Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is anyone here a car pony? If so, what do you drive?

Phanact

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah but someone could convieably think that Z3 is a miata. They're cute little cars too but they're no Miatas

Agree, Z3's are heavier and much more costly to R&R and in the end of the day it's still no miata.

• Brohoof 1

Agree, Z3's are heavier and much more costly to R&R and in the end of the day it's still no miata.

I was kinda upset to find out that my miata's weight distribution is like 51 49

Its not a perfect 5050

• Brohoof 1

I was kinda upset to find out that my miata's weight distribution is like 51 49

Its not a perfect 5050

Something like that can be cured with a little help of an rollbar. It made my miata feel more weighted to the rear and as a result increased traction and stability, especially in the wet.

• Brohoof 1

Something like that can be cured with a little help of an rollbar. It made my miata feel more weighted to the rear and as a result increased traction and stability, especially in the wet.

How much did you pay for your roll bar? I'm looking at like, getting one for my car. Partly for safety, partly so I can use it on the track, and partly for looks. How hard is it to install?

• Brohoof 1

Well with an rollbar, there are some compromises too. First of all, it will stiffen the chassis to the point where you know every pot hole in town! and I'm still running on oem suspension. Next would be, if you want to go to the track with one, make sure that's it's scca/nasa certified because some rollbars are not compliant for track use because of strength and height designs. Third, putting the soft top can be a pain in the rear unless you get an double hoop design like mine. Lastly but not least, you will kinda have to "tear up" your interior just to install it, and drill some holes into the body.

In the end of the day though, it's definitely worth it just based on looks, handling and safety upgrades. Oh and I was lucky to find one in a junker miata so they let it go cheap!

• Brohoof 1

Well with an rollbar, there are some compromises too. First of all, it will stiffen the chassis to the point where you know every pot hole in town! and I'm still running on oem suspension. Next would be, if you want to go to the track with one, make sure that's it's scca/nasa certified because some rollbars are not compliant for track use because of strength and height designs. Third, putting the soft top can be a pain in the rear unless you get an double hoop design like mine. Lastly but not least, you will kinda have to "tear up" your interior just to install it, and drill some holes into the body.

In the end of the day though, it's definitely worth it just based on looks, handling and safety upgrades. Oh and I was lucky to find one in a junker miata so they let it go cheap!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Damn, that price is a major part of my decesion. I already have a really rigid suspension, it was either modified, or dryrotted, so I already know where every pothole in town is... Hmmm

I dunno man, I might just not do it because its expensive. I might just leave my miata as a DD and just buy another car or something for track events. 

• Brohoof 1

It's true that they're super expensive, and I looked soooo long trying to find one, but Craigslist is your friend and you may catch a super great deal one day. I believe that a rollbar should of came standard on miatas because it's safety, it's your life.

• Brohoof 1

It's true that they're super expensive, and I looked soooo long trying to find one, but Craigslist is your friend and you may catch a super great deal one day. I believe that a rollbar should of came standard on miatas because it's safety, it's your life.

Yeah but you pay for what you need

Some people could care less, I mean, my miata doesn't even have passenger airbag or ABS

• Brohoof 1

I can respect your decision, and there's still time for you to decide if you want an rollbar. As of right now most new rollbars are going for $300 and up and that's already some tires!

I can respect your decision, and there's still time for you to decide if you want an rollbar. As of right now most new rollbars are going for $300 and up and that's already some tires!

I pay like 200$ for a set of new tires so yeah that's hella expensive.

I love cars! I currently drive a 2000 Chrysler LHS that I will be trading in for a new 2016 truck this fall (Dunno which one yet).

Oh wow, an old LHS, I hardly see any of them anymore.

• Brohoof 1

I've got a 2001 Ford F-150 with the 5.4L Triton V8.  Stock power ratings (at the crank) are 260 hp and 350 lb-ft/tq.  

post-27651-0-37477400-1403924552.jpg

---

Hey , look, another car thread.   :derp: 

~ Miles

• Brohoof 3

I've got a 2001 Ford F-150 with the 5.4L Triton V8.  Stock power ratings (at the crank) are 260 hp and 350 lb-ft/tq.  

sig-4495665.post-27651-0-37477400-140392

---

Hey , look, another car thread.   :derp: 

~ Miles

Yeh, I think there's only two car threads that I know of lol

Pickups are okay. At least its not a SUV

I've had a Jeep Renegade hatchback as a rental this week. I have to say it's nice. It feels like a regular car, but is a little elevated so you leave standing. "Trunk" space surprisingly small though. Giant mirrors, so you don't miss a thing. I enjoy.

