lots of PS2 games I still want to play, as well as Gamecube!

Do I still care about 360?  You bet I do.  And PS3.  In fact, I'll probably buy a replacement of each console before they stop manufacturing them just so I can continue basking in the warm glow of DRM-free entertainment until the end of days.

Just to clarify something, the Xbox One has no DRM to speak of as far as I know, the PS4 does have a DRM on downloaded titles though. Doesn't Steam have a DRM on most of its games?I could be wrong there. 

Don't count on that for long. Gamestop is going to stop selling new 360s and PS3s within the next 2 months at most of their stores. Next gen is here. The 360 may resurface as a "retro" console later, but you have to consider the numbers:

35+ Million PS4s are out there now.

19+ Million Xbox Ones are out there now.

12+ Million Wii Us are out there now.

We are looking at over 66 million next gen consoles available. That's enough to where developers are going "okay, there's money to be made here" and those numbers are only growing. I imagine the DX 12 update for the Xbox One will boost their sales and the PS4's major releases are going to boost theirs. Last gen is more or less over, it's just holding on for that last breath, but it'll more than likely breath its last breath this year.

As with any new console generation, the old gen is slowly losing the focus of many, so I will admit, mine has been gathering dust after I got the One. However, the 360 shall live on, thanks to the backwards compatibility that the One now has. :) The game selection is not completely massive at this point but it will be eventually and still getting to hear that glorious startup sound on the new system is bliss. 

Long live the 360! Such an influence on gaming, despite the RROD. 

Just to clarify something, the Xbox One has no DRM to speak of as far as I know, the PS4 does have a DRM on downloaded titles though. Doesn't Steam have a DRM on most of its games?I could be wrong there. 

That is incorrect on the DRM statement. The Xbox One does in fact have DRM. It's DRM is identical to the PS4's for digital titles, you need to sign into a primary account that holds the games to play them in order to download them. You can't just go to your friend's house, sign into your Live download a game and remove your live and he can keep playing your game. Your account needs to be linked to the Xbox in order to play the game, it's the same principle with the PS4.

The two consoles DRM is identical.

Plus no DRM means you could copy a game onto another disk and it would work in the system, which it does not. So yes, both consoles have DRM, but it's the most non-intrusive DRM in existence. :P