Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Since S7's Been Announced Now, Do You Think They'll Link It Up With The Movie?

OmegaBeamOfficial

This is something I just thought of that intrigues me. Normally, I wouldn't go around suspecting things like this, but I do have some ground to base it on, so hear me out. Also, I wasn't sure where to post this as it involves discussion on the show, the movie, and EG in one post, so I'm sorry about that.

But considering most (Maybe not all, we still don't know if Legend Of Everfree is linked to Season 6 yet and it seems like they're trying to separate the two worlds more and more like when they replaced Twilight in the movies with Sci-Twi) of the EG movies had some sort of connection to the show seasons continuity, do you think maybe the movie might link up with Season 7 in some form? I'm not sure how they'd execute it, maybe something in Season 7 will cliffhanger or hint at the movie, or vice versa, but since there might not be another EG movie to link it to, with only specials coming out for it soon, probably a result of the movie and Season 7 being made at the same time, I don't think It's unreasonable to assume they might link the two together in some form, even if It's just a small link like FG was with Season 5, I still think It'd be pretty cool. What do you guys think?

Going to say "no". One thing they got savaged by the studio execs about for the original script for the movie was it feeling too much like "a giant episode" in that it required too much continuity from the show.
I get the feeling they're going to want this to attract casuals who aren't already FIM fans in in order to get mainstream traction in order to get sales as high as possible, in which case you absolutely DO NOT want to have to have alot of tie ins to the show to avoid consfusing the newbies.

But considering most (Maybe not all, we still don't know if Legend Of Everfree is linked to Season 6 yet

Wait, we don't? :P

The season finale came and went, and there was no link at all to the LOE movie :/

• Brohoof 3

Going to say "no". One thing they got savaged by the studio execs about for the original script for the movie was it feeling too much like "a giant episode" in that it required too much continuity from the show.

I get the feeling they're going to want this to attract casuals who aren't already FIM fans in in order to get mainstream traction in order to get sales as high as possible, in which case you absolutely DO NOT want to have to have alot of tie ins to the show to avoid consfusing the newbies.

The season finale came and went, and there was no link at all to the LOE movie :/

LOE is the first EQG to not take place after a season finale. I speculate LOE takes place halfway through season 6.

• Brohoof 2

WEl las long as the MLP movie dont have ANOTHER alicorn as the villain i'll be good. 

>another

We've only had one alicorn as a villain so far in Luna :P (or at least a "true" alicorn, since chryssy is a changeling not an alicorn :P)

I honestly think an alicorn villain that explores alicorn lore might be interesting since there's so little known about them.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I guess that makes sense, though going by that logic, you'd think they'd do the same thing for the EG movies, though granted they probably aren't nearly as big a project as this. Now that I'm considering this, it makes me a little worried that the movie will go so mainstream that It'll lose the qualities that make FIM great. I mean, I thought the high sales would come from fans of the show, not random people who know nothing about it...

What? I thought the season wasn't over yet. Ah well, I wouldn't know, I've just used Netflix to watch it so I don't have access to the second half yet. Still, if It's not connected to the show, and most likely not connected to the movie, then what the hell was the point of that cliffhanger at the end of LOE?

LOE is the first EQG to not take place after a season finale. I speculate LOE takes place halfway through season 6.

Well, to each their own I guess.

WEl las long as the MLP movie dont have ANOTHER alicorn as the villain i'll be good. 

To be honest an Alicorn villain actually sounds interesting...

>another

We've only had one alicorn as a villain so far in Luna :P (or at least a "true" alicorn, since chryssy is a changeling not an alicorn :P)

I honestly think an alicorn villain that explores alicorn lore might be interesting since there's so little known about them.

Same here, one thing I think is often glossed over about Alicorns is their long life span. Maybe we can have some explanation of how it works, or even if they can die or not.

Edited by OmegaBeamOfficial

Just because the movies are focusing less and less on using scenes in Equestria doesn't necessarily mean that the two worlds are drifting further and further apart. In fact, I'd say they could be getting closer as evidenced by the final scene from Legend of Everfree, but I can't say for certain until we know more about the three specials coming next year.

I think Legend of Everfree takes place about a month after Friendship Games, and the latter took place at the same time as the season five finale. It's safe to assume then that LoE occurs sometime during season six, but when exactly is up for debate. Season seven could conclude with a tie-in to the movie, but again that is up for debate since information regarding next season and the movie are extremely scarce.

• Brohoof 1

Just because the movies are focusing less and less on using scenes in Equestria doesn't necessarily mean that the two worlds are drifting further and further apart. In fact, I'd say they could be getting closer as evidenced by the final scene from Legend of Everfree, but I can't say for certain until we know more about the three specials coming next year.

I think Legend of Everfree takes place about a month after Friendship Games, and the latter took place at the same time as the season five finale. It's safe to assume then that LoE occurs sometime during season six, but when exactly is up for debate. Season seven could conclude with a tie-in to the movie, but again that is up for debate since information regarding next season and the movie are extremely scarce.

Well, I'm now a little confused by that final scene honestly. Now that some people have somehow accessed and watched the season finale early and have confirmed there is no link between Season 6 finale and LOE I gotta wonder what the point of that cliffhanger was.

Well, I'm now a little confused by that final scene honestly. Now that some people have somehow accessed and watched the season finale early and have confirmed there is no link between Season 6 finale and LOE I gotta wonder what the point of that cliffhanger was.

The next movie of course XD

Human twilight at the end of RR didn't link to FIM after all, it was a cliff hanger for the third movie, same thing here, the Ending of LOE is a stinger for the upcoming specials: Magic is pouring out of the cracks between dimensions, and the plot of the next movie will deal with the mane seven having to figure out a way to contain or fix the problem, since magic seems to inevitably drive  humans (besides the mane six) insane who come into contact with it.

