How was this episode?  

204 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• It was bad; deplorable even.
    • I just didn't like it.
    • So much meh.
    • I liked it well enough.
    • It was FABULOUS Darling!

Hmmm, this episode was... good enough. I found the way they handled the story a little confusing sometimes; I felt like it was all over the place, which was sort of the point, I suppose.

However, they made up for it with all the funny moments. I will admit this episode was top-notch with the humour.

So not my favourite episode of the season so far, but still really enjoyable. :)

Golly...this was a really good episode! So glad the writers made up for the mess-up on Newbie Dash with two stellar episodes! 

So many highlights...too many for me to list!

It's practically a tradition now, we get a Dash episode that the fandom doesn't like much, followed by a Rarity episode that the fandoms loves.

I mean it's happened with Mare To Well with Sweet and Elite a few episodes later, Daring Don't with Rarity Takes Manehattan a few episodes later and now Newbie Dash with The Saddle Row Review a few episodes later.

• Brohoof 1

He wrote Hearthsbreakers which featured Spike in the opening scene. Remember ... he gets a book from Twilight, much to his chagrin.

You do have two plushie makers on staff ;)

Alright! If a Drinkie Pie plushie could be a hit at BronyCAN, so could shoulder Rarity plushies. If anypony starts a Kickstarter campaign, I'm game to lend some funds. I would like to be notified if it happens, as I don't frequent Kickstarter unless there's a project I want to support, but it's only a few clicks away.

Alright, it took a few hours but I was able to recognize the lyrics to Twilight's song as follows:

Sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep.. Sweep sweep sweep sweep. :P

• Brohoof 1

I thought it was a pretty good if somewhat unremarkable episode - a bit unusual (not necessarily a bad thing) and quite funny. Actually, the biggest laugh I had was seeing that the DJ upstairs just happened to be DJ PON-3 (is she stalking the mane six?). Three times her name has been mentioned now (twice in this episode) and all three were in season 6. Why is this? Also they seem to pronounce the 'PON' part of her name to rhyme with 'cone'. Am I hearing correctly? Before I heard it spoken I always assumed that it rhymed with 'Jon'. Initially I gave this a 6.5/10 rating, but I think this is the type of episode that will grow on me - I'll have to see when I give it another watch in a day or two.

(edited)

Well that was very good. I don't care too much for fashion, but it ended up being enjoyable nonetheless.

There were some good pop culture references that made a debut and reappearance.

The moral was also well put, as well as the slice of life in the episode. :)

Edited by Jonny Music

I thought it was a pretty good if somewhat unremarkable episode - a bit unusual (not necessarily a bad thing) and quite funny. Actually, the biggest laugh I had was seeing that the DJ upstairs just happened to be DJ PON-3 (is she stalking the mane six?). Three times her name has been mentioned now (twice in this episode) and all three were in season 6. Why is this? Also they seem to pronounce the 'PON' part of her name to rhyme with 'cone'. Am I hearing correctly? Before I heard it spoken I always assumed that it rhymed with 'Jon'. Initially I gave this a 6.5/10 rating, but I think this is the type of episode that will grow on me - I'll have to see when I give it another watch in a day or two.

Yep. Apparently it is pronounced DJ 'Pone Three'. Oddly enough I think about two years ago a fan directly asked Meghan McCarthy on Twitter what her cannon name was. Her response was to reply with the ComicCon exclusive figure with the name DJ Pon3.

I'll still call her Vinyl just like I still call Muffins Derpy. You can always argue Pon3 is a stage name.

• Brohoof 1

I cant count how many times I shout "WTF!?" in every scene of this ep lol :D. One of the wierdest episodes of entire series...

I had a mixed feeling when I watch the promo, even I love Mr.Confalone episodes, but this ep definitely clear my doubts :D. This ep is not all about plot... it about facial expression and unique story-telling style. 8.5/10 :D

(edited)

Bouncer: *Just brushes Rarity -- the Element Of Generosity, Ponyville's most outright Ms. Fanservice, and now an official tenant in the very same building as the bouncer's current gig -- off.* *Suddenly lets some random background mares in, no questions asked.*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxzi62IiB9E

Then again, there might've just been a guest list or something.

