Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Do you side with Captain America or Iron Man?

SolyWack

I have been so HYPE for Civil War, because Winter Soldier was so dang good. (In my opinion, plz don't lynch)

Seeing as how this brony site is used by people all around the world, it wouldn't surprise me to much if people have already seen the movie, but it's slated for May 6th in the U.S.

As far as I can tell, the "Civil War" is about regulating superheroes, i.e. if they should take orders or continue being vigilantes. I would assume this problem came up because they can't help but destroy everything they come in contact with, be it buildings, cars, giant heli-carriers, you name it.

You may have guessed, but I'm with Cap all the way. Not only because both Captain America movies happened to be my favorite, but because he's seen some s**t. He knows giving all the power to one group of people can lead to bad stuff happening. He's always altruistic, and believes the best way to go about it, is without regulation.

What side are you on?

• Brohoof 2

I'm with cap for the reasons stated in the civil war comics. Asking heroes to unmask, reveal themselves to an arguably corrupt government, possibly the public and all criminals that lie within. It's a bad idea from the get go, and imprisoning them for not doing so, or soemone for even having powers, is a violation of america's rights & values. 

"Those who trade freedom for saftey are deserving of neither."

-Ben Franklin

Edited by Denim&Venom

Considering that Tony Stark was responsible for the whole Ultron thing, he comes off as kind of a hypocrite for advocating the regulation of superheroes.  Perhaps Tony needs to self-regulate.  While the Cap'n is far from being my favorite superhero, I'd still side with him in this conflict.

• 4 weeks later...

The Civil War comic is what made the captain my favorite Marvel superhero, so Captain America all the way. The Superhuman Registration Act is a dangerous act that treats all superhumans as criminals, exposes them to danger by forcing them to reveal their identities, and reduces them to the point where they are the governments property and thus can be misused for extremely immoral means and would likely lead to an international arms race where other countries would arm themselves with their own superhumans.

(edited)

Up until recently i've always been Team Cap, but you know what? I'm defecting to Team Iron Man even if i'm the only one. I love how Tony recognizes his past mistakes and faults, and since then no one has worked harder than him to try and protect humanity. Sadly many of his efforts blow up in his face, but I've grown hella respect for the guy. This movie is a good example of needing to do the wrong thing at the right time. Disunity was what ultimately drove the Avengers apart, like Black Widow said, "staying together is more important than how we stay together."

For the record I don't blame Cap for any of his actions. But that does NOT mean Iron Man is the bad guy.

Edited by Frostgage

• 5 weeks later...

Judging based on their actions in Civil War I would have to go with being on Team Iron Man.

I honestly believe that it would be the best in order to protect others in order to sign the Accords.

• Brohoof 1

I posted this topic before Civil War came out. So it's hilarious to see the huge shift from Team Cap over to Team Iron Man after the movie came out.  ^_^

I'm still Team Cap all the way. What does that show about me if I switch now?

Originally, I was with Tony on this. Then I saw the movie and strongly disagreed with the reasoning and wording of the Accords, so I switched to Team Cap.