general Do you think women should shave?

chili

Eh, I mean do what you want. I'm a lady so I do, but it's not like a super duper priority unless i'm going on a date or something.
If I was to be like, going out with a girl, yeah i'd want her to shave. That's my preference though, nothing more.
I could care less if guys shave or not. (Except for chest hair. For some reason it just bothers me idk why.)

I personally think both sees are generally more attractive with less hair, but at the same time, whether or not they shave has nothing to do with what I find attractive, it's all about whether or not they want to shave.

I generally don't shave anything until the hair there is long enough that it is physically uncomfortable. If someone else of either sex chooses never to shave at all, good for them. If they choose to shave everyday (because it's what they want), good for them.

When I have romantic partners, I don't let trivial things like whether they shave off body hair or not factor in, so I really see only one reason anyone should shave: because they want to.

carl_grimes_sig_v3_by_sir_carl_poppa-d9y

I'll answer this myself too, just to get it from my point of view.

People, no matter what gender, should never feel like they have to shave. Hair is natural for all humans and media is the only reason to as of why we think shaving is an attractive factor to be doing!

I, as a genderfluid person, biologically female, sometimes feel ashamed if I don't shave, which is wrong. It's something in my mind that tells me that people will look at me weirdly if I go to the beach with somewhat hairy legs, or if my bikini-line isn't as well trimmed as it "should be". I would love a change in this?? This would not be if it hadn't grown so much in media and printed it down in our brains. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of women out there who hates the idea of shaving and think it's a pain in the ass to do it once every other day but they feel as if they must to be accepted by society.

I've heard many people saying that it's okay for men to not shave, while it's disgusting if women don't. Which is just stupid, to be honest. Society brainwashes everyone from the day they are born. It's not even an overstatement to say so.

I'm very proud of you guys though, so far there have been a great response to this thread and I honestly hoped for no less. Good going, everypony. :D

Edited by Collibri
  • Brohoof 2

Body hair isn't there so we could get rid of it. It's part of our body and should be embraced. I hate shaving and never shave. I don't have facial hair since I'm a pre-hrt trans man, but I haven't shaved since middle school (about 5 years ago) and I look great. I don't think women should have to shave. Before World War 1 or 2 (one of those) women didn't shave. Razor companies shamed women for having body hair because the men were at war. I don't get why a lot of people think something as natural as body hair is bad.

• Brohoof 2

I'm irresistibly attracted to a woman with a baby blue coat and a lovely tuft of chest fur, so...... .. . ... .

And I don't care if men shave or not. xD  I don't like shaving because my face usually looks as though it's been in a fight with the razor afterwards.  A fight that my face clearly lost.

• Brohoof 4

zbVhNRD.gif
"It uses the faculty of what you call imagination. But that does not mean making things up. It is a form of seeing." - from "The Amber Spyglass"

ofc they should. even for men, hair can make your skin feel abit uncomfortable sometimes and it can get abit out of hand if you don't keep it neat so they are going to need to shave at somepoint XD

Edited by Malinter

no_one_bucks_with_rainbow_dash_stamp_by_  

My OC's:  MalinterRahl, Vengeful impact & alias-the-marked-one

First fic i've written since forever here

"Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier." most legendary quote ever.

Women should shave only if they want to. I have no objection to women who don't shave, and even if I did, my opinion is irrelevant anyway. :D

I don't really care if men don't shave either. It doesn't really affect me, so it doesn't matter.

Edited by Detritus

I think women definitely need to shave...like.....try to imagine the Amazon forest growing under both of their armpits....disgusting, right?

and guys....well guys can do whatever the fuck they want.

post-8308-0-49742700-1446098297.png.2c7f92ff3d8583a4833783aecb21077b.png

Think For Yourself.

Be Yourself.

@@Rawzy,

Not trying to sound like a SJW here but why is it so different for guys and women? I have to be honest as well, if I saw another girl with bushy armpit hair I would find it ''gross'' too but it's just what we have been conditioned into thinking x) Also hairy men are gross in my opinion :D  

• Brohoof 6

-Amateur Artist-

img-37273-1-gdL8C17.png

http://jestwinged.deviantart.com/

Signature by ~Kyoshi~

@@Rawzy,

Not trying to sound like a SJW here but why is it so different for guys and women? I have to be honest as well, if I saw another girl with bushy armpit hair I would find it ''gross'' too but it's just what we have been conditioned into thinking x) Also hairy men are gross in my opinion :D  

Well it's like...I dunno....you know how women don't usually grow as much facial hair or leg/arm hair as men or they just shave it off? well....that means that they are gonna have to shave their armpits even more because that shit grows much much faster than leg or arm hair.

