How was this episode?  

204 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• It was bad; deplorable even.
    • I just didn't like it.
    • So much meh.
    • I liked it well enough.
    • It was FABULOUS Darling!

Yes it is 100% in contrast, which is why it worked splendidly for some. Sometimes you have to go with your style and sometimes you need to empathize and put yourself in the mindset of a friend. Some situations require that you try a different approach. 

That much I have to agree with.

Man, I have to say; I just finished rewatching this episode for probably the 15th/16th time (and I swear I'm not exaggerating, I've watched it so often) and it's still a really fun episode this many times in!

The pacing, the almost sitcom-like format (with the cutaways to the interview and whatnot), the great characterizations, the references and humor, and the payoff (I really liked the looks and design of the boutique at the end. It's a place I could definitely see the appeal to if it existed in real life) all help to really make the episode shine, I think.

I mean, I just can't believe how they were able to nail the episode the entire way through. It's one of those "catch lightning in a bottle" moments where it'd be really hard to pull off something so perfect again. But if they manage to, all the more power to 'em.

Just, man, I really really love this episode! :D

• Brohoof 5

This was a humorous episode that focused on the opening of Rarity's new boutique that we saw in episode 3. The interviews, Rarity consciences and most of the gags were enjoyable and some of the better comedy in the show.

Sweep, sweep, sweep, sweep....

• Brohoof 4

They didn't show Vinyl in the club?!

They did in the back..ugh why are the shoving her into the foreground..go bak the backgorund wher you belong BG pony.

I've been thinking about this episode and I'm wondering why didn't Rarity use her magic to teleport out of the front window display. Unless teleportation only works within a given space.

Rarity magic is more focused on fashion and levation mostly. I don't think she had the skill or abilty to teleport. unlike Twlight or starlight who have ha years of study. I thin kTeleportation is one of the higher spells really. I mean hell Twilight first teleport was an accident. "I didn't know that was going to happen"

• Brohoof 1

A minor quieton and it probalby not imporant but..Where was spike! I mean he wouldn't had a point in the plot but still.

my headcannon, he spent the day at the caste throwing a wild party

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Sweep, sweep, sweep, sweep.  

Think this is the new second best Rarity episode after Sweet and Elite.  Prob because of my Mane 6 bias and everypony was portrayed really positively.  And Rarity, ofc.  Third store! proud of you, cartoon equine!!  Also, as mentioned by Perricone and Jeric, it was definitely in direct contrast to "Castle Sweet Castle" but yes, must say that's a plus.  Advice works here, but not always there.  A good lesson.

Jokes were consistently funny, laughed several times.  :lol:   Thought Pinkie's "Too Many Pinkie Pies" joke, while a good idea, wasn't funny- but then the Pinkie Pie behind her was funny.  Oh, comedy.  

Do we know who designs the clothing?  So many outfits have been so lovely recently and while it is a fun feeling to give the credit to Rarity (Appropriate.) it would aalso be appropriate to appreciate a human too..  Is that part of character design, art design?  i know nothing.  but they're doing a wonderful job.

"This ragtag group of ne'er do wells- ooh! heavens, I think he means you- came together…"  she's so cute god why

Oh edit.  Do wanna say…one complaint…it would have been nice to have seen Starlight.  It'd be a great episode for her! she could develop a trait unrelated to REDEMPTION and show it off with decorating inspiration. <3  Ah well.  

Edited by CrystalRarity
  • Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this episode and I'm wondering why didn't Rarity use her magic to teleport out of the front window display. Unless teleportation only works within a given space.

Rarity doesn't have the ability to teleport. So far only Twilight, Celestia and Sunset Shimmer have been shown teleporting.

Mr. Stripes has lead a true slavic lifestyle. 

That Adidas jacket, the accent and the facial hair! Just all he needs is mayonnaise, sunflower seeds and a bottle of vodka to start his day. 

But no in seriousness, it was a good episode. I liked it a lot.

Edited by Kyo Sunbringer

Does Equestria not have laws to protect tenants from people like Mr Stripes, from surprise raises in rent?

The episode by the way was one of my favourite so far in season 6. It's format was unique.

• Brohoof 1

I laughed at RD's impression of Rarity. I like when the characters imitate the other characters. RD imitating everyone, Twilight imitating Pinkie at the end of her HWE song, Rarity (intentionally on Tabitha's part) butchering AJ's accent in the previous season (or was that season 4?) etc.

• 5 weeks later...

This episode was absolutely incredible. It deserves all of the praise that it gets. There is a reason why so many of us love it so much. MLP is already a great show, but when it hits all of the right marks like it did in this episode, you end up having something very special. The framing device was genius. The post interview style allowed for quick transitions and great reactions and jokes from everyone! My girl RD in particular was in top form :wub:. Why didn't any writer attempt this style of storytelling before? This just shows that Nick Confalone really has an understanding of how to write for this show. 

Usually, when we have an episode featuring the entire cast, someone inevitably gets the short end of the stick. This episode however, gave everyone ample amount of screen time without making anyone feel left out. This is a perfect 1st episode to show someone who is willing to give the show a watch.

If I could give this episode a rating higher than a 10, I would. The prime example of how the show should be written. All writers old and new alike, should watch this episode to get an idea of how an episode should be written. 10/10  :love:

• 1 month later...

Used to find this episode's environments slightly claustrophobic, but I have a much better appreciation for the style of the backgrounds now. It adds to that modern feel I love so much about the episode. Manehattan is shaping up to be my favourite setting in the entire series. Can every episode take place there? Earlier episodes only really had the place as a background, but this episode really gives the place a unique feel, and I freaking love it. More of Pinkie passing off the bill! More of dance clubs! More of landlords and their awful daughters! (okay, maybe not more Plaid Stripes.) It hardly needs to be said anymore that everyone is on top form here, either - this is neither a demonstration of their best qualities, and none of the characterization is especially deep, but the personalities are ON POINT. The lesson resonates more for me this time, but I still think it's a tad lightweight... which isn't saying much, of course, because the lesson is better-executed than many, and the humour more than makes up for the lack of weight. Also: Yay, Rarity! She's really made the big leagues now. So many dreams achieved this season! 

Also: Pinkie Pie MVP. 

Score: 

Humour: 10/10
Character: 9/10
Theme: 8/10
Story: 9/10
Overall: 90/100
Edited by AlexanderThrond

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

^ @ChB i dont know, but it catches my attention of how she looks like pinkie pie too xD and likes to PARTEY

i laughed so so much with this episode too. season 5 started harcore with pop culture references and crazy humour but season 6 i think they step up their game hahah i love it:love:

love so much it has that interview format paroding modern family. it gives a very fresh pacing. the same episode but told as usual in MLP wouldnt be as awesome.

also the jokes, a pinkie pie clone alive, NO SPOILERS, the swip swip swip swip remix..lmao perfect:D

Edited by Tropico
  • Brohoof 1

@Tropico Yeah, I love all the references in that episode and the show in general. In another forum, I was told that her name is Pacific Glow. 

Here is a  Sweep Remix Remix.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

Loved this one, although I wasn't really feeling it at first.

Many funny moments (loved the "sweep, sweep, sweep..."), except the interview thing that was getting boring after a while...

Edited by Blobulle