• Brohoof 1

The cliffhanger from my perspective was to set the stage for what was to come next for Equestria Girls. We're getting three specials next year according to that press statement from Hasbro, and I feel we're going to learn more about the ramifications of the crack in the portal. I also see it as a continuation of Friendship Games since Midnight Sparkle was the one who destroyed the statue when she used magic for the first time. It may be possible that the writers are setting up something really big, with Friendship Games starting it and Legend of Everfree getting certain things in place.

• Brohoof 1

The next movie of course XD

Human twilight at the end of RR didn't link to FIM after all, it was a cliff hanger for the third movie, same thing here, the Ending of LOE is a stinger for the upcoming specials: Magic is pouring out of the cracks between dimensions, and the plot of the next movie will deal with the mane seven having to figure out a way to contain or fix the problem, since magic seems to inevitably drive  humans (besides the mane six) insane who come into contact with it.

That's not really what I mean by a connection. For example, in Rainbow Rocks we do get a few minutes of pony screen time, I consider that a link up. Same with Friendship Games, she might have only shown up for five seconds, but Pony Twilight did show up and even hinted at the Season 5 finale. Still, I guess It'll be interesting to see where they go with all this.

The cliffhanger from my perspective was to set the stage for what was to come next for Equestria Girls. We're getting three specials next year according to that press statement from Hasbro, and I feel we're going to learn more about the ramifications of the crack in the portal. I also see it as a continuation of Friendship Games since Midnight Sparkle was the one who destroyed the statue when she used magic for the first time. It may be possible that the writers are setting up something really big, with Friendship Games starting it and Legend of Everfree getting certain things in place.

True, I suppose the three specials could perhaps be some kind of saga involving this stone mystery. Maybe each special represents two different Elements Of Harmony, that's what I'm thinking anyway, since I think that this leaking magic might link up with their elements somehow.

• Brohoof 1

True, I suppose the three specials could perhaps be some kind of saga involving this stone mystery. Maybe each special represents two different Elements Of Harmony, that's what I'm thinking anyway, since I think that this leaking magic might link up with their elements somehow.

With magic now seeping through the portal to Equestria, what was once contained at Canterlot High is starting to spread to other places as we saw in Legend of Everfree. How much magic has escaped? Where did it go? Does Princess Twilight know that this is happening under her muzzle given the portal is inside her castle? That's actually a whole new set of questions right there.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure what they have planned next year for Season 7 and the movie. However, if they choose to have it tie in with the movie, that might be risky for anyone who's not seen the series yet so it might be best to avoid doing something like that for the people coming to watch the movie and having not watched the series yet.

• Brohoof 1

I think it will yes. True they have stated they don't want it to feel like an extended episode, but they can still have things set up that will become more relevant in the motion picture. They will bank on the knowledge that fans of the show will at some point catch the film, whether in theaters or on DVD. With smart writing they will be able to unite them very clearly, but keep them different enough to each be enjoyed by separate audiences as well. I think they will do this actually as a nod to the fans...  to build something interesting over time, and leave some strings dangling for people to wonder and complain over, and then wow us all in the movie by bringing it all together and telling a real action packed and compelling story that will try to please fans of the show and attempt to convert the curious.

• Brohoof 1

I doubt it. Remember the target audience are young girls, and not all of them keep-up with the episodes, specially if a good number of them just recently watched ponies :huh:. Maybe a mention here and there like they usually do, but they won't be building up the movie in the show

• Brohoof 1

With magic now seeping through the portal to Equestria, what was once contained at Canterlot High is starting to spread to other places as we saw in Legend of Everfree. How much magic has escaped? Where did it go? Does Princess Twilight know that this is happening under her muzzle given the portal is inside her castle? That's actually a whole new set of questions right there.

Well, that's a lot of questions considering we've only seen 5 seconds of flashy lights.

In order to make the film digestible by a general audience, I don't think that tere will be major continuity from the show to the film. So my answer is no.

Makes sense I guess. I hope they don't make the movie too mainstream though.

I'm not sure what they have planned next year for Season 7 and the movie. However, if they choose to have it tie in with the movie, that might be risky for anyone who's not seen the series yet so it might be best to avoid doing something like that for the people coming to watch the movie and having not watched the series yet.

But wouldn't it be people who are fans of the show watching the movie?

I think it will yes. True they have stated they don't want it to feel like an extended episode, but they can still have things set up that will become more relevant in the motion picture. They will bank on the knowledge that fans of the show will at some point catch the film, whether in theaters or on DVD. With smart writing they will be able to unite them very clearly, but keep them different enough to each be enjoyed by separate audiences as well. I think they will do this actually as a nod to the fans...  to build something interesting over time, and leave some strings dangling for people to wonder and complain over, and then wow us all in the movie by bringing it all together and telling a real action packed and compelling story that will try to please fans of the show and attempt to convert the curious.

Trying to appeal to both general audiences and fans is hard, but I'm hoping Hasbro can pull through. Hell, they did it just fine with EG, I don't see a problem here...

• Brohoof 1

Well, that's a lot of questions considering we've only seen 5 seconds of flashy lights.

Thought I'd get a head-start on the questions angle. Of course, my questions are more along the line of theories of what might happen but not necessarily will.

• Brohoof 1

But wouldn't it be people who are fans of the show watching the movie?

Trying to appeal to both general audiences and fans is hard, but I'm hoping Hasbro can pull through. Hell, they did it just fine with EG, I don't see a problem here...

For the most part, it will be fans watching the movie, but there's always those people who will come and watch it even though they've not seen the series or Equestria Girls yet.

• Brohoof 1

True, all we can do is speculate and theorize at this point.

And who knows? Maybe some of our theories will end up happening.

• Brohoof 1