Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What channel should Hasbro put Guardians of Harmony (pending they make it)?

TheAnimatorOfficial

Unless it's the Powerpuff Girls, I don't remember many shows with female protagonists doing well on CN. And considering the other Hasbro show, RiD(2015) gets screwed a lot on CN too, I wouldn't be surprised if they avoided CN.

Honestly between this, Disney XD, and Nick, if they made a GoH cartoon, they're better off just putting them online or netflix

Unless it's the Powerpuff Girls, I don't remember many shows with female protagonists doing well on CN. And considering the other Hasbro show, RiD(2015) gets screwed a lot on CN too, I wouldn't be surprised if they avoided CN.

Honestly between this, Disney XD, and Nick, if they made a GoH cartoon, they're better off just putting them online or netflix

*cough We are the crystal gems *cough

I'm all for them staying on Discovery Family. It may be a smaller channel with a small reach than either CN, Disney, or Nick, but at least MLP is top-dog when it comes to the animated series. MLP would be severely bumped down if it was on one of the bigger channels and there is no guarantee they would be any better with advertising, IMO.

(edited)

*cough We are the crystal gems *cough

Having a boy be the main protagonist  with the titular character himself certainly helps though.

I've actually read somewhere that many creators said it's difficult to get a show on Cartoon Network greenlit if it stars a female lead or a female cast(Power Puff Girls seems to be the exception to the rule). The only other shows I can think of that had a female lead was The Life and Times of Juniper Lee and Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi, both of which CN liked to fuck over last I remember. It might've been the Stuart Snyder era for that though so I don't know how much has changed now. This coupled with the fact that the last two Hasbro shows they had, Transformers Animated and Robots In Disguise 2015, got really screwed over by CN, makes me not want to trust them. 

Edited by Megatron

If there was a way to integrate advertising (a key component for Hasbro) ... Netflix, Prime Video or Hulu would be the best bet.

Absent that, CN or Disney ... though DF has gotten better at handling advertising.

(edited)

I'm all for them staying on Discovery Family. It may be a smaller channel with a small reach than either CN, Disney, or Nick, but at least MLP is top-dog when it comes to the animated series. MLP would be severely bumped down if it was on one of the bigger channels and there is no guarantee they would be any better with advertising, IMO.

The problem is Discovery Family would NEVER allow a fully action/adventure show.

Oh, and Cartoon Network's advertising is infinitely better than DF's.

Having a boy be the main protagonist with the titular character himself certainly helps though.

I've actually read somewhere that many creators said it's difficult to get a show on Cartoon Network greenlit if it stars a female lead or a female cast(Power Puff Girls seems to be the exception to the rule). The only other shows I can think of that had a female lead was The Life and Times of Juniper Lee and Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi, both of which CN liked to fuck over last I remember. It might've been the Stuart Snyder era for that though so I don't know how much has changed now. This coupled with the fact that the last two Hasbro shows they had, Transformers Animated and Robots In Disguise 2015, got really screwed over by CN, makes me not want to trust them.

Here's the thing though: MLP already has a giant male following, and CN knows this.

About Hasbro getting screwed, MLP is a cash cow. CN puts TTG in the spotlight because it is the most profitable, just like MLP.

Edited by TheAnimatorOfficial

Being on CN would kill MLP, CN currently has a rule with all of its shows being 11 minute shorts, each episode of every show currently on CN is designed to be background noise, quick 11 minute shorts so they can show a lot in a short period of time, its designed to be put on and your children watch it all day long, and lets not forget its sporadic release schedule for its shows,  with new episodes being released whenever they feel like it, and often in batches, youll get new episodes uploaded daily, then 2 months later another batch. 

(edited)

Here's the thing though: MLP already has a giant male following, and CN knows this.

About Hasbro getting screwed, MLP is a cash cow. CN puts TTG in the spotlight because it is the most profitable, just like MLP.

So was Transformers when they aired Animated which debuted only a few months after the insanely successful first movie, and they still treated it like shit. And that was a Cartoon Network Original, which GoH probably won't be

Basically what I'm saying is, I don't trust CN

Edited by Megatron

Okay, if not CN then Disney XD or Disney Channel. If they are going to allow a friggin Hotel Transylvania series (please end my suffering) then they should easily allow a MLP series, especially with a similar type of audience as its films.