Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is anyone here a car pony? If so, what do you drive?

Phanact

(edited)

Oh, Hawkeye? I had to google it. Is it a WRX STi?

Well I actually originally was going to buy one but they were all in poor condition to say the least. The problem is too many rally it/race it, just all rusted then the engine often in very poor condition. So I gave up on that stuff, I'd rather not have to spend money repairing what others broke. I was actually looking for cars like BMW 325/328s stuff like that then a legacy for it's awd system. Now it was complete coincidence that I ended up buying the current car I drive, so without having much knowledge of what I was actually buying I had her for a good price. Then to my surprise I found out later that she's actually a descendant of the 2.5RS I personally just love my wagon the way she is, so I think I'll stick mostly with the basic tuning for now as I want to keep her reliable. ^_^ Edited by Fluttershyfan94

Is that the new one with the weird X taillights? I've heard they're okay, and they're selling like mad, but I don't really like the look personally.

Yep that's the one. I don't like the back, but I enjoy the classic jeep look from the front, and the ride is smooth. My wife wants to test drive the Grand Cherokee though.

Speaking of cars, wgule driving yesterday we passed a guy driving a perfect body 1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe in eggshell blue. What a beauty.

I don't drive because I don't have anything that let's me legally drive, but I do play a lot of Mario Kart, so can that count?

Absolutely! Do you play any other driving games? lol

Yep that's the one. I don't like the back, but I enjoy the classic jeep look from the front, and the ride is smooth. My wife wants to test drive the Grand Cherokee though.

Speaking of cars, wgule driving yesterday we passed a guy driving a perfect body 1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe in eggshell blue. What a beauty.

Nice! 

In my mind the only good jeep is a wrangler 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm too young to get my driver's license but whenever I will take my first driving lessons, I'm very afraid...

By that my hope is lost to drive the car of my dreams (not a luxury, station, or super lol) or drive a car at least.

Maybe, maybe one day - nothing more, nothing less.

f721055f41233663e90f02af382c507e.jpg

A Volvo 242 Turbo.

Can I afford to buy one?

Yes, no problem.

Can I drive one?

No

Above all:

I told myself not to drive a Volvo within the country where I live.

Note four:

Just ignore me and this post, it's completely useless when I'm not a driver.

Edited by Lightning-Twister

I'm too young to get my driver's license but whenever I will take my first driving lessons, I'm very afraid...

By that my hope is lost to drive the car of my dreams (not a luxury, station, or super lol) or drive a car at least.

Maybe, maybe one day - nothing more, nothing less.

f721055f41233663e90f02af382c507e.jpg

A Volvo 242 Turbo.

Can I afford to buy one?

Yes, no problem.

Can I drive one?

No

Above all:

I told myself not to drive a Volvo within the country where I live.

Note four:

Just ignore me and this post, it's completely useless when I'm not a driver.

Its still certainly interesting to know :333

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Its still certainly interesting to know :333

Thank you.

Because this is like the only place I could share this. 

I usually talk about other things than cars, with or without friends.

Edited by Lightning-Twister

Currently I drive a 2015 Mazda3 fully loaded in the i trim. Which comes with the base 2.0L direct injection engine which is still plenty fast due to the small size, but sometimes I wish it was faster! (Someone drag raced me at a stop light last weekend and lost -_-). But at least the 10 speaker Bose audio system does its job well. 

I'll most likely give it to my sister when she graduates high school, then I'll most likely get a Charger not only for the power but because the taillights at night look so cool x.x EDIxwzJ.png

ooooo me!

I drive a 1995 cameo.

its the crappy 3.4 leater 60 degree v6 but its nice to drive as a daily driver.

my dream car is an old mustang fast back.

my dad owns a 1996 corvet 6 speed with the lt1 engine in it. thats a nice car, and its funny cuz im the one who usually drives it when we go out lol.

Nah, I don't. I tried Forza, but I didn't like the bad controls.

Oh I think the game is awesome. But yeah mario kart counts c:

ooooo me!

I drive a 1995 cameo.

its the crappy 3.4 leater 60 degree v6 but its nice to drive as a daily driver.

my dream car is an old mustang fast back.

my dad owns a 1996 corvet 6 speed with the lt1 engine in it. thats a nice car, and its funny cuz im the one who usually drives it when we go out lol.

Cameo? 

Camaro, is that what you meant? 

Corvettes are really nice :333

Currently I drive a 2015 Mazda3 fully loaded in the i trim. Which comes with the base 2.0L direct injection engine which is still plenty fast due to the small size, but sometimes I wish it was faster! (Someone drag raced me at a stop light last weekend and lost -_-). But at least the 10 speaker Bose audio system does its job well. 

I'll most likely give it to my sister when she graduates high school, then I'll most likely get a Charger not only for the power but because the taillights at night look so cool x.x sig-4500198.EDIxwzJ.png

I like the Charger, but only if I had kids would get one... I much prefer 2 seaters

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Let's revive a dead thread, because that's what cool people do.

Currently own two cars; A 2010 Fiat Punto evo 1.4 Active 5dr and a 2010 RenaultSport Clio 200 Cup

The Fiat is my daily and is generally pretty dull.

The Renault is the most fun car I've driven, and I've driven some pretty special stuff. Was in a crash back in February and now I'm waiting for the insurer to write it off.

When the insurer is done, I will sell the Punto too and then I'm buying an Abarth 595 as a daily and an R32 GT-R for the weekends. Or an E92 M3. Not sure yet.

