Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wouldn't the Earth Ponies get depressed after a while?

Fghik

I've thought of this for awhile. But based on what I've seen in the show, barring Rainbow Dash, the earth ponies seem to be physically the strongest out of the three classes. So maybe they're fine with just that.

Edited by SBaby

Well don't forget, what would an Earth Pony need to fly for? They have no need to go to Cloudsdale...I'm sure they would like to have magic though.

I don't know. In Winter Wrap-Up, Applejack was mighty angry when Sparkle used magic. Earth ponies might be too proud of working to the bone to want magic.

I've thought of this for awhile. But based on what I've seen in the show, barring Rainbow Dash, the earth ponies seem to be physically the strongest out of the three classes. So maybe they're fine with just that.

Even against Rainbow Dash, Applejack destroyed her in the kicking contest of Fall Weather Friends.
  • Brohoof 2

I don't know. In Winter Wrap-Up, Applejack was mighty angry when Sparkle used magic. Earth ponies might be too proud of working to the bone to want magic.

Even against Rainbow Dash, Applejack destroyed her in the kicking contest of Fall Weather Friends.

I do have to admit, I raised the BS flag in that episode, because magic isn't allowed, but the Pegasi who control the weather are technically using magic (you're not fooling anyone by insinuating that they aren't using magic), and Rarity uses magic to make those nests, so doesn't that defeat the purpose of disallowing magic? Or maybe they're just being hypocrites. This could end up coming up if they have another Winter Wrap-Up episode. Either that, or earth ponies aren't too bright and just think that telekenesis isn't a form of magic.

I only mentioned Rainbow Dash, because there are times when she's insanely powerful, like when she does a Sonic Rainboom on Apple Jack's barn and causes a nuclear explosion. And supposedly, she's going to be doing a double rainboom at some point in the future, wnere everything around her slows down and she moves at the speed of light.

But yes. Under normal circumstances, I'd say that Earth Ponies specialize in Strength, Pegasi specialize in Speed, and Unicorns specialize in Magic.

Edited by SBaby

I only mentioned Rainbow Dash, because there are times when she's insanely powerful, like when she does a Sonic Rainboom on Apple Jack's barn and causes a nuclear explosion.

But yes. Under normal circumstances, I'd say that Earth Ponies are Strength, Pegasi are Speed, and Unicorns are Magic.

I think it'd be better to say strength, agility, and intellect, respectively.

In my opinion, the Sonic Rainbomb was just for our entertainment. It was done because they wanted to do finish it with something awesome. She will, most likely, never do it again.

I think it'd be better to say strength, agility, and intellect, respectively.

In my opinion, the Sonic Rainbomb was just for our entertainment. It was done because they wanted to do finish it with something awesome. She will, most likely, never do it again.

I was just using RPG terminology. Magic is usually equated to intellect in most RPGs. And incidentally, Twilight, the best spellcaster in Equestria, is also one of the smartest characters in the show (usually).

As for the Sonic Rainboom, she's already done it again. Season 2, Episode 3. She blows up the barn with it. Once is an event, twice is a coincidence (she did it in Cutie Mark Chronicles too), three times is a pattern (especially now that she's applying it to daily tasks). In other words, it's pretty much a mechanic in the series now.

Edited by SBaby

I was just using RPG terminology. Magic is usually equated to intellect in most RPGs. And incidentally, Twilight, the best spellcaster in Equestria, is also one of the smartest characters in the show (usually).

As for the Sonic Rainboom, she's already done it again. Season 2, Episode 3. She blows up the barn with it. Once is an event, twice is a coincidence (she did it in Cutie Mark Chronicles too), three times is a pattern (especially now that she's applying it to daily tasks). In other words, it's pretty much a mechanic in the series now.

She's done the Sonic Rainboom twice and the Sonic Rainbomb once. The boom, I can see happening again. The bomb, not so much. She also has to multiply the speed of sound to do them, therefore her speed/agility is what is important, not so much her actual strength.

Earth ponies are without a doubt the physically strongest ponies in Equestria. Big Mac himself could wrestle against the full weight of almost all of the mares of Ponyville all at once. That is no small feat of strength...

• Brohoof 1

Earth ponies are power types. Lol

and if they make a MLP Z anime like they did with the power puff girls Z, the earth ponies will learn how to use their ki and will do the kamahameha. Lol jkjk

In Manehattan, the earth ponies all have their high society, so they're not all downtrodden producers of food.

True.

I don't think either the unicorns or Earth ponies have one type of society, some are royalty and/or live in high society while others do what can be considered the ones who do the dirty work.

• 4 years later...

Why do people assume earth ponies are jealous of the others? They seem pretty content to me. They dont need magic to get things done. Im pretty sure if there was an apocalypse..earth ponies (and alicorns) would be the only ones left standing.

Fluttershy would probably gladly trade her wings away

Fluttershy would probably gladly trade her wings away

Everypony seems to be comfortable in their own skin in the show, and do and enjoy things that their individual talents (along with their race) allows.

If Equestria was real and I ended up there as anything but a unicorn, I would be seriously bummed tho. But then again, if I had been borne in said "real" Equestria as an earth Pony, I would enjoy doing what my body afforded, I am sure...

• 3 weeks later...

Everypony seems to be comfortable in their own skin in the show, and do and enjoy things that their individual talents (along with their race) allows.

If Equestria was real and I ended up there as anything but a unicorn, I would be seriously bummed tho. But then again, if I had been borne in said "real" Equestria as an earth Pony, I would enjoy doing what my body afforded, I am sure...

Yeah i would want to be a unicorn too because i am lazy and hate manual labor and i love magic.

But im tired of people calling earth ponies inferior because they cant fly or do magic..

No they are not inferior..how would a unicorn act without a horn? Or a pegasus without wings? They wouldnt cope cus they need it to do stuff

An earth pony doesnt. People who call them inferior are just people who wouldnt want to be earth ponies themselves..then they call them inferior because thats what the individual thinks

• Brohoof 1

Hornheads are the lords and masters of the Pegasi, who are the military and the Earth ponies, who tend to their masters' lands and mansions

It'd make for a good dystopia fanfic or something

Watch who you are calling a "Horn Head" there little dirt pony! You don't want to end up like Maud Pie, do you?! Remember how we took away her drive and personality. Now get back in line!

• Brohoof 1

i'd like to say thay Earth ponies wouldn't feel depressed because they are feeding the rest of the species, you know MLP reminds me of Japan Feudal where different class of people exists, earth ponies are hard workers, and i think that unicorns and pegasus are the ones who may have depression status because what they do is little compared to the hard things earth ponies do, take a look to applejack, she doesn't need wings or a horn, she needs her.. FLANKS :wub: to feel complete and further than that i feel that earth ponies may think that have a horn or wings may be fun at first but then they realize that are useless according to what they do like. i feel earth ponies are the happiest ones because they dont have to learn to fly or learn magic to be happy

Watch who you are calling a "Horn Head" there little dirt pony! You don't want to end up like Maud Pie, do you?! Remember how we took away her drive and personality. Now get back in line!

Yes mistress~

All glory be to the unicorn master race

• Brohoof 1