Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fierce Chrysalis Wallpaper

Nico

I decided that Chrysalis deserved a wallpaper that held true to how sinister she looks, and I hope that this one accomplished that. I love vectoring her in a minimalist style, as well.

I'm keeping this image separate from my previous Chrysalis wallpaper as I feel they are drastically different, despite both being minimalist images of her. Any comments are welcome.

• Brohoof 6

I like this one better, too! Great work, Nico. The minimalist style evokes a (fittingly) creepy aura.

I'm curious to see how a full-detail Chrysalis wallpaper might look, though. Got any plans to make one in the near future?

I like this one better, too! Great work, Nico. The minimalist style evokes a (fittingly) creepy aura.

I'm curious to see how a full-detail Chrysalis wallpaper might look, though. Got any plans to make one in the near future?

I don't currently have any plans for it in particular, but I'll probably make one at some point. I'm really in love with Chrysalis' design, so I think I'm far from done working on things with her.

She looks scary without pupils : P

That's kind of what I'm aiming for with this style. :P

Chrysalis looks really good in this "minimalist" style. I like this one better than your previous one.

I feel that the minimalist style really evokes a more sinister side of her, especially with the pupil-less eyes. I am also more partial to this one; the other one didn't seem very 'evil', really.

• Brohoof 1

I feel that the minimalist style really evokes a more sinister side of her, especially with the pupil-less eyes. I am also more partial to this one; the other one didn't seem very 'evil', really.

I agree with you, I feel that the fangs she have has also added to this feel, although your previous vector had them as well, I think the pose that they are in has made them seem more the center of the image.

Edited by Flare^99999999999

I love minimalistic wallpapers, and this one is definetely unique. It seems like most would go for a nice, calm pose from the character, but Chrysalis looks rather evil here. I do like the effect on her eyes, how her pupils missing make her seem even more evil.

Basically, great job. ^^

I agree with you, I feel that the fangs she have has also added to this feel, although your previous vector had them as well, I think the pose that they are in has made them seem more the center of the image.

I opted not to vector the inside of her mouth and instead leave it wide open, as the pink color seems like it would make her look less ferocious, and I did want the fangs to be very prominent this time.

I love minimalistic wallpapers, and this one is definetely unique. It seems like most would go for a nice, calm pose from the character, but Chrysalis looks rather evil here. I do like the effect on her eyes, how her pupils missing make her seem even more evil.

Basically, great job. ^^

I went for a more calm pose in my previous one (which is also posted here and on my dA), and I didn't like it very much for Chrysalis. She seemed like something sinister was needed for her wallpaper, so I made this one, opting to do all I could to up the 'evil' feel.

I really like minimalistic wallpapers, they make desktops look really clean ^_^. I might have made the background a bit darker, but it still looks awesome as it is :).

I've always been wondering, how much time does it take to make something like that?