Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shouldn't Minuette and Moondancer appear more?

KillerKingBakudan

They're two of Twilight's oldest friends, yet despite going back to Canterlot and rekindling her friendship with both of them, she hasn't been hanging out with them enough. Minuette and Moondancer should be recurring characters now, like Discord. I don't have a clue why Twilight didn't get an episode with them in Season 6, and I know I'll be disappointed if the best they get in Season 7 are background cameos. 

Especially Minuette. Between her, Lemon Hearts and Twinkleshine, she stood out the most, and I've no doubt she's become more of a fan favorite since Season 5. Not as much as Vinyl or Derpy, but her "introduction" (for what it's worth) in Amending Fences was one of the most memorable. A personality and voice like hers shouldn't go to waste.

• Brohoof 2

I'd love to see more of Moon dancer as well. She was a really likeable character after all. 

I think there's some hope. Trixie kinda felt like a throwaway character to me when she first showed up and she's appeared plenty of times since then, she was even the focus of a two parter! 

So who knows, she could make more appearances in the future. She might not.

If I had a say she certainly would.  :orly:

Minuette usually appears in the background as well, a background pony, yet Amending Fences was the first episode in which she had a major role that gave her some actual character development. Moondancer was given the same treatment despite debuting in the episode in question--she appeared as a Fluttershy re-colour in The Fall of Sunset Shimmer--but has also been regulated to the status of background character.

I'd like to see them come back despite what I said just now. They both still have plenty of development that we haven't seen and it'd be nice for Twilight to interact with them again. The only problem would be getting their respective voice actresses back since neither of them are regulars.

I would like to see them again, maybe a nice adventure together for all of them and not just a slice of life, milkshakes and hugs episode.

It really depends on what direction the show is taking this next season though. Here lately every time they do a show centering on characters outside of the Mane 6, several people lose their crap and make sure everyone knows it.

• Brohoof 1

They need to put Rainbow Dash's parents into the show before bringing back Minuette and Moondancer. We've seen everyone else's family, it's about time.

Besides, I have that sinking feeling they're going to be background or cameo appearances only. We got Moondancer in the Cutie Remark and that's probably their idea of a "feature".

I might be biased, given that I'm not especially fond of either character, but I don't think this show really needs more recurring characters. Plus I sorta feel like Moondancer and Minuette are most likely spending the bulk of their time with their lives in Canterlot, and thus probably aren't gonna be visiting Ponyville all the time. As for why Twilight doesn't visit... well, I just don't see what other stories there are to be told with them, and in spite of everything, I don't think Twilight, Minuette, and Moondancer are all that close to each other.

Edited by AlexanderThrond

No, they both irritate me. Minuette giggles incessantly and Moondancer... well, read my blog if you really want to know what I think of Moondancer, but you really don't want to know.

They need to put Rainbow Dash's parents into the show before bringing back Minuette and Moondancer. We've seen everyone else's family, it's about time.

Besides, I have that sinking feeling they're going to be background or cameo appearances only. We got Moondancer in the Cutie Remark and that's probably their idea of a "feature".

we haven't seen applejack's parents yet :P

also...

322.png

isn't that RD's dad on the left? :confused:  (bleh the pic is cut off :wat: )

• Brohoof 1

we haven't seen applejack's parents yet :P

Funny, bro. But I did say family. We've seen a lot of Applejack's family, we haven't even formally met anyone related to Rainbow Dash. I can't remember if they ever confirmed that was her dad, but even then, we don't have a name and he's never spoken.

Edited by Rainblow H. Ash

Funny, bro. But I did say family. We've seen a lot of Applejack's family, we haven't even formally met anyone related to Rainbow Dash. I can't remember if they ever confirmed that was her dad, but even then, we don't have a name and he's never spoken.

you did say parents though too. :P though it is true that we havent seen anypony related to rainbow dash. also his name is rainbow blaze. though im not 100% sure if its canon that he is RD's father...

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Rainbow_Blaze

you did say parents though too. :P though it is true that we havent seen anypony related to rainbow dash. also his name is rainbow blaze. though im not 100% sure if its canon that he is RD's father...

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Rainbow_Blaze

Yeah I read that page before and they confirmed he's not her dad. Which is weird, because she was standing on his back in that flashback in "Games Ponies Play". They claim we've never seen her parents, so either he is her cousin, brother, uncle, or some other family member. Otherwise, she just got lucky and found the one other pony with rainbow hair to stand on.

I might be biased, given that I'm not especially fond of either character, but I don't think this show really needs more recurring characters. Plus I sorta feel like Moondancer and Minuette are most likely spending the bulk of their time with their lives in Canterlot, and thus probably aren't gonna be visiting Ponyville all the time. As for why Twilight doesn't visit... well, I just don't see what other stories there are to be told with them, and in spite of everything, I don't think Twilight, Minuette, and Moondancer are all that close to each other.

They should be. If Twilight can get all torn up by guilt over ditching them to leave for Ponyville, she needs to make them a higher priority in life. Not every friend can be your "best friend", but that doesn't make them unimportant.

I don't recall her being particularly powerful.

I don't either. She was well studied. In fact, I don't even remember her doing magic in the episode outside of simple levitation and that blast she used to pop Twilight's bubble of silence.