Edited by A.V.

Bouncer: *Just brushes Rarity -- the Element Of Generosity, Ponyville's most outright Ms. Fanservice, and now an official tenant in the very same building as the bouncer's current gig -- off.* *Suddenly lets some random background mares in, no questions asked.*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxzi62IiB9E

Then again, there might've just been a guest list or something.

There might have been a guest list. For all we know, these background mares could have been friend's of Plaid Stripes

• Brohoof 1

When there were two pinkies i just about exploded with glee. So many good lines, so many hilarious faces. Darlings, sweety, coco, Tiny angel and devil rarity's. Favorite episode ever. "All i can do is look at something and tell you whether or not its clothes. This chair, not clothes." aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

This episode had me legitimately laugh out loud several times with the extra Pinky and Fluttershy talking about locking Rarity in the display window  :lol:

The best part by far, though, was...

*Ahem*

sweep, sweep, sweep

Edited by Mr Unknown
  • Brohoof 2

Well unlike the last two weeks I think Rarity stole the show and we had a Fabulous episode darling!

9/10!

• Brohoof 1

This was one the most 'balanced' episodes for me for season 6 so far.  It didn't go a little over the top, it didn't go off in some random direction and it didn't seem like it would put people at odds with certain things. Which you know, this is impressive by this S6 standards.  In short, it was actually a fairly well balanced episode.

The build up to it at the beginning though I thought, threw me for a bit of a loop thinking that it would actually have to do with an embarrassing scandal with Rarity's shop. So it was actually a nice surprise instead.

What was most enjoyable I felt was all the different character interactions and the style of narrative of switching between each character during the interviews and the little things in here.

With more DJ-Pon3 appearances (I want more Octavia as well) I was thinking it was maybe fanservicy but there was actually legitmate reason to have her appear here (I still like Vinyl scratch as her 'off-stage' name).

But it's just all the little things you notice with this episode, flipping between each character when they got interviewed.

Things like how they each thought how disastrous the opening was going to be, switching between the type of food each character ate to sort of reflect their style. 

Even with funny appearances like Coco and the daughter pony obsessed with spoons to emphasize some parts of the plot.  As others have said, it's kind of a reversal of castle sweet castle, which instead now was, let's handle things the way we do things. Since these pertain to our specific technical skills.

Biggest wtf moment was when that Pinkie Clone appeared in the back (what is she doing there?! Illuminati confirmed) and when AJ and Dash were being interviewed together, nice buddy action. Along with Coco's little cameo and loved the Rarity angel and devil advocates with Pinkie (hah nice subversion with the devil rarity lol). 

Overall, it was a good episode, but I kind of felt it was a bit of a 'safe bet' type of episode and that's why there isn't anything too much that I have against it.

Like it's a plot where Rarity needs help from her friends in a major situation. And it's not a new premise, but I wouldn't say it's cliched at this point. It's, kind of feels like a safe bet episode, because usually they're pretty good most of the time. Rarity-centric episodes tend to be pretty good, (which is why I keep calling it a 'safe' bet without causing too much drama). But good episode.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

post-15772-0-59534600-1463897434.jpg

Dash, why are you looking at me like that? :blush:

I already have a crush on a character that didn't appear in this one. That character might not be a pony, and is small, but that character can be so helpful. ^_^

mhm. it sure is kinda bad for twi to just leave him home :( hope he behaved well when they're gone

It's fine. My Ponysona, Will Guide hung out with Spike as we discuss dragon news from the Dragon Lands.

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

Best one so far in Season 6 but still a bit meh compared to other seasons. 

I suppose when it's a Rarity episode it can just do a bit better than most. The reason why it was interesting was because I was really wondering how they were going to resolve the raccoon, loud music, and Landlord's daughter problem. 

• Brohoof 1

The building owner had what I'm assuming is a Russian accent. I wonder if that means there are parts of Equestria or other pony lands that speak Russian? There's already a precedent with french...

Beyond the overthinking, great episode. Rarity is one of my favorite ponies and her episodes are usually very well rounded, must be why she's one of my favorites :please: .

Another episode with DJ-Pon3 and she has still yet to say a word..