Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Fitness advice! :D

City Bread

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How long should it take for me to go from a bloated stomach to bulging abs by doing yoga every day?

We all have sixpacks, it's just a matter of being able to show it - and that all depends on your fat percentage. I believe your abs begin to show around 10%, maybe lower.

I don't know if yoga can do the trick lol, but in my experience, cardio is always the way if you want to be able to show off.  :pout:

(edited)

We all have sixpacks, it's just a matter of being able to show it - and that all depends on your fat percentage. I believe your abs begin to show around 10%, maybe lower.

I don't know if yoga can do the trick lol, but in my experience, cardio is always the way if you want to be able to show off.  :pout:

Should it help if I go to the gym every day, working out my entire body for eight hours straight, then going home and only eating healthy food? Also, my parents told me that I'm in a phase where my stomach will always be bloated until the phase ends, and I'm unable to be physically fit until the phase ends. She told me about my cousin going through the phase. Is this a thing?

Edited by gamecubeguy214

(edited)

Should it help if I go to the gym every day, working out my entire body for eight hours straight, then going home and only eating healthy food? Also, my parents told me that I'm in a phase where my stomach will always be bloated until the phase ends, and I'm unable to be physically fit until the phase ends. She told me about my cousin going through the phase. Is this a thing?

It very much depends on how old you are. I personally have never heard of this phase, but again - it depends on how old you are. But don't go overboard, just take it easy. Your body needs resting days and eight hours A DAY is way overkill imo.  :pout:

Edited by Guest

It very much depends on how old you are. I personally have never heard of this phase, but again - it depends on how old you are. But don't go overboard, just take it easy. Your body needs resting days and eight hours A DAY is way overkill imo.  :pout:

How long is a reasonable session of intensely working out then?

How long is a reasonable session of intensely working out then?

I would say around 2 hours is gonna cut it. 3-4 days a week.

I would say around 2 hours is gonna cut it. 3-4 days a week.

Ok, so I have two physical education classes this week, the next week being three, and this pattern goes on until the end of the year. The class period starts at 7:45 AM at first period, and for those weeks that start with B days I work out for a couple of hours one day, I ask my doctor how many calories I should consume a day, track the calories I'm eating, and go on a limited diet that I won't enjoy but my body will. This will help my health tremendously?

Ok, so I have two physical education classes this week, the next week being three, and this pattern goes on until the end of the year. The class period starts at 7:45 AM at first period, and for those weeks that start with B days I work out for a couple of hours one day, I ask my doctor how many calories I should consume a day, track the calories I'm eating, and go on a limited diet that I won't enjoy but my body will. This will help my health tremendously?

First of all, how much do you weigh and how tall are you? This plays an important role.

Second, just avoid the shitty food and you will be fine - you know what I mean.

Third, eat whole grain, drink lots of water and a good nights sleep, that'll help you right away.

First of all, how much do you weigh and how tall are you? This plays an important role.

Second, just avoid the shitty food and you will be fine - you know what I mean.

Third, eat whole grain, drink lots of water and a good nights sleep, that'll help you right away.

I weigh about 150 pounds, or about 70 kilograms. I've never really kept track of my height before, but I know I'm about the height of your average person in the early stage of the teen years, but only to PonyLaces am I comfortable sharing my specific age.

Vegetarian here, anything i should keep in mind for a unique diet? Ive done my research but untill i start trying to bulk up i dont think i will have a problem right? Like right now im just losing fat and not needing tons of protien or anything i think

As a person who got skinny after being a bit chubby to the point where my coworkers were amazed...I'm no expert but I can give tips.

The "stop eating!" or "stop eating so much!" mentality for getting thin is toxic...Yes I eventually had to face the music and realize I was eating too many cookies in one sitting...But you don't have to quit your loving relationship with food to get thin. You just need a more...................Healthier relationship. (I totally didn't intend to use this pun.)

I love stuff like sandwiches, ice cream, and cookies, and pizza. Tip is, I go glutten free...There are restaurants close to where I live that offer glutten free pizza crust and bread for sandwiches...Catch is...glutten free options usually cost a bit more.

There are also grocery stores that sell glutten free doughnuts, and macaroons...I am eating coconut milk ice cream right now and it's the best.

