Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponibooru Coming Back

PinkiePie97

It at least seems like it is. If you enter it's URL, there's a clock counting down to something happening at midnight EST on Wednesday.

http://poniboo.ru/

If you're not sure what ponibooru was, I'm not 100% sure myself because I wasn't in the fandom when it shut down but I'm pretty sure it was like derpibooru, which is a site I don't use much so I don't care too much about this but I figured some people might be interested to know this.

• Brohoof 3

Well if you click on the picture the following text will appear: " Oh~ You clicked me.

This is just a temporary page for now, but oh boy this is gonna be somethin' special. Fandoms evolve, but for those of us that didn't evolve with it, we need a site for our crazy ancient memery and generally being (insert gay slur here).
Welcome to Ponibooru, for the first time in nearly 4 years. Did you miss us?
-Kavi and Jacob"

So maybe it will be a forum for old fans who miss the way the fandon was back then?

• Brohoof 1

Wasn't Derpibooru made as a replacement when it went down?

The EqD post about ponibooru shutting down said derpibooru was a sister site, so I'm guessing it already existed, but you're probably right about it serving as a replacement.

Well if you click on the picture the following text will appear: " Oh~ You clicked me.[/size]

This is just a temporary page for now, but oh boy this is gonna be somethin' special. Fandoms evolve, but for those of us that didn't evolve with it, we need a site for our crazy ancient memery and generally being (insert gay slur here).

Welcome to Ponibooru, for the first time in nearly 4 years. Did you miss us?

-Kavi and Jacob"

So maybe it will be a forum for old fans who miss the way the fandon was back then?

I didn't even realize that was clickable. That's a good question.

• Brohoof 1

Wasn't Derpibooru made as a replacement when it went down?

Pretty much yeah.

I don't see why they would do this, when ponibooru went down they told people to go to derpibooru instead and not derpibooru has made a lot of improvements on the site. Why would we need another site that does the same thing? Even if they're bringing back images from the young brony fandom I don't get why they would need to make an entire site for it

(edited)

Derpibooru is meant to be safe by using filters.  https://derpiboo.ru/filters

By the looks of the way "Kavi and Jacob" have worded there hidden text, I would say Ponibooru was/is going to be a bit more hectic and adult oriented.  

I dunno for sure but that's my guess.

~ Miles

Edited by Miles
  • Brohoof 1

Derpibooru is meant to be safe by using filters.  https://derpiboo.ru/filters

By the looks of the way "Kavi and Jacob" have worded there hidden text, I would say Ponibooru was/is going to be a bit more hectic and adult oriented.  

I dunno for sure but that's my guess.

~ Miles

Oh trust me, DB is pretty much an extension of /mlp/ as is.

• Brohoof 1

Oh trust me, DB is pretty much an extension of /mlp/ as is.

I beg to differ.  Sure there are plenty of adult themed pics but that is after you take off the filters.  /mlp/ has no filter.

~ Miles

I have memories of ponibooru, because they always had fanart there and it was spammed with pics of the new episodes of MLP.

But why do we need Ponibooru? The only reason i can see why, is because of nostalgic reasons, because it probably dosen't do anything that Derpibooru does as well.

So yeah, i don't really am excited.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

One thing I should mention. Apparently the countdown clock is different in different timezones. I asked Jacob and apparently there's no set time for the site to go online but he's hoping for it to be later tonight or early tomorrow, depending on how far he can get with getting the pictures on the site.

Edited by PinkiePie97