Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Mechquestria: My Life As A Equine Robot (00110010)

Denim&Venöm

@@Denim&Venom,

"No not really, I'll get over it being with you will massively increase that speed but, I can't talk about the talk was confidential sorry. I just want to lie down take on this armor and forget about it really, no one has gotten to me like that in years his words just hit home."

• Brohoof 1

@,

*sigh* "What Live Wire say this time? She can take her role as principal a bit too seriously. Did you her a glorified babysitter? She absolutely hates that. She definitely makes sure you know that she's the authority figure and not just some pencil pusher." 

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom

"I said nothing of the sort, I'm not hear to do anything but convey a message, she was...not that helpful...can we just talk about something else please?" Emerald snuggled into Angel's tail,. "You have a lovely tail Angel it's as soft as a new born foals fur coat, nicer than mine don't get much time to keep myself in good order."

• Brohoof 1

@,

"Well, I guess just the simple fact that you're royal guard was enough to get her ire.  She fought tooth & hoof to keep you guys off campus. If rumors are to be believed, she's had personal issues with the guard going all the way back to her organic days." Angel then bristled & blushed at the comment about her tail and Emerald gettign a face full of it. "Y-y-yeah? I never thought I did anything special. Just found time during the to b-brush it. Th-though maybe switching over to Carousel conditioner might've done the trick." 

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom,

"Ha conditioning, wish I had the time to do that showers are in and out soap to clean and that is it, for being a glorified guard dog...she called me one of them I get little time to myself if i'm not doing somthing i'm filling out all sorts of paper work, orders, reports, supplies I rarely get any time to myself and when I do I cant stand so strait to sleep, my life is all work and little to non existent play, maybe I will take a week off my 2IC can take over for a week I have years of leave if I wanted it 110 strait years of service you amount a load of off time and I dont get sick so sick days too, I could have 7 and half years off strait if I wanted."

• Brohoof 1

@,

*Pffft!* "S-s-seven!? If I were drinking, I would've done a spit take.  110 years? But, can't you like, have paid retirement if you serve for twenty consecutively, like getting minimum wage every hour just for living? I'm pretty sure that's a thing. Heck, all your living expenses are fully covered if you serve forty, if I recall. So wait, why are you still working here and not lounging in her full metal majesty's private penthouse suite, sipping on literal bloody Mary's courtesy of the taxpayers?"

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom

Feeder said as his eyes lit up

"So,  Tomcat, what core are ya using, who helped ya with it, how compact is it in there. what can ya do, and what would you think is your weakness?"

He turned to the bot that was adjusting one of her teeth and said, 

"Pretty much the same question. Sorry, don't think we were introduced. Name's Feeder, what's yours."

He looked down and said nervously, 

"Ya see, I never worked with any cyborg or robot powered on, so I would have to turn ya off. If that's alright with ya?

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom,

"That would be the case for most guards yes, but I've been guarding Twilight since the return of Princess Luna, back when she was the Element of Magic, I have never really giving it thought it's my life and I have an infinite amount of time so I don't know, never thought about retiring I mean I have more money than I know what to do with, I'm a VIP with the bank my account alone is a 5th of the borrowing capital been with them since they opened their doors. Never had any time to spend my money on anything really...though get some implants would be good I tried to get some when they were new and expensive but my body rejected them maybe I can try again?"

• Brohoof 1

@@reader8363

"Uhh, I think those questions are a little personal there, pal. You talk to all the mares you meet like that? I'd hope not. Why don't you ask me my saddle size while you're at it?" 

"You may address me as Embex, the first Changeling Queen to transcend into the technological age." she said as she closed her optics, held a hoof to her chest and smiled coyly.

"Allegedly."

And Embex's posturing died right then & there. "Are we seriously gonna go though that again?"  "I'm just sayin you could be anything under neath that design." "I have pictures with my hive! You saw them!" "All I know is that you managed to snag a pic with some changelings and live to tell about it. Hay, for all we know, that photo could be doctored."

"Graaaooowww!" 

"Oh come on not you too!"

@,

"So, you're more or less doing this because you can't think of anything better? Cause it seems like you don't really like this job all that much. And does Princess Twilight of all ponies need protection anymore? Not only is she arguably the strongest magic user in the land, her chassis is also state of the art cutting edge, the predecessor to whatever advancements are gonna hit Equestria in the coming years. I feel like she of all ponies would say that you've earned a retirement full of luxury and indulgence." 

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom,

"Your making an convincing argument, I'll give you that Angel but it's all I know I've been in the guard longer than anyone else in history. It would be a major step for me to retire just outright what would I do with my life, well unlife? I mean let's see where this week takes us and go from there? Anyway where is you house or room or dorm or what ever you said before. Maybe I'll look on the net and find some fancy upgrades for myself."  

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom,

Feeder looked confused and said,

"Why would I ask the saddle size?"

He turned to embrex and said,

"what is going on here?"

He said as he sat down, 

"I only ask these questions in case something happens, or I need to get a part. The weakness, abilities, and compact is something I just want to know. 

