Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Would you have a relationship with a Robot?

Vulcan

What if there came a time in your lifetime , where you could buy androids that look and act exactly like humans and/or *Insert Fictional Character here* . They could be suited to fit your preferences exactly (They would even have variants that look like Pones). They would even be able to mimic the emotions and personality of Fictional characters. They would be so accurate that unless you knew they were a robot , you would never be able to tell....

You'd never have to feel Rejection , Heartbreak, Bickering or any of the negative  feelings that come with a natural relationship. (Unless you want to) 

photo.jpg  "Sounds Good"- Krillin 

...but it would still not be a human, It could mimic ageing and to an extent it would learn from you, But underneath it's human-like skin, It would still be made up of circuits and parts and nothing you can do can change that.

Would you date one?  

Edited by Crescent Light
  • Brohoof 3

no doubt there are some who would but not me

Why would you say so? :o 

Could I have a harem of the Mane Six, please? 

You definitely could  :P

• Brohoof 2

The thing with Robots is, that they have no emotions. If the Robot is programmed to love you and is bound to you, it still dosen't love you. It's just made that way.

I probably would. But it's more like having a relationship with your favorite gaming console, if that makes sense. :P

i wouldn't. Besides the fact that Sci-Fi has instilled a fear of humanoid robots into me, but the whole relationship (if you could even call that) would be so artificial and one-sided. Sure, it might stave off loneliness for a while, but eventually you'de have to face teh facts that this machine doesn't love you, but is merely programmed to simulate it. 

Hell, Futurama pretty much explained why the idea of a robot girl/boyfriend is a bad idea.

The thing with something perfect is, that it wouldn't actually be perfect. You'll probably get bored and/or unsatisfied after a short amount of time. The human brain is a weird thing... according to the human brain :P

Regardless, I'd still try a relationship with a robot ^^

The thing with Robots is, that they have no emotions. If the Robot is programmed to love you and is bound to you, it still dosen't love you. It's just made that way.

Humans are programmed. When you see a hot woman/man (whatever you prefer) you can't help but feel attracted to them. That is evolutionary programming. Who is to say a robot's love is not real?

Check the movie Cherry 2000. The guy has a realistic robot girlfriend that cooks and does the sex. What else does a man need? Of course I would date that robot.

• Brohoof 1

If it learned as well as a human, and had the initial personality I desire in a partner, i don't see why not, hell i'd even try to make cybernetic kids!

And for the record, If she had to be a pony either purple smart or Octavia are at my top list, if not the the great and powerful trixie if i'm feeling blue.

• Brohoof 1

I would have no problem with this, I mean, a human is just neurons programmed to love you as well.

Difference being that the human would love you based on your actions, while the robot would love you unconditionally.

I can't say for sure if it would bother me in the long run, but I'd definitely give it a try.

• Brohoof 2

No, I don't think so. I'd rather be in a relationship with someone who loved me for me, and wasn't just programmed to love me unconditionally. I wouldn't be any more special than anyone else in the eyes of a robot.

Edited by SparklingSwirls

Humans do not love you for "you." Love does not exist. Love is just nature's way of getting you to reproduce. Therefore, a sentient robot that was physically identical to a human would be better. A lot of people on these forums are attracted to cartoon characters!

• Brohoof 1

Real love takes time and effort to develop between people, which is more rewarding than simply having a robot programmed to "love" you, in my opinion. When you mention "no bickering", I would assume that this robot would simply give in all the time to avoid conflict? If that's the case, I would feel put off because I find it important for people to have their own convictions. Yes, bickering isn't fun or desirable, but a pushover as a partner would also make me uneasy. Plus, being able to resolve disagreements can help you to grow together and deepen your relationship. I also feel pretty creeped out by the idea of being romantic with something synthetic anyway, it's just not my thing. :P

• Brohoof 4

Is this supposed to be about that one Futurama about Bender and Amy involving Robosexuality? In fact, that's what this topic should be about, 'cause talking about that episode makes much more sense.

• Brohoof 1

Is this supposed to be about that one Futurama about Bender and Amy involving Robosexuality? In fact, that's what this topic should be about, 'cause talking about that episode makes much more sense.

Or Fry dating a robot. That's what I want.

• Brohoof 1

Nah, It was inspired from thinking about X-J9 who is also a robot...download_normal.gif

• Brohoof 1

Nope, I do not really see that happening in any scenario or any period of time, no matter how advanced an A.I. is.

To put it simply, it would lack a lot of humanity personality traits, and just "humanity" in general. 

Though, on a related note, Futurama did have an episode centered around "Robosexuality Marriage Rights".  XD 

• Brohoof 4