Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Think The Movie Will Mark The End Of Friendship Is Magic?

OmegaBeamOfficial

True, I guess It'd be cool have some kind of flashback of Celestia's solo rule.

not to mention a celestia and luna episode, the haven't shown any bonding between the 2 at all...

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

not to mention a celestia and luna episode, the haven't shown any bonding between the 2 at all...

Yeah, I'd also like to see Luna handled better as a character in general. In Do Princesses Dream Of Magic Sheep, the characters resolved Luna's depression literally by just saying "stop feeling bad, get over it.". Depression and self harm is a much more advanced issue than that, and in real life, saying just get over it Isn't gonna help.

Edited by OmegaBeamOfficial
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah, I'd also like to see Luna handled better as a character in general. In Do Princesses Dream Of Magic Sheep, the characters resolved Luna's depression literally by just saying "stop feeling bad, get over it.". Depression and self harm is a much more advanced issue than that, and in real life, saying just get over it Isn't gonna help.

i want more character building for celestia as well.. so many people don't like her :c saying she is the bad one for banishing luna and saying she is too god like, its just not true, an episode on.. idk luna and celestia getting together and discussing what happened in the past and how to fix it for good and go over how celestia felt the whole time

• Brohoof 1

i want more character building for celestia as well.. so many people don't like her :c saying she is the bad one for banishing luna and saying she is too god like, its just not true, an episode on.. idk luna and celestia getting together and discussing what happened in the past and how to fix it for good and go over how celestia felt the whole time

Now that you mention it, Celestia needs some better character development... My main problem with her is that most of the time she either exists as an exposition device, is there just for the sake of being there, and other than one time in Season 4, rarely actually tries to help with the dire situations when they come around. And the elements of harmony belonging to the Mane 6 now is no excuse, Celestia gave Twilight a substantial amount of power in the Season 4 finale. I see potential in her character, I really do, especially with her relationship with Twilight, but she needs more than that to be more than OK in my book.

• Brohoof 1

Now that you mention it, Celestia needs some better character development... My main problem with her is that most of the time she either exists as an exposition device, is there just for the sake of being there, and other than one time in Season 4, rarely actually tries to help with the dire situations when they come around. And the elements of harmony belonging to the Mane 6 now is no excuse, Celestia gave Twilight a substantial amount of power in the Season 4 finale. I see potential in her character, I really do, especially with her relationship with Twilight, but she needs more than that to be more than OK in my book.

well if ya look at my profile you'll see that everypony is best pony, every pony is different and special in their own way :P and for that i love them all (with exception to bad guys but that's ok because they can just as easily be reformed to good)

• Brohoof 1

I don't think that the movie release will mark the end of series. There are still many ideas that can make great episodes and I guess Hasbro will keep on making new stuff as long as it bring profit. So they will try to stick to that generation as both kids and us bronies love it. Evevrybody is happy and I doubt they will change it soon.

• Brohoof 3

I don't think that the movie release will mark the end of series. There are still many ideas that can make great episodes and I guess Hasbro will keep on making new stuff as long as it bring profit. So they will try to stick to that generation as both kids and us bronies love it. Evevrybody is happy and I doubt they will change it soon.

amen bro, couldn't say it better /)

• Brohoof 1

Once the movie was announced, I had a inkling it was going to be the series finale. However, knowing how every season finale since Season 3 has been made to FEEL like the series concluding, we can't be too certain about it.

The synopsis of the film makes me think it'll be continued as it doesn't sound like a scenario that will end this generation. We'll have to see after Season 7 before the film whether we get any storyline conclusions to give clues to the film ending it all, unfortunately until then, I'm really not sure.

• Brohoof 1

If it is the end i'd be pretyt sad mosty cause i'd have nothing more to watch on TV. or well hard to relate to things. -_- oh dear im a shut in aren't I

• Brohoof 1

The movie could be a self contained storyline. I don't think even Hasbro would commit the emotional/economic blackmail of ending the show with a theatrical release. If anything, it could be like the Cowboy Bebop movie, taking place well before the dramatic series conclusion. Time will tell.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, that'd suck huh? Good things can't last forever...

I mean one more season I can see but beyond season 7 possible yeah it not going to last. maybe the comics will keep going and cuh but the tV show probably not.  But made a few buddies on this site but nothign outside of 'Hello freind"

• Brohoof 1

I mean one more season I can see but beyond season 7 possible yeah it not going to last. maybe the comics will keep going and cuh but the tV show probably not.  But made a few buddies on this site but nothign outside of 'Hello freind"

I don't read the comics so if the TV Show ends I'll be ponyless either way, comics still going or not. My prediction is one more season before or after the movie and then to end it there.

If it is the end i'd be pretyt sad mosty cause i'd have nothing more to watch on TV. or well hard to relate to things. -_- oh dear im a shut in aren't I

Same here. MLP is one of the last things on TV that I enjoy watching.

• Brohoof 1

The synopsis of the film makes me think it'll be continued as it doesn't sound like a scenario that will end this generation. We'll have to see after Season 7 before the film whether we get any storyline conclusions to give clues to the film ending it all, unfortunately until then, I'm really not sure.

Going to be honest, the Synopsis for the film is about as barebones as you can get at this point. Its basically "Evil force attacks, the ponies must go on a journey and stop it!" :P

We'll get more info as it gets closer to time, but I think its way too early to call things based on the synopsis just yet.

• Brohoof 1

Well if it is the end. It may reveal the truth behind everything in the show. But they may have a spin-off Q-A series where people will comment questions about how things worked in the show and then they will be answered in the show in the realistic technical format. I believe this is very likely the case AFTER the MLP movie.

• Brohoof 1

Well, a part of me wants FiM to go on and on for some more time but nothing lasts forever (except Pokemon and One Piece, I guess), and this movie might mark the end of G4, seeing how season 6 is getting less like the first 3/4 seasons and more fanservice-y (?) for the fans.

I think this is going to be like Love Live! The School Idol Movie: this generation we all know and love will end, but we'll soon get a new generation (hopefully) not to replace the current one, but to live on its name.

• Brohoof 1

I Think No Cause I Saw A Banner. It's Says The Magic Begins In 2017. Maybe The Show Will Still Continue. Cause It Says Its Just Begun. What Do You Think?

Can you link to that banner? Because I'm going to go out on a limb and supposit that the banner most probably would have been referring to the 2017 movie. ("the magic begins" doesn't sound like a proper way to refer to FIM since its "begun" a long time ago)

• Brohoof 1

I have a feeling it is. Or at least it's gonna be a major change to FiM. The show already feels like it's close to ending, with the main 'mane character' (Twi) not being featured very much recently.

• Brohoof 1