Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler All the things I want to let out after the episode.

TBlaze

At the beginning, I'd like to highlight the purpose of the post. Letting out all the things I wanted to say, and checking if anyone feels the same.

Right now I'm listening to my secret stache of chill tracks, cuz I would probably implode and cause a dark hole to appear and destroy Earth.

Starlight and Trixie as main characters; being friends. Well, I hate them. Mostly Trixie. Leave these tomatoes in peace.

While watching, I was talking so much (I always talk to myself) I actually became sweaty. Commenting on the attitude both Starlight and Trixie had (it was mostly irrational) probably took me the same amount of time as actually watching the episode.

Twily, you were right all along! Why should we trust someone who is mentally unstable and is going to destroy lifes of them innocent ponies because of any little offense to their huuuge ego?

Was this episode bad? Nope, it was great! Well, at least it was funny. And the funniest moment was when Trixie said that she was using Starlight. This whole situation was ridiculous.

Is my approach towards the problems of two main ponies of the episode justified? Do you feel the same? Or is my opinion just biased as hell?

Bias and opinions kind of go hand in hand, and, like yourself, I'm not a fan of either Starlight or Trixie.

Outside of some of the interactions between Starlight and the Mane Five (what little time was actually devoted to that, overall), I can't say I found the episode all that amusing.  One thing that bugged me: Starlight's intended-to-be-humorous (I think) references to her villainous behavior in season five.  Umm...  What? xD  This is the face of reformation?  Casually or facetiously bringing up how you "enslaved" ponies in the premiere?  And that's by no means the worst she did last season.

I wouldn't trust her. My own brother sounded like he changed his ways, and years later I found out he's just as rotten as ever! I've warned him to never come near me and stay out of my city. People can change, but it's very rare these days.

I wouldn't trust her. My own brother sounded like he changed his ways, and years later I found out he's just as rotten as ever! I've warned him to never come near me and stay out of my city. People can change, but it's very rare these days.

I understand what you mean. I'm for giving people (ponies) second chances. No problem. But after being given this precious chance, you have to be aware of the fact that no one's obligated to trust you.

You live with that, and everyday, in every action you carry out, you try to gradually regain that trust. By hard work, and you don't even know for sure if it will happen.

Trixie did not show any of this humility. She parted her ways with Twilight just as egoistical as earlier. And oh, you probably don't want to bring up your deeds every time you talk with people (ponies), like you are trying to boast. Looking at you Starlight.

One thing that bugged me: Starlight's intended-to-be-humorous (I think) references to her villainous behavior in season five.  Umm...  What? xD  This is the face of reformation?  Casually or facetiously bringing up how you "enslaved" ponies in the premiere?  And that's by no means the worst she did last season.

Exactly!

• Brohoof 1

overall it was a very poor episode, 4/10 really. Just plane "meh".

Starlight was just awkward, her interaction with the mane six felt forced and phoned in, and apart from a few good lines from trixie and the final joke (I will admit, the ending scene and cranky's question was full one 10/10), it was just kind of "there". Nothing truly HORRIBLE to rail against, but nothing great either.

On that note, Starlight is REALLY coming off as a parasitic siamese twin attached to twilight instead of a legitimate character; she only exists as something for twilight to interact with, and to interact back to her. Even her interaction with trixie wasn't that good. Like, Okay, you have this character here to let twilight flesh herself out as a teacher... but you forgot to make HER able to function on her own!

Like, Starlight would be fine as a secondary character ala BM, but due to her inability to really have chemistry apart from twilight, she's really falling flat as a mane seventh.

(edited)

@@TBlaze,  Fair opinion I would say.

I was actually bewildered as to why Trixie was coming back (other than the obvious fan-service.

But still, what reason did we have for bringing her back?

I held a fairly neutral stance on her prior to the episode. I felt her debut episode was actually poorly resolved. And her return was just sort of consequence of the first. But they had seemed to have ended on good terms (albeit terribly rushed), but good terms to the point where I never saw a reason for her coming back.

By this episode though, I was loving the dynamic that Trixie had brought to this episode and interaction that occurred between Trixie, Twi and Starlight. It was a very unique set of relationships that ended up occurring in this episode that I felt, put it out there better.

Although, I kind of felt the humour was bit kind of, edgey by fim standards (which maybe I was enjoying a little too much).

What you say though, is fairly justifiable though given previous history with Trixie. Even the towns ponies of ponyville were reserved about having Trixie come back to do her show and the feelings were palpable in the air. 

Edited by pony.colin