Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Will the Griffons finally get a leader?

cider float

Okay so far...

Changelings: Prince/King Thorax

Ponies: Princess Celestia/Luna

Dragons: Ember

They all got a leader but the Griffons, another intelligent species does not have a leader yet. Should Gabby or Gilda become the leader or someone new?

Edited by cider float

Well, considering the governmental forms all point to monarchy (I assume because of the target audience) I would say King/Queen is the right choice, the history of the Griffons considered. But as for who would be leader, it might be Gilda, if she's seen as the source or start of the fires of friendship (which I assume unite the Griffons "like never before") then they might make her leader. I believe that's how leaders are generally born is by uniting people. Of course there could be other Griffons not yet met that would make better candidates. I can't see it being Gabby but that might be simply because she doesn't have enough of an established history. But as someone else mentioned, they are Griffons and have for a long time kept to themselves and survived individually. So, even united, they might not need a leader. Then again, they are Griffons (irony) and there's bound to be some.. bartering issues.. and a legal system would alleviate those to an extent. But of course, the show's intended audience might not care, and so the writers just might never resolve the question.

(edited)

I want to see a monarch election between Gabby and Gilda. Elections will be hosted by Equestria's princesses like Twilight and Celestia. Queen Gilda 2016 how about that.

sig-4703717.queen_gilda_by_missymeghan3-

Gilda: Gabby is not serious enough to tackle the issues and to help reconstruct Griffonstone, I build things and I build them very well. We shall build the "walls" of Griffonstone and make it great again!

sig-4703717.Gabby_introduces_herself_as_

Gabby: I am the Queen you want. I'm good at many things and re-building Griffonstone is one of those things. I also have close relations with a faction of Ponyville the Cutie Mark Crusaders already, what have you done around Ponyville Gilda? More than bullying them I hope. If you want better foreign policy pick me!

sig-4703717.c0a90a9cda752f5b9a2ac59dccf7

Gilda: And what would you know about trade and economy Gabby? I have been selling scones for years and know all the ins and outs. I started out with nothing but a few bits and turned it into sacks of bits, this city needs money to rebuild itself and I'll be on that. First we need to bring back all the corporations that left this city after the collapse of our previous king.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

How about Gallus? With all he learned at the school, he might lead the griffins to glory!

We still dunno his complete backstory, and neither does he! He could be royal blood for all we know!

Edited by FlareGun45

12 hours ago, FlareGun45 said:

How about Gallus? With all he learned at the school, he might lead the griffins to glory!

We still dunno his complete backstory, and neither does he! He could be royal blood for all we know!

Personally, I think Gallus is going to turn out to be the heir to the Griffonstone throne, he does seem set up to maybe be the main element in his group so giving him a royal position much like Twilight's. His lack of a known background would explain why he didn't know this. It would also make sense to do this with a character we are already invested in as opposed to characters who have only appeared once, twice, or not a all before. I also think it could benefit Gallus' character development as he appears to want nothing to do with Griffonstone, even more so that other griffons for understandable reasons. 

One idea I think could be an interesting twist is if it turns out that Twilight and the griffons knew from the start that Gallus was the heir and that was the reason they had sent him to the school over any other griffon. Gallus doesn't appear to be related to any griffon who would support him, and he could assume (much like he does in multiple fan fictions I've read with him) that he was only sent to the school because no one in Griffonstone, but it could be something big for him if he discovered they sent him because they mean for him to eventually lead them someday. Gallus would certainly be reluctant to accept to position given his refusal to even go home.

king_gallus_by_cloudyglow_dcqsvuv-fullvi

Besides, I think it would be good look for him.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

If that's the case, the Mane 6 kind of failed, because he's probably so attached to his friends, they're probably all going to become teachers at the school when they grow up. It's likely that Gallus just got randomly picked because no other griff wanted to learn about friendship.

On second thought, I'm not that against Gilda becoming queen. Or King Grover coming back from the dead, like Star Swirl did.b17ff07e1a3bc7cc1c5d9a262259f812.jpg

The idea of a King Gallus intrigues me. Considering the dispositions of the likes of Gruff, Gilda, and the all-too positive Gabby, Gallus would be the best choice, though his age and lack of adult experience MAY be of a hindrance, but for a future path...he seems the most likely.