Catch is...Glutten free cookies and cake and ice cream are usually made of coconut milk and flour...My boyfriend hates coconut. >.> (But I still love him!) But not everyone loves coconut I realize...

So yeah...I just improved my diet...I used to do a ton of cardio and pig out and ended up getting bigger than I started...Honestly I learned a diet is more important to get thin...I still do cardio (I walk everywhere) exercise just helps give stamina.

My father used to be a semi-professional body builder and I've learned a lot about exercise and diet from him. 

Here is some advice: 

If you're going to the gym to build muscle and you're not doing cardio your workouts should probably be a max of 35 minutes. Mine average 30 minutes with stretching. If you're spending an hour in a gym you're either not working hard enough or not fast enough, usually both since the faster your workout the more strenuous it is.

A good tip for those who are heavyset and want to lose a large amount of weight, hit the bike first. You can shed a lot of weight taking a bike class at your local gym, and you won't destroy your knees. While I do actually enjoy running it can have serious repercussions on your knees for those who are big and you'll be paying for it in about 25 years. 

As for diet, whatever you do don't stop eating. Too many people think that eating little or skipping meals will help but it doesn't. If you skip meals you're metabolism will slow and your body will try to retain the food longer will can make you bloaty. Furthermore when you eat that next meal you'll want to eat a lot since you're very hungry from skipping a meal. That large meal to supplement the skipped meal will just add more weight to you since you've already slowed down your metabolism. The entire thing is counterproductive; better to eat terrible food than not at all.

• Brohoof 3

Vegetarian here, anything i should keep in mind for a unique diet? Ive done my research but untill i start trying to bulk up i dont think i will have a problem right? Like right now im just losing fat and not needing tons of protien or anything i think

Nope. As long as you're keeping your calories to a reasonable level and are eating a variety of protein sources you'll be fine.

• Brohoof 1

After working out I have a blueberry/milk/pure whey protein milkshake. But I don't work out enough and I'm getting some chub. I mean I tried doing bicep curls or a variation of that then I got a single spider vein my mom pointed out so I googled it and stopped and that's because if I put too much pressure on my mid section it says that can cause it for some reason. So I ended up trying pullups instead because its supposed to be a good weight-free workout for the muscles. Then I didn't notice I over did it then my arms were sorta shaking a lot at night and sorta painful and I couldn't sleep much a couple weeks ago from it. Now I'm wanting to get back into exercising more because noticing some chub again. I did some dancing and jogging in place to music. But I heard to get leaner strength training helps more than cardio because it burns calories post-exercise. I should prolly get more sun though so may try some walks, but I wanna remove the chub I doubt that'd do it and because I'm tall and the principles of torque effect me more I can only do a couple push-ups at a time and I'm hesitant to use my weights again, don't have one of those benches for bench presses or anything either.

(edited)

When I had to lose 20lbs to get in shape for my job, I initially thought to starve myself. But this wasn't the way to go. Not only was it incredibly hard to do, but not really the proper way to re-acclimate the body. Diet is only half of the story. Without some exercise, for me anyway, I could have never boosted my system and burned those calories (or put the calories where they should be instead of around my waistline). 

I started at the gym doing cardio; ski machine, bike, stair-stepper. I coupled this with a modest diet. Not a starvation diet but something I could realistically stick with (you can't tackle it all at once). Before and after every meal I would drink a large glass of water to fill the stomach and metabolize the food. Between meals, if I got hungry, I'd use a survivalists trick of eating a breath mint to trick my mind into thinking I was taking in food. Believe it or not this actually helped.

At first it was slow-going but it picked up momentum very quickly. Once the weight came off it was much easier to keep it off because the body was already readjusted to its new weight. Now I eat normally and do some light exercise once or twice a week and it's fine.  

To me, the most important thing is motivation. I wanted the job I was trying for desperately and used that to focus myself. It worked (and I even got the job). It's important to set a goal. If not a large one, try smaller ones. Instead of thinking "I gotta lose 20lbs now" try thinking 2lbs or so at a time. Each time you reach that small goal, give yourself a small reward (this can be a going to movie, buying a toy or a special experience befitting your success) That way it doesn't seem so daunting and you can keep yourself going.

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 years later...