Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Weather Thread

Sunlight

Well it snowed today again like it's done since.. I don't even remember.

But I don't want more snow now it's enough x)

Well, last night was the coldest it has got in the Detroit area in the last ten years. -8 degrees, and -30 with windchill. My car looks like a piece of ice and school is closed. I'm actually beginning to miss school because of all the snow days we had this year.

Besides the 8 inches of snow on the ground, the sun is shining and the skies are clear, so it's pretty nice :D

Edited by Freeze-Frame

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday was the coldest day all year! Even after getting my jacket on I just didn't have enough clothing!

Thankfully it's a fair bit warmer today, but still too cold! I can barely type!

Its snowing a lot and I do want to go outside but I have been sick for the past two weeks :(...

Aww...quickly! Get better!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

It's been very cold over the last week. Like, we were seeing temps as low as 4°F (-16°C) but today starts a warming trend. It's already 41°F (5°C) and climbing. All the snow and ice that's been on the ground for the last week is finally melting. Everyone is glad to see the warmer weather move in. Winter here is usually mild. Highs are normally anywhere from 45 - 65°F (7 - 18°C) but it hasn't been above freezing in a good 5 or 6 days. 

I myself like the cold weather, but in cycles. I love snow, but if it's been on the ground for a week, it's time for that stuff to melt and for some fresh snow to fall. 

Super cold here in Philly and lots of snow on the way

Exactly.  :okiedokielokie:  The storm was every bit as bad as they said it would be.  My office was closed once again today.  I don't mind a snow day every now and then, but this is ridiculous. 

I think they said this was snowstorm #11 for Philly this winter.  Ridiculous.  I feel like I live in Buffalo.  -_-

Exactly.  :okiedokielokie:  The storm was every bit as bad as they said it would be.  My office was closed once again today.  I don't mind a snow day every now and then, but this is ridiculous. 

I think they said this was snowstorm #11 for Philly this winter.  Ridiculous.  I feel like I live in Buffalo.  -_-

It's to make up for the mild winters we've had the last couple years lol. Not looking forward to digging out my car tomorrow morning...