The Clio;

TDPQxzO.jpg

And the last pic ever taken of it, the day I crashed, following a Polo GTI and a Fiesta ST

j4bqw9F.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Right now I'm stuck with a should have been great car. A saturn astra 2008. Not too bad yeah..not too old but here's what gets ya:

Upon purchasing said car from family friend (7,500) they did not tell us anything wrong with the car. US being my gf and I. One month after owning that car it's in the shop..same for next month. Then give it about 5 months the car is in the shop again this time for a rebuild of the transmission...1,500 later...it's acting up..not as bad but seriously 7,500 for a car that keeps breaking down..is seriously not worth it. I am so ready to just get a new car.

My dad has a Ford falcon XR6 turbo edition from 2004. He actually brought it second-hand from a work colleague in 2006. It is a true Australian car that was built toughly for Australian conditions but from this year on cars will no longer be manufactured in Australia which is a huge disappointment as the falcons where truely built to last.

We also have a Volkswagen Golf TSi 6th generation from 2013. :)

Amazingly a friend of ours has a extremely rere EH Holden from 1965

Edited by Techno Universal

Right now I'm stuck with a should have been great car. A saturn astra 2008. Not too bad yeah..not too old but here's what gets ya:

Upon purchasing said car from family friend (7,500) they did not tell us anything wrong with the car. US being my gf and I. One month after owning that car it's in the shop..same for next month. Then give it about 5 months the car is in the shop again this time for a rebuild of the transmission...1,500 later...it's acting up..not as bad but seriously 7,500 for a car that keeps breaking down..is seriously not worth it. I am so ready to just get a new car.

What mileage is there on it? Because if there's like 60k+ on there, and it hasn't been serviced every 18k, then yeah, it's gonna need things fixing

Right now my gf has the car so I'm not exactly sure but I do know it's around 70k miles. I don't exactly know a lot about cars but we'll with all the cars I've gone through I'm learning lol.

Haha, I know what it's like to go through cars, I've had 5 cars and 4 vans, and I've only had my licence 4 years

70k miles, you'd probably be due a new cambelt if you haven't already. My Clio was it 79k when I crashed it, and I'd had;

>Two sets of ball joints

>Two sets of front shocks

>Cambelt

>Exhaust manifold

>Screenwash pump

>One set of front brake pads

>Two sets of rear brake pads

>One set of rear brake discs

>One ignition fuse

>One entire wiring loom

That was all within two years of buying it. I'd put 45k on the car though, so

right now i drive a crappy 2003 commodore acclaim but i want to drive a cute little truck :L like this one V V V V (or a road legal tank)
daihatsu-delta_key_19.jpg

Edited by Ju88snow

im not a huge petrolhead, but i do really love classic cars..... but they have to be British. 

I own a Blue 2001 Toyota Yaris (with rainbow dash cutie marks on it) nicknamed "Blu", not a classic car I know, but my Dad's pretty much raised me on Triumph TRs, he still owns his 72 TR6 (signal red) nicknamed "JJ" and my Mum used to own a TR2 nicknamed "Gus" a friend of ours now owns that so at least we know its being looked after.

Any local fair or rally I go to, after checking out the steam engines I always head straight for the classic car section to see what I can find. Always super happy to see a TR driving around too. One day I'll get a magenta one for myself.....one day. 

oh I also like Land Rovers. 

im not a huge petrolhead, but i do really love classic cars..... but they have to be British. 

I own a Blue 2001 Toyota Yaris (with rainbow dash cutie marks on it) nicknamed "Blu", not a classic car I know, but my Dad's pretty much raised me on Triumph TRs, he still owns his 72 TR6 (signal red) nicknamed "JJ" and my Mum used to own a TR2 nicknamed "Gus" a friend of ours now owns that so at least we know its being looked after.

Any local fair or rally I go to, after checking out the steam engines I always head straight for the classic car section to see what I can find. Always super happy to see a TR driving around too. One day I'll get a magenta one for myself.....one day. 

oh I also like Land Rovers. 

Triumphs are cool, my Grandad has a Spitfire he's been restoring. Wish I knew more about it, especially as it's going to be handed down to me one day. I've got no experience with old Land Rovers, but my dad had a Freelander 2 for a bit, which I've driven a fair few times, and my stepmum has a new Discovery Sport, which is a properly nice car.

Well, I just totaled my car. Any recommendations on a reliable, used car I can get for under $5000?

Ignore what the press is saying about VW and buy a Mk5 Golf GTI (Might've been a Rabbit that generation in the US) They're properly good little cars.

Triumphs are cool, my Grandad has a Spitfire he's been restoring. Wish I knew more about it, especially as it's going to be handed down to me one day. I've got no experience with old Land Rovers, but my dad had a Freelander 2 for a bit, which I've driven a fair few times, and my stepmum has a new Discovery Sport, which is a properly nice car.

you dont see many spitfires around, so nice that hes got one.

We had a freelander 2 as well for a little bit, my Dad still has his disco 2, but the discos sport is one I refuse to accept as a Discovery, its tiny! it defies everything that makes a land rover. sorry to hate on it so much, but a true landy is supposed to take you off road and up mountains and be big enough to camp out in the back of, which is why i looooove the defenders, gutted they stopped making them. But its another British car brand that was sold overseas and now its a status symbol to own a new one. Bloody footballers fault, letting their wags buy range rovers ¬¬ ugh

sorry rant over. but land rovers should always have stayed the work horse of the motoring world