Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who would you hire to make the most overrated film you can think of?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

We sometimes hear about overrated directors and actors who make grandiose films that instead become laughing-stocks, such as Michael Bay, M Night Shyamalan, and J J Abrams.

If you want to create an intentionally overrated film, who would you hire to make your film as delightfully cheesy as possible?

Also, please tell us who should compose the film's soundtracks!

Thank you, and have some Baysplosions.

ddd.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Since you already mentioned JJ Abrams, I'll throw in a couple others instead. Peter Jackson comes to mind, and possibly Roland Emmerich. Both rely on an overabundance of special effects to compensate for their directorial shortcomings.

And I would get James Newton Howard to do the score, because he churns out pretty much all the scores these days, or so it seems. He's the equivalent of the aforementioned directors in terms of music; prolific and in some ways competent, but vastly overrated.   

• 2 weeks later...

Even though he's tied to my favourite properties, Zack Snyder as the director. Tom Cruise as the lead in an action adventure where he must woo a girl while being an American knock off of James Bond. Angelina Jolie will reprise her role as a sultry damsel in distress, like all her other movies. Also, in order to appeal to young Millennials the soundtrack will be nothing but mainstream dubstep by artists such as Skrillex, Nero, and Deadmau3.