Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever left the MLP fandom, then came back?

Kaneki

If so, what made you come back?

I left but I came back because I couldn't find another active community that I could easily get settled into - all the other communities I was looking at were VERY inactive and didn't feel comfortable in.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah... About three or four times now. :v

I'm honestly not sure why I keep leaving and coming back constantly like this. I think it's just specific moments of my life where I want to focus on more important stuff, like family, friends, school, job, etc., and other moments where I really do miss some of the good times I had in here (especially around the Roleplaying section of the forums). Different mindsets make me drift towards different places in life.

It's not like I'm well-known at all around the MLP fandom or anything, but it's always nice to be reminded of how warm and friendly this community really is~

Boredom and no alternatives brought me back, tbh. And the hope that things get better. Though theres's actually no hope anymore and if Season 7 sucks again (especially for Celestia) i will call my quits the last time, because i already predict that the movie isn't worth watching.

There's nothing better right now and i'm neither into anime nor other cartoons like Adventure Time. Nothing really piques my interest anymore. I was into the AVP fandom once, but this interest kinda died, even with Alien: Covenant next year and another Predator movie one year later.

Edited by Swifty

Oh, yes. I'm coming back now, really. I left back in May after interest was declining for a few months and The Cart Before the Ponies was the episode I watched on my first attempt coming back. So, it took a while for me to want to come back. It's weird thinking that it's been so long.

And, I couldn't feel happy in the Steven Universe fandom when I tried. The show is great but it seems like a lot of people try to turn it into LGBT propaganda. Now, I have no problem with LGBT, but when that's 90% of what you see about the show in the fandom, it's extremely annoying. Also, the Steven Universe fandom has nowhere near the amount of creativity bronies have.

Edited by meme

I've left several times for one simple reason: People are jerks, and sadly, the fans of a show about friendship are no less inclined to be.

I keep watching the show, though. I'm always going to enjoy that. I've just gone for long stretches trying to avoid bronies.

I left for almost half a year this year because I went offshore for work in the Gulf for a month and then, immediately after that, got new contracts and started traveling for work. I was very distracted and even had to miss my local con Everfree Northwest (been going since the first one in 2012) so I would have to say that I left against my will and it wasn't until I came home that I had time to think about ponies again and realized that I missed it all.

One could say I have once or twice, I have also tried to leave these forums for good more than once, but I am always drawn back. 

I'm not really called myself a  "Brony" since 2013 or so, but I have stayed around the community since. I still drift further in the sense I don't watch the show anymore. 

I have my inactive moments, then I have my moments where I kinda just lurk in the fandom rather then be a part of it. 

But I never stopped being a fan of the show. Or the awesome fan fiction over on fim fiction~! :fluttershy:

I've left several times for one simple reason: People are jerks, and sadly, the fans of a show about friendship are no less inclined to be.

I keep watching the show, though. I'm always going to enjoy that. I've just gone for long stretches trying to avoid bronies.

Yup. I think people just try their hardest to not reveal their true jerkiness, because this fandom is supposed to be about friendship and tolerance. I mean, i've been called a moron for just being on the side of Lauren Faust. And i'm not better with calling someone a asshole for permanently giving bad names to one of my favs. :D

Edited by Swifty
  • Brohoof 1

I used to be obsessed over the show. I would write fanfics, make art and even host contests. A few months ago, I left the fandom due to the show not interesting me anymore. I also stopped drawing pony art because I wanted to focus my art skills on different things.

Despite what I thought of the show (and what I still think of it) I gained quite a lot of money by drawing commissions. Please don't see me as a greedy artist, but I have been thinking of coming back for the sole purpose of doing art commissions. Heck, I love drawing, I gain something back in return and I give the commissioner an art piece that he/she is happy with. It's a win/win, right?

Edited by NixWorld

I never stopped liking the show ever.

When it comes to here I'll be honest. I have had a negative reputation of leaving and coming back I wouldn't need anyone here to remind me of that either. We all make mistakes you know. Depression does things to a person and almost changes who you are from the real you. Makes you do foolish things you'll regret later... and my negativity at times have ruined good friendships I have had here but all in all that is the past no sense for me to dwell on it. You can't change the past but just acknowledge it and move on.

I once left before Season 5 began although I still talk to my friends who liked MLP and when that season began, that was a disaster, I wished that season never happened, if it wasn't for Starlight being the main character, I wouldn't have come back.

I never left the fandom, but i had a moment when i stopped following this community cause i had better things to do, it was a break for a whole year...
Tho, when i came back, i realized how much i missed this fandom, so now i'm following it as much as i can ^^