Alright so....try to imagine a guy going up to another guy and whispering into his ear "I like hairy girls"....you know I'd be a little bit creeped out if someone said that to me...

Edited by Rawzy

post-8308-0-49742700-1446098297.png.2c7f92ff3d8583a4833783aecb21077b.png

Think For Yourself.

Be Yourself.

It's normal to have hairs (I don't have any :C) There's nothing wrong with it xD There's no such thing as men/women should/must shave, they can shave whenever they want to ;) <3 

• Brohoof 1

img-29938-1-img-29938-1-geld3i4.jpg

Equestria Girl Artist Infernus's adorable brother  :kindness: / PROJECT: Echo, My Little Kohai   B)

Having a bad day? Come relax in my profile, I'll try my best to make you at least smile a bit..  :blush: 

Well, i have an female OC who isnt shaved, since i think fur is cute.

On a Human...i dont know to be honest. I actually cut my hair, except for the legs.

I mean, if at one day i would have a girlfriend, which i highly doubt by the way and she wouldnt shave that much...i dont think that i would say something, but it will probably be a little strange for me at first, but as long as she doesnt have a beard, i might just get used to it. ( i dont have a beard either, so its just fair. )

I would just be happy that i have a girlfriend.

In General...everybody is allowed to do whatever they want with their hair. Its none of my business.

Signature.png.dfe30e494cadddd2f98e87ea7e3841eb.png

Sig made by Kyoshi

Personally I prefer when women shave, but they by no means should. Personally I shave whenever I'm going out or meeting people, but if I'm just slobbing around at home I'll just take a break and relax. that shit takes time, yo

Vh9PDd9.png

I hope some people get the joke ^^

I'm really not in any position to say anyone has to do anything, but I'm not attracted to girls who don't. Although to be fair, whenever my girlfriend doesn't shave her legs for some time I just call her Olga and move on. As for men...I really don't care. I shave my pits simply because it gets less gross when I sweat, but what other guys do is their business.

Do women have to shave?  Of course not, and they aren't under any obligation to do so.

I'm male, I shave my face every day (except weekends (sometimes)) and I trim various other parts because I prefer to do so.  Do I like a woman to have smooth legs etc?  Yes I do, but as I am single at the moment then there isn't a woman in the world who should feel that she needs to shave her legs on my account.

Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head over this issue, people do what they want to do because they want to do it.

Edited by Concerned Bystander

qDMpMKO.jpg

I don't care what people do with their body hair. I personally do shave, but I know plenty of girls who do not and they have no problem with boys/relationships. With guys I think it's seen as natural, so whether they shave or not I never notice :P

I'm not attracted to anyone like that anyways so it's all irrelevant to me. 

Personally, anyone has the right to shave/not shave the various parts of their body :P

I find that I don't find a hairy guy/gal any more or less attractive than those who shave regularly, however I do shave my legs and body personally because I prefer the smooth skin and overall appearance :D But again that's just me

• Brohoof 1

boop.png

---< Fanfic Writer, Music Maker, Film Director and Voice Actor  >---

Don't expect anything incredible though! :D

Guy here. I don't find overly bushy armpit hair particularly attractive on a girl, but I don't mind body hair in other places. To be honest, our culture has developed an unhealthy obsession with female hairlessness, IMO.

For males, I think most dudes look better with some form of facial hair.    

rtjrtjrtjrtjrtjrtjrtj.png

I'm a transgender (MtF)-

I shave my face every day and I still think it grows too hairy by day's end.

I shave my arms about once every week or so, because they get hairy.

I shave my legs once in a while, should probably do it more often because it looks pretty disgusting to me.. (Also have to do it everytime I wear shorts, nobody needs to see ape legs :/)

Otherwise, it's just whenever it gets to a certain length.

(I cannot wait for the day I can stop worrying about my hairy, nasty body.)

I really don't care too much of people shave or don't, it's their freedom of expression.. Not for me to judge. Though I would much rather be with a man that isn't extremely hairy. It gets to be too much. I mean I don't want to be married to a gorilla, or Gandalf the 42nd (the absurdly long beard would bother me). But until it gets to those extremes, it's all good.

• Brohoof 1

58fcd718b2e1f_NerdyLuigisSigII.2.png.fbb45443c27c58836244b7fd6f28b2f6.png