Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What technology do you want to be the "limit" for the show, magically and techwi

Unlikeable Pony

So, here's a question. What's the limit of both technology and Magi-technology that you want the show to have at its fingertips? Both In a mundane sense and in a High fantasy sense: remember the inverse moores law of Magic being indistinguishable from technology when its reliable.

Like, for example, we have airships: Do you want these to just be balls of hot air or to be akin to high fantasy ships that are magically enchanted to have high speeds and maneuverability? Or for that matter technologically run airships with mundane engines for moving them?
Guns and tanks? Magic Electricity and mundane electricity that we've seen? What of the prosthetics that dash had in the finale? Ect.

What do you think should be the limit to the technology the ponies have achieved and what's the limit to the Magi-tech the ponies have achieved?

An airplane or maybe a few computers here and there would be a sight to see. Some could say that the airplane would be pointless, think about the computers instead.

I'd put the approximate general limit as far as advanced technologies to the 1920s. Anything newer would have to be replaced by some sort of magical substitute. Anything electric-powered would have to be powered by magic. That would be a good general rule to encourage creativity in designs and give Equestrian technology its own identity as opposed to just taking from real life.

I don't want to see too much depth put into any of the technology used. I consider many of the locations to be isolated within themes and time periods. I like that places like Manehattan are very modern, whilst places like the Crystal Empire are very much still in the traditional fantasy setting. I would be fine seeing trucks and computers and modern aeroplanes in Manehattan, but wouldn't like to see them in Canterlot. In the opposite direction, I'd like so see magi-tech used in places like Canterlot and Cloudsdale, but not in places such as Manehattan.
I also like that they've often substituted vehicles and tech that we have here, to be more fitting for their universe. For instance the fact that there's few if any motor vehicles in Manehattan; all replaced by horse-drawn carriage taxi services.

I like that each location has its own level of technology that befits the particular theme and time.

I'd put the approximate general limit as far as advanced technologies to the 1920s. Anything newer would have to be replaced by some sort of magical substitute. Anything electric-powered would have to be powered by magic. That would be a good general rule to encourage creativity in designs and give Equestrian technology its own identity as opposed to just taking from real life.

Kind of like Full metal alchemist levels of technology?

large.png

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I don't watch that, so I don't know. :P

But if that's your preferred term for it, you're welcome to it.

Well its just a good approximation of what MLP tech would be like if it was 1920s style; Its basically a 1920s universe with magic (alchemy) being real.

To be honest though, I'd rather the Tech level be a little lower myself; more High fantasy/steam punk style, steam power being the most advanced tech and no gas or electrical machines (explain any electrical machines away as magic powered)

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 1