Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What games deserve a sequel?

cider float

That's the concept of a sequel. Take what you've done before, and improve on it while keeping the game the same at It's core. Saying that is like complaining that the 2D Mario games are "the same games 4 times over" just because they have the same core gameplay.

Except those aren't different games with the same core gamplay, they're the same 4 games. They're all about the same Lylat Wars, exact same story, same freaking dialogue on top of same gameplay. Absolutely nothing about them screams "sequel" 

Only Starfox Zero feels different, and even then it's only a change that can be summed up as "literally Starfox 64 with shitty gimmicks"

• Brohoof 1

Except those aren't different games with the same core gamplay, they're the same 4 games. They're all about the same Lylat Wars, exact same story, same freaking dialogue on top of same gameplay. Absolutely nothing about them screams "sequel" 

Only Starfox Zero feels different, and even then it's only a change that can be summed up as "literally Starfox 64 with shitty gimmicks"

I agree with you on the story, and that maybe they could have added more to it, but you can't say that there's absolutely nothing different about them. And granted, I'm not a fan of wanting to puke due to motion controls while playing Star Fox Zero, at least they tried to do something different. I'm sure the double screen thing could have worked fine if they just implemented it better, they've gotta use that Wii U gamepad screen somehow.

I'd love a sequel to Super Mario 64/Sunshine. Unfortunately, "everyone" just loved Super Mario Galaxy so much that a third rehash of the boring linear worlds that we've had in every single Mario platforming game post-Sunshine is pretty much confirmed.

I'd love a sequel to the original two Paper Mario's. Unfortunately, that series has gone straight down the toilet, and they've even acknowledged that they won't do RPG Paper Marios anymore, because they have Mario and Luigi series for that... BUT hasn't the Mario & Luigi series also gone on its own tangent?

This is quite a problem with Nintendo and Mario series'. They end up completely eliminating the gameplay they were doing originally, and then pretend as if they're still making it, all while all of the games end up feeling the same... But them (and fans) are in complete denial to this fact.

Also would love a Golden Sun sequel. But that's equally hopeless. I knew the hope was dead when they removed Isaac's AT in Super Smash Bros. How cruel.

• Brohoof 1

I said this in another thread, but I would be curious about hypothetical Spore 2. Not much hope that EA, if they decided to have another Spore game made, would make it well, but ideally it would be closer to demo they showed in 2005, have more aspects of the game based off of reality rather than being so simplified as the original game became by the time of its release.

I would love to have more games cover the concept of evolution.

• Mega Man X (PSP)

Yesyesyesyes a million times this

The original plan was to redo the entire series on the PSP. I can only imagine seeing how great MHX2 or MHX4 would've been

• Brohoof 1

Ever since PAC-MAN World 3, they seemed to abandon the series for some reason. I wish that they made a PAC-MAN World 4, remaining in the design he was in for the first few games rather than the meh design of PAC-MAN from Ghostly Adventures. I found PAC-MAN World 2 to be super fun and challenging and I would like to see the series continue.

I also want a Super Monkey Ball 3 with the original designs of the characters. I like the old designs better because I prefer some things more simple.

Edited by gamecubeguy214

• Mega Man X (PSP)
  • Alex Kidd in Miracle World *Proper* (SMS)
  • Daxter (PSP)
  • Index (PSP)
  • Sonic Advance II *Proper* (GBA)

Yes, I'd love to see more remastered MMX games, that would be awesome. Daxter would be pretty cool too, but considering no Jak And Daxter games have been made in a LONG time, I doubt It'll ever happen. Also, you know there was a Sonic Advance 3 right?

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I'd love to see more remastered MMX games, that would be awesome. Daxter would be pretty cool too, but considering no Jak And Daxter games have been made in a LONG time, I doubt It'll ever happen. Also, you know there was a Sonic Advance 3 right?

I asterisked *Proper* as denotations. {What I've left out:} The reason is I believe those sequels were made poorly. And a redo (in my opinion) would be nice, lol.  :P

• Brohoof 1

I asterisked *Proper* as denotations. {What I've left out:} The reason is I believe those sequels were made poorly. And a redo (in my opinion) would be nice, lol.  :P

Oh, well that's fine I guess. I think Advance 3 was actually pretty good, but Advance 4 sounds like a nice idea. I think if they combined different elements from all of the three games, the stuff each game got right, because there were some parts in each game that were done better than in the others, it could be pretty cool. Since the Gameboy Advance era is past now though... The best we can hope for is a remastered release of the first 3 games, maybe on the 3DS.

• Brohoof 1

Fallout deserves GOOD sequels

Fallout NV felt more like a proper Fallout 3 than Fallout 3 did

I'm hoping we'll get another Fallout from Obsidian but it's probably never gonna happen.

Obsidian knew what to do with Fallout while I feel like 3 and 4 just got lost along the way. NV is my favourite for a very good reason. 

I'd also love to see another Jak and Daxter but if doing that ruins the franchise, then just leave it dead. At least it didn't turn into Spyro and Crash recently.

• Brohoof 2

I'd also love to see another Jak and Daxter but if doing that ruins the franchise, then just leave it dead. At least it didn't turn into Spyro and Crash recently.

Spyro and Crash recently? I'm pretty sure those two haven't had games in years, at least up until Crash Remastered was announced, but they haven't had any new games, unless you count Skylanders but I don't think that's a Spyro or Crash game, It's just a game with Crash and Spyro thrown in it.

Half Life 2 is the most unoriginal preference but I would so love to see a sequel to that game:c

• 4 years later...

I'd love to see Bully get a sequel. It's a great game and I think a sequel has so much potential. Honestly, I'd rather see a Bully 2 than a Grand Theft Auto 6

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd really love to see Metal Gear Rising sequel. Even tho the storyline is over, they left a room for another story in the end. Such games are extremely rare and very successful (Bayonetta and DMC for example)

• Brohoof 1