Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Best Video Game Soundtracks

Discordian

(edited)

I'd have to say that my favorite video game soundtracks would be the soundtracks for Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2 (Or Dark Chronicle, if you live somewhere other than the US).

I picked a few of my favorite songs out of it's soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYn1DTnE5I4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oploDkmhqA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGIa6uOu3Hg

I'd also say that Halo has probably what I'd go as far as to call THE best soundtrack of all time.

Edited by Pathogen
  • Brohoof 1

Since this thread is a thing, and this seems like the right place for it, anyone else planning to attend the Distant Worlds concert in Atlanta in June? Very little can top Final Fantasy (A series renowned for it's sound tracks) music from a live orchestra.

Im just in love for the Portal 2 soundtrack, I love it because its so electronic and it fits very well into the game, for example, when you are jumping fom here to there in those pads that launch you up, I dont really remember what they were called.

• Brohoof 1

The Portal 2 soundtrack, I enjoy that techy kind of sound it has. :3 It also fits the game's mood rather well. 

I also enjoyed the Portal 1 soundtrack, just not as much as Portal 2's. 

• Brohoof 3

I'm back with another awesome soundtrack: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. The composer, Kumi Tanioka, composed this soundtrack using instruments that were popular during medieval and renaissance times but have fallen into obscurity. It's a really well done soundtrack and it fits the game's world perfectly.

Here's a couple of my favorite songs of the soundtrack:

Echoes at the Mountain Peak

Promised Grace

The Legend of Zelda over the years always spawned a bunch of great Video Game Soundtracks.

However this particular Version of a Zelda song was created for the ever so popular Super Smash Bros. Brawl game.

Earthbound has some amazing tracks too...if you ever get the chance, check them out either on youtube, or google starman.net, as they've got the tracks there too.

Mega Man...there was one theme I liked...think it was from Mega Man III, when you beat a boss, and got it's powers...the theme that played was pretty cool.

Currently I'm loving the sound track to Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.... So much 80's cheese and synth. It's not my favourite, that title is still held by Full Throttle.

Currently I'm loving the sound track to Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.... So much 80's cheese and synth. It's not my favourite, that title is still held by Full Throttle.

Dude, if you dig 80s cheese soundtracks, you really need to chek out virt's work on Double Dragon Neon. He brought a very wide variety of 80s music styles to the table with that soundtrack, really knocked it out of the park. Mango Tango's a personal favorite of mine.

Great game, too. My roomie and I are huge Double Dragon fans, and we had a blast sitting through Neon.

Dude, if you dig 80s cheese soundtracks, you really need to chek out virt's work on Double Dragon Neon. He brought a very wide variety of 80s music styles to the table with that soundtrack, really knocked it out of the park. Mango Tango's a personal favorite of mine.

Great game, too. My roomie and I are huge Double Dragon fans, and we had a blast sitting through Neon.

I may just check that out, although there is only so much 80's I can take before my brain melts out of my ears lol so I might have to put it off for a little bit.

This used to be my favorite FPS (and still is) game when I was younger. I find this soundtrack really inspiring, regal and epic! also it reminds me of better times as I didn't have so many problems back then

• 4 weeks later...

I can honestly say that my favorite soundtrack from any game is the first fallout 

I'm not too sure why, but i feel like i could easily survive in the wastes as long as i got some kicking songs.

(edited)

The Journey soundtrack is one of my favourites:

I found the Assassin's Creed 3 Soundtrack much better in my opinion than ACII

And another favourite of mine is the Gravity Rush OST

Edited by Absolute Zero
  • Brohoof 2

one of my fav tracks, has to be this:

I saw the final battle from Guns of the Patriots, and this theme actually plays during that fight...though it's partway.

another one is this:

this plays in the Debriefing of MGS4.

The Ballad of the Wind Fish from Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.  I really like this one guy's cover of the song the best, Sp0tanius:

Also the song "The Little Doll's Dream" from the IB soundtrack:

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite video game soundtracks have to be from Jet Set Radio and ATV Offroad Fury 2.

Honorable mentions to: F-Zero, Gran Turismo 5, and MX Vs ATV Alive. 

• Brohoof 1

Burnout 3 Takedown, THUG1 & 2 (Tony Hawk's underground), and Halo 2 has some of my favorite in game soundtracks. But no game in history has a better soundtrack than burnout 3 takedown that game is probably my favorite game of all time :3