• Brohoof 1

@reader8363

"Colt, you really don't hang around with Equinoids much do you. Asking stuff like that is pretty personal. It's not something you openly confiding to unless it's with a licensed mechanic."

@,

"Uuhhh, I think it was.." Angel stopped and began to look around. "Back there." She then turned around the way they came, Emerald in tow. "All I'm saying is that there is plenty to do and explore. Ever thought about being a student? The GI bill and your tenure as a guard would cover several doctorates. Ever tried studying your own vampirism? See what exactly makes it so on the genetic, chemical, molecular, atomic & thaumaturgical levels? Maybe go to the Terran earth, see the sights and sounds of a non-magical realm founded on sub atomic chaos. Become a goddess to fans of the vampiric subculture. You said you had a lot of money. Maybe buy your own swath of land, declare independence and form your own country. Heck, maybe take a stab at becomign a princess yourself. You already live forever. Adding a horn shouldn't be too difficult. 

It just feels like doing one thing because that's all you know... I dunno, it comes across as a very human mentality. Do it becasue you're good at, and do so for the rest of your life, because you don't have the time to figure anything else out, not when you have to support the cost of living and benefit society in the long run.  Us ponies & equinoids, and especially you and the princesses, aren't tied down by those limits. It's something we all took for granted for a long time. But seeing how they live life over there? It really brought it all into perspective."

The approached the entrance to the duplex, a building that looked more like several houses connected and stacked atop each other, rather than just an apartment building. A click was heard as the doors confirmed as the sensors confirmed Angel's presence. "Oh and if your looking for more integrative tech, well you could give the model I'm using a chance." 

• Brohoof 2

@@Denim&Venom

"Well I am good at being a guard and I have seen earth 5 times now for various reasons although I was on duty most of the time when I was there. I like the sound of learning something new and more about my condition under a science setting but I'm not smart enough to get in here I mean there was a reason I sighed up with the guard in the first place of I may of gone to collage first, but I failed a lot of times even to enter the lowest collages..." Emerald felt ashamed by her lack of intelligence. "I can hit things, but I'm really sharp in the mind department. i'd fail the entrance tests, what upgrades have you got anyway?"

• Brohoof 1

@

Grant's left ear heard a soft >ping<, and the mail icon appeared on his visor.  A spindly arm with a long-fingered hand reached out into the air and seemed to almost compose an imaginary symphony of some sort; in the visor, files were accessed and the incoming email addressed to Twitch came into view.

Great!  The application finally came back, and I can-... 

{Email: T.Glitch@Manehttantec.EQ.govt.}

{{Priority}}

Twitch this is Crystal hi.

..?  Crystal?  But she's right over... there...

Your need to watch your language you sound too human,

Grant's blood turned to ice.

and yes I guessed that you are behind that cute robo face of yours,

And his own flesh and blood human face turned scalding hot.

just watch your words.

Crystal Note.
{Email}

He was stunned.  Crystal had figured him out... and thought Twitch was cute.  Inwardly, something was giggling like a daffy schoolgirl - and it was in an all-out, knock-down scrap with the other something in him that wanted to get the transfer business done as soon as possible.  

It was a close fight.

Twitch's eyes looked up to see Crystal looking right back at him.  His face rolled into an uncertain smile... but a smile, nonetheless.

@@Denim&Venom,

Feeder shrugged his shoulders and said,

"Guess they never had a problem with me answering my question, and I have been all over Equestria. I'm basically a doctor, and how different is mechanic and doctor. They both fix creatures up. Except one works with Robots and Cyborg and the other one work with living creatures. Not saying Cyborg and bot aren't living creature. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Randimaxis,

Crystal smiled back at him, then gave him a wink. "So Twitch how would we start the transfer process, it's not my area of expertise..." She then went back to her pad typing up another email. 

{Email: T.Glitch@Manehttantec.EQ.govt.}

I have a feeling that I am right then since you are smiling at me. Your secret is safe with me your going to be one of us anyway so what harm could you casue? By the way what is your human name? Or would you like to tell me in person, that is right yes? 

Crystal Note.

{Email}

She looked back up at him waiting for a visual or email response.

• Brohoof 1

@@reader8363,

"Well how the heck were we supposed to know maintenance had a medical mechanic on staff? Actually, we still don't know. Where's your licence by the way?"  

@@Randimaxis,@@captainborgue

*Clang!* "Hey focus!" CD said to twitch as she thwacked him on his cranium. "This is very delicate and we can't afford to loose the AI trapped in here." *Beep!* "Okay cool, the keys are done." CD grabbed the keys in her magic and hovered them over to her. 

@,

"Don't say that. You sound intelligent enough to me. Trust me, if freaking Tomcat can get in to UEQM of all places, so can you. Ever heard the story about Captain Dash? No wait, of course you have. Yup were probably there. She had trouble memorizing the lessons required to join the Wonderbolt reserve. It was though the help of Princess Twilight that she found about her alternative style of learning. Maybe it's the same with you. The standard model just doesn't cut it for everypony. I believe there's a human saying that describes their own convoluted education system: A fish is an excellent swimmer, but if you judge it by it's ability to climb a tree, it's gonna feel pretty bucking worthless." She said as she got into the freight elevator.

