Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where is Equestria?

Grtxkkyz

I've always liked to think of it as Earth in the distant future. Or possibly a different planet, but either way it's somewhere in our galaxy. They mentioned our constellations several times

• Brohoof 1

How 'bout this; Equestria is located on an Earth that is in a parallel dimension!!!!! Which basically means that Pinkie Pie could still whip a human out of thin air if she pulled him/her out of one of her space-time continuum ripping portals; hey, it could happen, I mean she did the same exact thing with Vinyl (YOU ALL KNOW THAT'S WHAT REALLY HAPPENED, I MEAN, C'MON, SHE WASN'T JUST WAITING UNDER THE TABLE OR SOMETHING!!! THAT'D SIMPLY MAKE TOO MUCH SENSE FOR PINKIE PIE)!!!!!!

I still cannot get over the fact that pinkie pie rips Vinyl scratch out of nowhere in the first second.

• Brohoof 2

I still cannot get over the fact that pinkie pie rips Vinyl scratch out of nowhere in the first second.

Just don't fight it man; after two seasons of Pinkie defying the laws of physics, even by Equestrian standards, at every chance she gets, I'm just not even surprised anymore. I've simply accepted that she is the physical manifestation of anti-physics. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I'd say about 2 years from now. They've already succeeded in controlling our minds. So we're already too weak to fight back when their unicorn and pegasus armies invade.

You seriously don't think they invented saddles and barns themselves, do you? That would be them making things to limit their own freedom. And that makes less sense than the talking horses themselves.

Well according to some fanfics I've read, if you walk deep into the woods, you'll wind up in the Everfree Forest- I thought it seemed legit. ;)

If it were THAT easy the haters would be rid of us once and for all.

• 3 months later...

It's on TV that's where...

but really it couldn't be another dimension, i studied the mathematics between dimensions. I conclude it isn'tanother dimension

here is why...

they would be living in the 3rd D

in the 1st D they wouldn't be able to see anything but a dot.

the 2nd D which is infinite 1st D's they would see line segments

in the 3D composed of infinite 2nd D's (our dimension) We actually only see true 2D, only due to lighting, size, do we get a sense of depth

4D would see true 3D and is composed of infinite 3D's (seeing all sides of an object at once) represented by a tesseract.

now judging they see like us...

have "similar" physics

aren't omnipresent (except pinkie pie)

i would suggest they are just on another planet or undiscovered galaxy of sorts.

(Time is not the 4th dimension!)

it is not in anyway bound to one dimension.

Edited by Rainbow Dashey

• 1 month later...

I believe it's another dimension because there's different types of dimensions that have a different twist on things. So that's why i think Equestria is in another universe other than ours.

My personal headcanon is that the MLP world is an alternate dimension, with different qualities than the one we live in as well as different versions of everything.

I like to imagine that in the world of MLP, there is a ponified version of everyone on Earth and vice-versa. They have different names but similar if not the same personalities. For example I imagine that ponysonas are just the brain peeking into the alternate dimension ever so slightly, only being able to see bits and parts of it. That's where the show came from, and where our 'ponysonas' came from.

So my headcanon is that each person here is a pony in that dimension.

If only that were real, because then they'd be a human Rainbow Dash.

Equestria is Earth but it is an Earth were the indigenous species (us) evolved differently and and more quickly scientifically creating the lie that is magic which is the dirty secret of Celestia and Luna who were at the forefront of scientific research and after they discovered a way to imbed their scientific findings into the natural horns that had formed on some of the ponies in this lands head for protection. The council had decided to give this "magic" as they called it to the Unicorns due to the fact that they had only a horn for defence which paled in comparison to the strength of the Earth ponies and the flight of the Pegasi. The scientists had to test to their new finding on how to insert the "magic" into the Unicorns, but they didn't know where to put it and how to get the properties of the "magic" handed down through genetics. After much debating and thinking they came to an agreement on where to put the magic and how do get it handed down, they decided to put the magic in the horn and to use their newly developed and highly controversial stem cells to help it get passed down, but unfortunately the stem cells weren't very stable and their power decayed over time making it so that every 16 generations the the magic becomes too weak and has to be replace. The embedding of the magic in the Unicorns needed to be tested before it could be used on the public, Celestia and Luna decided to be the test subjects due to their knowledge on the subject and their stubborn need to be more than what they already were.

this a skeleton for my fanfic and was inspired by this thread ;)

I think if Equestria exists (which it probably does if you want to think about different universes and such) it would be far far far away in some other galaxy... which sucks because we will probably never be able to get there.

• 2 months later...

I hope it's not against the rules if I bump this thread, didn't say so in the global community rules. I feel this is a pretty interesting topic and merits more discussion.

Pinkie Pie does say, in Hearth Warming's Eve, "The Earth is round!" to Applejack when they were talking about a map. Which is interesting, because if they really were on Earth then the roles of Celestia and Luna raising the Sun and moon would be obsolete given that the Sun doesn't move and the moon moves by itself. I suppose the explanation would be that yes, it's a parallel universe on a planet called Earth, but there's only one continent called Equestria so they refer to it as that rather than Earth.

Gosh, it's fun to think of what possibilities there are XD

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 2

Hey, I have an idea. What if it's set thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of years into the future, where humans have died out and ponies have become the new dominant species? That would explain them being on Earth - remember that Pinkie Pie quote that mentioned Earth - and also the lack of humans. As for the manual movement of the sun and the moon, perhaps a cosmic event meant that the Earth stopped moving, or something along those lines? Then they'd have to tuck away the sun and moon to prevent baking one side of the Earth and then freezing the other.

• Brohoof 1

The way I look at it, Equestra is in a completely different dimension. Comparing Equestria & Earth is like comparing Hyrule & Termina: they're completely different worlds.

Edited by Vallo

I'm going to copy my own response directly from another similar topic I just posted in.

In my opinion, Equestria is a country. I think that Equestria is just one country out of many, in parallel universe that is human-less and the dominant species are ponies. Everything is probably pretty much the same, minus some names here and there. To back up the multiple countries theory (like a few others have mentioned before), "Saddle Arabia" seems to be it's own country. Most definitely the counterpart of Saudi Arabia, due to it's name and what the ponies were wearing in the Trixie episode.

Now to add to that.

It is very possible, considering there could be trillions of parallel universes, that there is actually something like this. A universe very similar to ours, yet run by ponies, is completely plausible. No doubt, it would be very different compared to Earth for a few reasons. The names of different places are different. The layout of the actual Earth would be different, as seen by... well in every episode.

If anyponies interested, here's an apparently official map of Equestria:

Map_of_Equestria_online_version_2012-08.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

In my eyes, it is possible for it to exist in a different universe. I have 2 reasons for this, both based on the idea of infinite universes (multiverse)

1. Big Bang: This would work if the universe split to allow every possibility to happen. Say that Earth never happened. There is a universe for that. Not a fan of Mars? There is a universe for that to. With this idea, a universe could exist, almost identical to our own but with Equestria existing on Earth.

2. Creating Deity: Another way to look at it could be if the universes were created by a living organism. This theory is that every time a living thing must make a decision,the universe splits to create a universe in which every possibility is catered for. Thus the "Creating Deity" would have had the choice to create an endless amount of universes containing Equestria.