spoiler The hatred for Batman v Superman shows people are brainwashed.

TheMarkz0ne

So, everyone has seen this, right?  (not a movie spoiler)

One of the funniest things I have ever seen in my entire life, hooves down.

Okay, moving on.  I haven't actually seen this movie yet, as I don't want to see it enough to pay for it.  Just gonna wait until it's on tv.  I loved Man of Steel (as you can guess by my signature), but I was not excited for Bats v Sups.  Here's the thing--personally, regardless of how things happened in the comic books (which I was never into), I wish that superheroes would, for the most part, stay in their own universes, and in their own movies.  I don't like crossovers.  Maybe this isn't technically a "crossover", by definition, if they're supposed to take place in the same universe, but you know what I mean.  I don't like the Avengers, I don't like the idea of Bats v Sups, I don't like the Justice League.  I think that Iron Man and Man of Steel were spectacular, but other than that.....eeehhhh, uggghhh......I don't care for most of the superhero movies of recent years.  When they start jumping around into each other's universes and movies, I lose interest.  For me, the MOS franchise kinda died before it could even get off the ground.  I wanted a Man of Steel trilogy, just the Superman universe, nothing else, no Justice League.  Honestly, what I actually wanted was for Man of Steel to be a trilogy in itself.  Here's what I really wanted: Movie 1 (maybe just called Krypton) would take place solely on Krypton, digging much deeper into that story, and making us really care about the characters of Jor, Zod, and Lara.  The movie would end with the birth of Kal, and sending him to Earth.  Movie 2 (title pending) would be about young Clark growing up with the Kents.  Maybe a Smallville kind of thing.  The movie would end at about the time he meets Jor's hologram thingy.  Movie 3 would be Man of Steel, and would begin with Zod's arrival and go to the end.  That's what I wanted, but oh well.

I think a big problem with movies featuring iconic characters in general is that there are so many divided groups of fans with so many differing expectations based on what they grew up with.  You have long time fans who want and expect the character(s) they know and love, and you have newcomers and young generations that don't have any expectations, and all the while filmmakers are trying to balance the two and evolve characters for the modern world while still trying to please fans.  I think that one of the hardest thing in the world to admit is the fact that many iconic pop culture characters and franchises might not really be that great, and are often a bit sillier and campier than we realize, and trying to reinvent them for a new generation is incredibly difficult and tricky.  We tend to cling to iconic characters and franchises because it's what we know and grew up with.  Often times I think a better idea would be to invent something completely new, something that fits into our world seamlessly.  But expecting Hollywood to invent something new is like.....idk, it's like...something.  I can't think of a funny analogy that implies that Hollywood inventing something new is basically impossible.  Instead, it's just awkward resurrections of old franchises, reboots after reboots after reboots of reboots of reboots upon reboots after reboots.  Sometimes it works.  I think the Dark Knight trilogy is a masterpiece.  But more often then not, these reboot franchises just seem like slapped together Frankenstein abominations that rely purely on the prestige of the name to sell tickets.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Unfortunately, most people are right; Batman v Superman wasn't the best thing everyone, including their own fans, expect it. I would like it myself, but sadly, I'd leave the theaters cringing more than praising more. Sorry, but the negatives outweigh the positives and even the critics were right, OP. Sorry, but they're not exactly brainwashed; just delivering the truth to even die-hard DC fans.

Edited by Jon the Bronynerd
  • Brohoof 1

Im just sad, that this Movie got all this bad reviews.

I dont even care if the Movie is bad in contrast to the Comics, because i saw some of the " Worst Dc Comic Movies " according to critics and Fans and i really enjoyed them.

So...i dont know.

I wouldnt say People are brainwashed, they just dont like the Movie.

But thankfully, the Movie is already successful and brought a lot of Money and that is all that counts.

And i have heard, they reshoot some parts of Suicide Squad, maybe because of the bad reviews, so they are trying to change stuff, to make it more appealing.

So, thats good. Maybe.

Marvel is too cliché, except Loki is still neat. I mean Marvel if you think about it has like 8x the abilities that are unique than DC and Superman is extra Mary Sue usually then compared to Thor Thor is sorta clumsy in a way so people like that, what personality does Superman have? But yeah if the fight scene is neat I should look up the ending on youtube or someplace later hehehe.

I still haven't seen the movie because I'm just too lazy and cheap to hit the theaters nowadays.

Batman and Superman are my favorite superheroes thanks to the cartoons from the 90's, so I'll see this one at some point. If this movie sucks, then it sucks. I'll be disappointed, but I still have plenty of other Batman and Superman (and other DC comics) stories to enjoy.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm don't mind people who dislike it, but on that time, a user here told not to watch it and he don't understand my status, that I enjoyed it. People should see it first before judging it, but should watch it cos two iconic superheroes facing each other. And it should of made better.

A guy who told me not watch it, is a Marvel fan and hate DC, he even bad mouthing DC. I understand people dislike or don't want to it. There movie that had bad reviews I won't watch it but some I will see even if it had bad review and maybe I like it. I know people don't to waste time or money on movie they believe will hate it. But don't tell other people to stop watching it specially Marvel fans (I do enjoyed Marvel movies, also, I like watch superhero movies). I know is in 2016 but just want to say something.