Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Perfect Gift for a Brony Partner?

GeekySonic

I am not sure if a similar topic exists, but I couldn't find one. Then again, I am using mobile, and I am rather inept on this.

So, I recently got back together with my girlfriend, who amazingly is also a Brony. I've been wanting to get her something pony-related that she'd like, but I don't know what.

I'd feel childish just giving her a ponified drawing of her. But her mother and sister are also Bronies, and have given her pony merch as well. Mostly shirts; she has so many that I chucked that possibility immediately.

I don't know if she has any of the comic books (her mother has a comic book collection, that's all I know).

I guess I don't even need to get her MLP merch; we're both into other really geeky things. But basically, I need some general input.

Any suggestions?

Well the obvious is to at least focus on her favorite pony. Or her favorite episode. 

welovefine has a bunch of mlp stuff, and it goes beyond shirts. I've found beautiful art on there, if you want to go that route.. 

If you're going outside of the fandom for ideas, just think of her, her likes, and dislikes, or do something that reflects on your relationship. Something that focuses on her, but has a splash of you in it...

I hope that helped, sorry if I jumped all over the place..

Or you could do something NOT MLP related since getting her something MLP related would be predictable and not as special. Something that requires more thought would be much more appreciated I'm sure.

Hmmm... @Key Sharkz might have a good point concerning predictability, however, that isn't always a bad thing.

@@GeekySonic, In my opinion, it depends on what you might be willing to spend.  If you have enough money, I think two small gifts - one MLP related, and one not related - would be nice.

I think what you could do if you had enough money is buy her a small, low priced plush of her favorite pony (if you know which is her fav)...  And then buy her something from Bath and Body Works (trust me, girls love that stuff).

Examples:

Plush from Amazon

Bath and Body Lotion

So, if you can afford both, that'd be great.  But if you cannot afford both, choose what you think would best suit her taste.

~ Miles

It depends on how much you really are willing to spend. Having an OC plushie made for her, is a fun and creative idea. (It depends if she has one) but, could get a bit expensive depending.

Seeing as she gets a bunch of pony stuff, maybe it's better to go the original route though. It really depends on what you think/ how much you're willing to spend.

Or you could do something NOT MLP related since getting her something MLP related would be predictable and not as special. Something that requires more thought would be much more appreciated I'm sure.

I agree with this, something MLP related is obvious if you are both bronies, maybe think of something else she likes, if I had a Girlfriend this valentines who gave me a plushie i'd be like ... 

Thats awesome... thanks...   :lie: 

Like another person has already said, avoid getting her something MLP related. It's obvious and won't he as special. Sure, you could somehow incorporate her favorite pony into it, but straight up pony isn't really the way to go. Surprise her.

I mean, yeah I like ponies, but when I get a gift and it's pony related, I don't think much of it because I already get so many pony gifts.

You can never go wrong with a 4DE plush.

I concur. I own 2 4DE plushies (Twi and Dashie of course  :P  :wub:) and am very impressed with the quality for the amount that I spent. 

Of course like others have said before me, it doesn't really matter what gift you give your partner. So long as it comes from the heart, i'm sure she'll love anything that you get her :muffins:.