• Brohoof 2

Suzuki Aerio. 

Allegedly, the previous owners modified it for racing and I do believe it considering just how it drives. I like fast cars, I like cars that are modified for speed and power. But I  also like fun cars.  Ideally speaking, if I had the money, I'd buy a Ford Mustang or a VW Bus. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm in the middle between liking sports cars and liking antique cars.

I've got an Acura RSX (first car) and its really cute, I wish it were running better but i think the shop i took it to messed it up. Later on I plan to take my dad's Mustang and much later i really love 88ec36.jpg Excaliburs. A lady in my town has one and its so awesome. 

• Brohoof 2

I got my license fairly recently and my first car is a hand me down from my mother that actually can take a beating and still keep on ticking, a 1994 Lexus LS400.

1994-lexus-ls-400-3.jpg

Out of curiosity- if money were no object, what would your Dream Car be? I'm torn between a 1958 Buick Roadmaster, a 1950's era Chevy Bel Air, or a 1967 Ford El Camino.

1964 Chevy Impala, in part because my dad used to have one. I also wouldn't mind having a Mercedes S500, BMW 740IL, or a Cadillac Deville.

• Brohoof 4

I'm still happily going to work in my 1991 Ford Transit which is a 3.5 ton box-van with a dragon painted on the side. Inside its a sort of home made camper van / support truck.

And I'm still beating the life out of the remains of a 1972 Range Rover that we call the beast :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X013aqnzOjw

Trailer-queens are great fun :D

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I drive a Subaru Hawkeye Wagon it's great, never take it off road though it has roof rails, jdm yo. Plan on getting some new wheels with a deeper dish, new coilovers. Though for now at least new headlights, plan on doing an ecu tune, strut bars, getting new speakers, subwoofer as well as doing some repairs. She's my daily driver and is white with tinted black windows would love to post a picture of her but don't want to for privacy reasons. Then I also have a loud exhaust or well it has a silencer only around 90db or so plan on maybe making her louder during the summer. I think she looks pretty mint.  :squee: 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

My current ride for the next few weeks.

Are you becoming a truck driver? 

I've had a Jeep Renegade hatchback as a rental this week. I have to say it's nice. It feels like a regular car, but is a little elevated so you leave standing. "Trunk" space surprisingly small though. Giant mirrors, so you don't miss a thing. I enjoy.

Is that the new one with the weird X taillights? I've heard they're okay, and they're selling like mad, but I don't really like the look personally. 

Suzuki Aerio. 

Allegedly, the previous owners modified it for racing and I do believe it considering just how it drives. I like fast cars, I like cars that are modified for speed and power. But I  also like fun cars.  Ideally speaking, if I had the money, I'd buy a Ford Mustang or a VW Bus. 

I wouldn't go with the ford mustang personally, but the new ones are pretty nice. It is kind of odd to hear a Suzuki Aerio being modified for racing... that's such an odd car to modify. 

I'm in the middle between liking sports cars and liking antique cars.

I've got an Acura RSX (first car) and its really cute, I wish it were running better but i think the shop i took it to messed it up. Later on I plan to take my dad's Mustang and much later i really love sig-4496859.88ec36.jpg Excaliburs. A lady in my town has one and its so awesome. 

Now that is a rare and beautiful car. May not be new, but psh you'll certainly notice it!

I got my license fairly recently and my first car is a hand me down from my mother that actually can take a beating and still keep on ticking, a 1994 Lexus LS400.

sig-4497859.1994-lexus-ls-400-3.jpg

Oh yeah, those lexus's (and camrys that they were based on) will basically run forever. I've seen a few get way more than 500,000 miles.

I'm still happily going to work in my 1991 Ford Transit which is a 3.5 ton box-van with a dragon painted on the side. Inside its a sort of home made camper van / support truck.

And I'm still beating the life out of the remains of a 1972 Range Rover that we call the beast :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X013aqnzOjw

Trailer-queens are great fun :D

That range rover is crazy!

I drive a Subaru Hawkeye Wagon it's great, never take it off road though it has roof rails, jdm yo. Plan on getting some new wheels with a deeper dish, new coilovers. Though for now at least new headlights, plan on doing an ecu tune, strut bars, getting new speakers, subwoofer as well as doing some repairs. She's my daily driver and is white with tinted black windows would love to post a picture of her but don't want to for privacy reasons. Then I also have a loud exhaust or well it has a silencer only around 90db or so plan on maybe making her louder during the summer. I think she looks pretty mint.  :squee: 

Oh, Hawkeye? I had to google it. Is it a WRX STi?

• Brohoof 2