"As for my upgrades? Well they were designed by Top Cow industries and manufactured by Image industrial. They were based on the artistic vision of human artist Marco Silvestri. Let's see": She pulled out her visor. "WB-185-1995 Pezzini model. Quite the lucky find for me. It was a joint Equestrian-Terran venture, which was why I managed to find it so cheap, and yet why it hasn't been as heard of. Works like a dream though."

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom,

Feeder smiled embarrassed and said,

"Actually, I'm a student, but I have helped out in the hospitals and natural disasters."

He didn't say that he did it only once and that was just a fire. He dug into his bag and started tossing stuff, but he didn't toss his water bottle though. He stood up and said as he showed a card, 

"This is how I would get in the hospitals, but I prefer the natural medicine."

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom,

"So your half connected to the net aren't you with that? I'd like that be something useful or I can just watch youTube vids all day I really like that human site it's got something for everyone." She took a few steps to Angel, "I'm sick of waiting." She lifted her hoof to catch her face and she lent in and kissed her again, she wanted to do that since she saw her again. Maybe she was falling in love with a pony decades her junior, why she was interested in Emerald was beyond her she was of another age, if she wasn't a vampire she'd be butt ugly by now.

• Brohoof 1

@@reader8363,

"So it says here you're pretty much a nurse.  Medical database doesn't say where you went to school though. Pretty sure you have to go to school in order to learn the intricacies of both Equine and Equinoid anatomy." 

@

Angel just let herself fall back against the wall, letting Emeralds kiss consume her. No resistance would be amounted on her part. Or that would be the case, ha they not reached their floor. Though sheer willpower, Angel broke the kiss, and took in another deep breath. She was forgetting to breathe a lot today. "Best we do this in my room. Others are gonna need this elevator.." She leaned in close. "...And we do not want to be interrupted." The doors opened and Angel lead the way down the hall, tail firmly draped around Emerald's neck.  

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom,

Emerald was in a trance as she lead her to her own place, she was just taken by her luscious tail, Angel's smell was intoxicating she could hear her heart racing and it was also adding to her state of euphoria, this is what she needed and the small talk was nice but she need some contact... 

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom,

"Actually, I taught myself, it wasn't hard when working with every living creature."

He looked through his notebook and said,

"I think the only thing I have helped was an alicorn."

He sat down and took a gulp of water, then said, as he twisted the lid on, 

"I think the only time I almost made a bad decision was helping a robber, but it worked out in the end."

• Brohoof 1

@@@Denim&Venom

"Sor-r-r-r-r-r-ry!" 

Twitch's sheepish smile appeared, but then his muzzle took on a fully-serious set.  He returned to the task at hoof, ready for what lie ahead.  He didn't want to let Professor CD down... or look bad in front of the others.  Particularly Crystal.

Oh, what am I getting myself into?

He watched the newly-moulded keys float over, and glanced to CD.

"Okay, the combo you've put on those keys just needs to be the one you put in the system when we activate the reset pins... okay, when you've got the trigger-flip, count off slowly - we'll both pull ON three, if you're good with that.  While we hold those trips, slide the key in; that should do it."

He positioned the manipulator arm at a precise angle, and his gaze was riveted.

"Ready when you are, professor."

• Brohoof 1

@@reader8363,

Embex stopped with the repairs. "Yeah, I'm still not quite sold on shelling out all my private inner workings. Most have to...well... earn that right."  She said in a lowering voice and a slick grin. "But, if you wanna help, then you could so some surface repairs." She let go of Tomcat's repair arm. She approached Feeder and lowered herself down to the floor. "Just remember. You screw this up and I'm suing for malpractice." 

@@Randimaxis,

"Clocks synchronized to atomic standard."  She levitated her key to the EquiTech lock. "We get this opened, we'll have the container hooked up to the console in no time." She inserted it. "1...2...3!" 

@,

Angel waved her hoof over the apartment door. The unit unlocked and the door slowly swung open. "Bitches, I'm home!"  No response. The only source of light coming from the afternoon sun. Angel started listening in intently. Silence. "Okay good, they didn't beat us back here." She shut the door behind Emerald. A small kitchen near the entrance. A hexagonal living room in the center, doors on each side, couch & a 2D crystal panel TV in the center. Pictures adorned the walls. Tomcat standing with two other mechs, a stallion and a mare by their designs. Daffidaisy standing with four ponies, two older, tow younger it appeared. All cybrogs. There was a picture of Embex in the center of a cluster of changelings. More pictures of thsoe three and their families. Yet, none of Angelscape.  

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom,

Emerald walked around, "this is nicer than my current house in Canterlot, well it's not a house it's a small one bedroom apartment...hold there are not pictures of you on the walls?" Emerald walked over to one of the seats in the kitchen and started removing her amour she was going to not wear that for a week, she'd send an email that she was talking a break later, much later.

• Brohoof 1