Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Think The Movie Will Mark The End Of Friendship Is Magic?

OmegaBeamOfficial

Well it's true that *Lauren* didn't do it for the money.

As for Hasbro, that's a different story. :P

But it could have been why she left. :/

Well, maybe. What I heard is she was pissed about what Hasbro were doing with the franchise with Equestria Girls and the Princess Twilight idea, but those were probably just rumours. It's kind of funny considering EG actually turned out OK (Well, to me anyway.) and most people eventually warmed up to the Princess Twilight thing, and she didn't become a Mary Sue.

Welp, Adventure Time is ending. MLP can't be too far behind.

Adventure Time is ending? What? Darn it... Might as well wait for the reboot in a decade that will prove to be a husk of the original show's self... This is why we can't have nice things...

I highly doubt it'll end anything soon. In the end, FiM is just a promotion of the toys, since all of the Brony fandom founded during G4 and its show, it would be a highly risky move to come up with something new. It would put pressure on G5 and high expectations which will only lead to disappointment. Looking at the income, it's a way better move to continue the show for God knows how many seasons.

• Brohoof 1

I got a good feeling the show will continue for a season or three, after the movie. I don't know why, I just do.

I sure hope it won't end that soon. I would like it to stay as long as possible. 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I suspected it might be at first but I no longer think that's the case.

All of the updates we've heard so far are emphasising new characters and locations. It would be odd to do a lot of world building in a movie that's intended to be a grand finale.

• Brohoof 1

A while ago, I thought the MLP:FiM movie was going to be the end of G4, but seeing as FiM on Youtube lists nine seasons for the show, I seriously doubt it.

I think that's pretty good and bad, for obvious reasons.  :derp:

I'd really, really love it if it kept going, but seeing as the show's seemed to run out of ideas, if they're going to make a finale in the future , they should make it great!  :yay:

Edited by Comix Strike
  • Brohoof 2

A while ago, I thought the MLP:FiM movie was going to be the end of G4, but seeing as FiM on Youtube lists nine seasons for the show, I seriously doubt it.

What, when did this happen?

• Brohoof 1

Welp, Adventure Time is ending. MLP can't be too far behind.

It shouldn't. I fear we are close to the point the show will jump the shark. Then again, if the movie proves successful, it would be financial suicide to wrap up everything. Besides, we are not yet at the 5 years of ideas for ponies announced a while back. I think FiM should end soon, but it would be a good idea to open another spinoff. Of what? I dunno, but I think the Mane6 should relief their protagonist status 

• Brohoof 2

If the show would end I feel like they should do a more mature version of mlp. I'm not saying go full adult on this. Although I would like to see them handle more mature topics.

• Brohoof 1

Nope. It won't end. Other cartoon shows are made from creativity and are used for pure entertainment. While MLP is creative and entertaining it's main purpose is to act as a catalyst for the Hasbro toy line. Since they've had amazing success with this show so far they won't cash it in just yet for a G5. Plus Equestria Girls might get a show depending on how well the mini series does. MLP isn't a normal cartoon so it won't follow normal procedures. If you axe me, we're gonna get a triliogy, 2 spin off series, virtual mlp game, and eventually Hasbro is just gonna buy out all the other cartoon networks.

Also
>Implying the ride ever ends

• Brohoof 1

Another thing that I think may happen is they could use the movie as a way to assess whether or not they should continue or cancel the show. If the movie is successful, there may be many people who will get more interested in the show, so they may continue it then. Similarly, if the movie is not successful, they may realize that it is time to wrap up the series.

• Brohoof 2

If it won't officially, it will for me. I've already explained myself in my rant thread about the S6 finale... Considering that Meghan Mcarthy and Jayson Thiessen are behind its direction my worries for it are less than zero but.... I PREY to God, Jesus, and all the saints of this world that by the time the Movie is released the S7 won't screw up the Mane 6 more than the S6 finale already did....

• Brohoof 2

I suppose it would make sense to have next year's movie to mark the end since Friendship is Magic will have been through seven seasons, four Equestria Girls movies, and three Equestria Girls specials prior to the movie. Finishing it all up with a grand movie would be an excellent move from a marketing perspective, but from the fandom's perspective, it will be a mixed bag that depends on how strong the passion is for the brand.

Of course, Hasbro could say that they'll continue on with the show after the movie, and the status quo will remain mostly intact, but then if events from the movie are canon with the show, then it could open up some new possibilities none of us expect.

• Brohoof 4

I suppose it would make sense to have next year's movie to mark the end since Friendship is Magic will have been through seven seasons, four Equestria Girls movies, and three Equestria Girls specials prior to the movie. Finishing it all up with a grand movie would be an excellent move from a marketing perspective, but from the fandom's perspective, it will be a mixed bag that depends on how strong the passion is for the brand.

Of course, Hasbro could say that they'll continue on with the show after the movie, and the status quo will remain mostly intact, but then if events from the movie are canon with the show, then it could open up some new possibilities none of us expect.

It is not going to end FiM

• Brohoof 2

It is not going to end FiM

You never know what might happen. I personally want to see the show continue on past the movie but in the end, Hasbro makes the decision.

• Brohoof 4

You never know what might happen. I personally want to see the show continue on past the movie but in the end, Hasbro makes the decision.

Hasbro will not end their most successful show. unless they want to stop making profits from it Edited by Feather Data
  • Brohoof 2

Hasbro will not end their most successful show. unless they want to stop making profits from it

Or they wanted to retool it and turn it into generation five.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just check out Hasbro's investor website. Other than their partner brands (Frozen, Star Wars etc), My Little Pony is one of their biggest brands.

The reason why the movie was made is because the MLP brand has not yet reached its potential. So I doubt if it will end there.

And Equestria Girls, probably their biggest gamble is still in transition.

Why would Brian Goldner decide to kill one of their biggest brands, that too after probably spending millions on marketing a movie!

I also think this will end on a high note.

There is no use of ending on a high note if your revenue falls next year.

Edited by 4april
  • Brohoof 2